Optimistic October, 2022 W.I.S.H. Thread

Wahoo for modern medicine! I'm starting to get something. What I had taken wasn't cutting it, but my principal had something and after that I was feeling much better. Too bad it's worn off! I sent DH to the store and he bought something else recommended by coworkers so I'll take it before I go to bed. No yoga this morning and definitely planning to skip it again tomorrow!

Wahoo for bacon. Not healthy but definitely delicious. Yes. We had breakfast for dinner tonight!

Wahoo for comfy couches!

Wahoo for modern medicine! I'm starting to get something. What I had taken wasn't cutting it, but my principal had something and after that I was feeling much better. Too bad it's worn off! I sent DH to the store and he bought something else recommended by coworkers so I'll take it before I go to bed. No yoga this morning and definitely planning to skip it again tomorrow!

Wahoo for bacon. Not healthy but definitely delicious. Yes. We had breakfast for dinner tonight!

Wahoo for comfy couches!

We have picked up something here too. I was in denial the last 2ish days. It was just a scratchy throat. By last night I was couching and congested. Thankfully it does not look like covid since the test was negative this morning. DD has it too and is about a day ahead of me. She is home from school today. She toughed it out yesterday and even played in her soccer game and went to part of band practice.

I am thankfully to be able to work from home. I don't feel great today but I get to stay in my PJ's and not take a PTO day. Though we will see how the day goes. I may take off a bit earlier depending on how I feel.

I am also thankful for a day off of activities for the kids. DS does not have soccer practice today. Not sure why but they get a day off. DD stayed home today so no practice for her tonight and band practice was switched to Wednesday night instead of Thursday. So once DS is home from school we do not need to do anything for the rest f the night.

WooHoo Wednesday:
The new chicken meatball recipe I tried came out really good.

Thankful Thursday:
I saw the twins (my honorary niece and nephew) for the first time since school started, and they both love second grade.
I think the sun is trying desperately to peak out a little bit. (I reeeeeally need a break from all this grey.)

I am thankful it is in fact Thursday. This has been a long work week with a lot of changes and upheaval and at this point it feels like we've crammed two weeks in to one, so thankful we're on the downhill slide to the weekend. I know I need to do something big over the weekend to really cut loose but not sure what that will be yet.

And thankful that we are in Autumn, it really is my favorite season and to have sunny days and cool temps is a treat.

Thankful to have a roof over my head, comfy furniture and coziness.
Thankful for modern medicine, which is helping me feel not so crummy.
Thankful to have a fully staffed workplace!
Thankful to have a sweet DH.
Thankful I can say no to weekend plans so we can take care of ourselves.
Thankful to have food in my cupboards so I don't have to leave the house when I get home from work.
Thankful I have a job and that most of my earnings go towards lovely things like travel!

Happy Friday!!

I missed thankful Thursday so I will say that I am so thankful that I was able to take a vacation day and be off work with my best friend yesterday. The weather was gorgeous, we had a 2 hour ride each way to chat and catch up, we ate delicious food and each got a few really nice decorations!

Today is a another gorgeous day, thankfully! Tonight DH DD and I will be at a event for the SPCA and it’s outside. Our town is having a dog parade and costume contest so volunteers are picking dogs up this afternoon and dressing them/taking them to the event and walking them in the parade! I will try and share pictures tomorrow!

The SPCA is setting up a table with raffle baskets so I am hoping they make some good profits from that!

I hope everyone who is under the weather feels better soon ❤️

Yesterday my Counselor mentioned 'brown noise' and how she had read that it helps people with ADHD focus and sleep. I tried it last night and man-o-man did it change my sleep patterns. FitBit says I was asleep for 6 hrs 15 mins (it was longer but my FitBit battery ran out), but I got a 'good' sleep score because of the quality of the sleep. So so excited about this because sleep has been such a challenge. I'll also be trying it during the day when I need to focus and concentrate, fingers crossed it helps there as well.

Tomorrow I have the virtual workshop with Katherine May. It is going to be on the transition to autumn and she's also going to talk about the five questions she asks herself each morning. I'm interested to hear what they are and see if I want to incorporate them in to my morning pages. Happily I remembered to get out her book 'Wintering' and read the first chapter yesterday, which is 'September', I'll read October this evening.

Still haven't decided what else to do over the weekend, weather is supposed to still be great so something outside for sure... just want to make sure I get a proper break from the stresses of this week.

Hope all have a good weekend.

Our town is having a dog parade and costume contest so volunteers are picking dogs up this afternoon and dressing them/taking them to the event and walking them in the parade! I will try and share pictures tomorrow!
Oh my gosh, I love that!

Yesterday my Counselor mentioned 'brown noise' and how she had read that it helps people with ADHD focus and sleep. I tried it last night and man-o-man did it change my sleep patterns.
I've been seeing things about different 'colors' of noise on Instagram lately, and was curious as well. DS tends to have trouble sleeping, and I wonder if he'd try it.

Oh my gosh, I love that!

I've been seeing things about different 'colors' of noise on Instagram lately, and was curious as well. DS tends to have trouble sleeping, and I wonder if he'd try it.
Here's a brief description of the difference between white, pink and brown noise: I was amazed when I looked at my Sleep report this morning and the patterns were so different.

1665166801114.png

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter