Optimistic October, 2022 W.I.S.H. Thread

Hey guys! I'd like to join in. I'll be 37 in a couple weeks and have a husband (51), and 7 and 5.5 year old daughters and a 1 year old son. After the girls I was able to lose the baby weight pretty quickly. With my son... not so much. I also had horrible ppd which took a huge toll on me mentally and actually almost ended my marriage just before Christmas last year. I had Gestational Diabetes with all 3 kids and it went away after the girls, but I realized a few months ago that the way I felt all day felt a lot like I did when I was pregnant. When I found my blood monitor, I checked and was surprised (but not surprised) to see my sugar was over 400, and was consistently in the 250-300 range most days. I've made some big strides since July with changing diet and cutting out full sugar soda.

I work in a food distribution warehouse late nights, so my schedule is awful, 3pm-2am.

My goal for October is to do a little better with meal prepping and walk with the kids before their bedtime on my days off. Also, 4 days of weight training per week.

Hey guys! I'd like to join in. I'll be 37 in a couple weeks and have a husband (51), and 7 and 5.5 year old daughters and a 1 year old son. After the girls I was able to lose the baby weight pretty quickly. With my son... not so much. I also had horrible ppd which took a huge toll on me mentally and actually almost ended my marriage just before Christmas last year. I had Gestational Diabetes with all 3 kids and it went away after the girls, but I realized a few months ago that the way I felt all day felt a lot like I did when I was pregnant. When I found my blood monitor, I checked and was surprised (but not surprised) to see my sugar was over 400, and was consistently in the 250-300 range most days. I've made some big strides since July with changing diet and cutting out full sugar soda.

I work in a food distribution warehouse late nights, so my schedule is awful, 3pm-2am.

My goal for October is to do a little better with meal prepping and walk with the kids before their bedtime on my days off. Also, 4 days of weight training per week.
Welcome!!!

:welcome:@Tygerlilly

I ate okay today and I've gotten lots of steps in so yay me! Things at work are definitely less stressful and that is helping. I didn't sleep well last night, but got up on time and started yoga. About a third of the way through I realized my time would be better spent back in bed! Didn't fall asleep, but just resting some more definitely helped. I finished the yoga after work!

Welcome @Tygerlilly
Ok so varying woowhoos today

Serious woowhoo: family in Sarastoa, NC and Grand Cayman are all ok after Ian. Some property damage but nothing that can't be fixed.

Silly woowhoo: I bought a sweatshirt at joblot (a discount housewares, hardware, everything) store the other day. Very comfy so I googled the brand and it regularly sells for $50 (I got the shirt for 10). I did not notice when I bought the shirt that it has those little holes for your thumb so the sleeves cover part of my hands! Such a fun little surprise I may go get one in another color.

Things with my dad are not good right now so I am taking my wins where I can get them.

Teachers! I am thinking introducing 3 signs at a time. She already learned want. I am thinking HELP and maybe TOILET but what else should I introduce right away? TIRED? HURT? She communicates hungry/thirsty on her own pretty easily.

I took sign language one semester in college. I have always been intrigued by it. I agree with what everyone else has stated with the words to start with. My sister watched my kids when they were little and she taught the girls (DD was 6 months when she started watching them) a few simple words. More and Done were the ones I remember. DD also refused to talk if anyone was a round until she was like 3.

Welcome!!!!

Happy Birthday Summer!

I am so far behind. It has been so busy here. Summer I am following your lead. I like this format.

Intro:
I'm Stephanie, 43
I live in northeast Ohio.
Living with...DH 43, DS 16 and DD 15.
I am a manager working with scholarships (we give out well over 300 scholarships a year) for a college access program.
Favorite place...Disney.
Hobbies...I am boring and don't really have any right now. I would say watching my kids do what they love. Right now is soccer and marching band
October 2022 Goals...To get back to exercising on the treadmill on my lunch break and to stop eating out. There is no time to cook with my kids schedules in the fall. Next Wednesday is the last regular session soccer game for both. DD will be done as JV doesn't go to playoffs and DS will still be playing because they have started to play him on varsity the last 2 games. Though I don't think either varsity will make it far. Neither team has won much this year.

Things have been going good. All the tests they have done are coming back negative. I had the IUD removed a few weeks ago and the pain has not come back. I am thinking this was the cause. There is still no reason why there is glucose in my urine. My A1C was normal and not even close to the diabetic mark. So this is a mystery. it could be what my daughter has though. It is called benign gluseria. It doesn't affect anything but she pees out her sugar. So we will see. I have another doctor appointment today to get the results of the bladder test. The portal said it was all normal though. An another one in 2 weeks for the results of the biopsies from the colonoscopy. He did not see anything but was checking for microscopic inflammation. I don't think there is anything there though. They just don't like to believe that issues I have are from MSG.

I did lose 5 pounds since last week. I am sure from the colonoscopy. I need to make sure I get my walking and eat healthy so I don't gain that back.

My anniversary is Sunday. It will 18 years since we got married. We planned to take of Friday and Monday to have a relaxing weekend together. Instead we are now moving DH's grandmother to her new apartment. But we will still have Sunday and Monday. I am ready for this move to be over though. I know Saturday will not go good with her. I was able to get 2 of DS's friends to help. It will be easier for the young ones to help move the heavy stuff. It will all be good once she is moved and settled.

Happy Birthday Summer!

I am so far behind. It has been so busy here. Summer I am following your lead. I like this format.

Intro:
I'm Stephanie, 43
I am a manager working with scholarships (we give out well over 300 scholarships a year) for a college access program.
Favorite place...Disney.
Hobbies...I am boring and don't really have any right now. I would say watching my kids do what they love. Right now is soccer and marching band
October 2022 Goals...To get back to exercising on the treadmill on my lunch break and to stop eating out. There is no time to cook with my kids schedules in the fall. Next Wednesday is the last regular session soccer game for both. DD will be done as JV doesn't go to playoffs and DS will still be playing because they have started to play him on varsity the last 2 games. Though I don't think either varsity will make it far. Neither team has won much this year.

Things have been going good. All the tests they have done are coming back negative. I had the IUD removed a few weeks ago and the pain has not come back. I am thinking this was the cause. There is still no reason why there is glucose in my urine. My A1C was normal and not even close to the diabetic mark. So this is a mystery. it could be what my daughter has though. It is called benign gluseria. It doesn't affect anything but she pees out her sugar. So we will see. I have another doctor appointment today to get the results of the bladder test. The portal said it was all normal though. An another one in 2 weeks for the results of the biopsies from the colonoscopy. He did not see anything but was checking for microscopic inflammation. I don't think there is anything there though. They just don't like to believe that issues I have are from MSG.

I did lose 5 pounds since last week. I am sure from the colonoscopy. I need to make sure I get my walking and eat healthy so I don't gain that back.

My anniversary is Sunday. It will 18 years since we got married. We planned to take of Friday and Monday to have a relaxing weekend together. Instead we are now moving DH's grandmother to her new apartment. But we will still have Sunday and Monday. I am ready for this move to be over though. I know Saturday will not go good with her. I was able to get 2 of DS's friends to help. It will be easier for the young ones to help move the heavy stuff. It will all be good once she is moved and settled.
I truly hope that you are able to carve out time for you and your DH to celebrate, especially after a stressful family situation. Happy Anniversary!!!💕

Welcome! Happy to have you join in.

Happy Birthday Summer!

Intro:
I'm Stephanie, 43
Favorite place...Disney.

1664982172633.png

Woohoo... my body is so happy after my Rolfing appointment this morning, regular massage just doesn't compare. I had booked additional appointments every other week but decided to go in again next week because I want my body to be able to hang on to all this goodness.

And woohoo... I've decided to discontinue the Adderall, because again it wasn't giving me what I need but was having negative effects. It was such a relief when I made this decision yesterday, testing the different drugs really was an ordeal that I'm happy to be done with. Now it is back to learning how to work with the ADHD, and to being myself again.

I truly hope that you are able to carve out time for you and your DH to celebrate, especially after a stressful family situation. Happy Anniversary!!!💕

Thank you. We will. Sunday we will watch football and Monday is just the 2 of use while kids are in school.

Thank you!
And woohoo... I've decided to discontinue the Adderall, because again it wasn't giving me what I need but was having negative effects. It was such a relief when I made this decision yesterday, testing the different drugs really was an ordeal that I'm happy to be done with. Now it is back to learning how to work with the ADHD, and to being myself again.

My sister went through the same thing. I am not sure if she ever found one that worked.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter