Our Experience with DDP

Cinderella_68

Mouseketeer
We were lucky enough to plan our vacation for Sept, so when free dining came out, we were able to book it. Our package was nine nights for five, plus we had a 2 year old with us.
While free is good, I think we would definitely pay for this plan in the future. I loved that our food was taken care of, credits were available to all should they need a quick snack or drink should we split up, (we were paying for my mom, so it was important to us that she be able to snack/eat when she wanted, but not pay out of pocket,) we ended up dining at 7 TS restaurants as well as HDDR. We still ended up with 2 TS credits leftover that went unused. We just couldn't eat at another restaurant by the last night!
On the morning of our last day, we had 15 CS credits to use, but it was easy. We went to Captain Cook's at our resort for one last breakfast of Tonga Toast, then had some awesome sandwiches and desserts at Main Street Bakery for lunch and picked up sandwiches for the flight home and more desserts! It worked out perfectly. We used every one of our snack credits.
I don't like that items are disappearing from menus in an effort to streamline the program/reduce costs and should restaurants be removed from the DDP, especially TS, we would probably rethink using DDP. The program as we experienced it in September was, however, great, even though we are not big eaters.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter