Our First Live Trip Report

kitton

Earning My Ears
Hello,

I should formally introduce ourselves. We are Diane (44 but I will have a birthday whilst I'm here!) & Andrew (45) Daniella (11) and Isabella (7). We will be here for 16 nights and this will be our 3rd visit as a family - first time in 2006 then 2008. Andy & I have been a few times BC. We normally visit around Easter.

So we arrived yesterday afternoon after a flight with BA, fab films which kept the kids entertained all journey and no delays - out of the airport in the car within an hour!

We are staying at Windsor Hills - never stayed here before but first impressions are good. Last evening we unpacked, got a delivery pizza and some cold beer:goodvibes and the kids played in the pool. They finally flaked out at 9.30pm. However DD7 woke up at 3.40am!!!!! So here I am typing at 5.30am making plans for the day. I think we are going to AK......not sure yet. The first thing we noticed is the difference in temperature compared to Easter - it was 30c at 5pm last evening!

As I said I'm new to this live trip thing so I hope it works out OK. I've been persuaded to do this by DD11. I've managed to open a Photobucket account so hope to upload some photos - wish me luck :goodvibes

Just checked on DD7 and she's fallen back to sleep - perhaps we'll have a longer day in the parks after all :cool1: Time for a cup of tea with my PG Tips brought from home!!

Have a great trip looking forward to reading your live trip report :) Glad you had a good flight too

sounds great looking forward to reading more :goodvibes

Hello Again,

Thank you for your interest - I'm a stranger after all :goodvibes

We've had a lovely day. Decided on AK - arrived for rope drop and stayed until 5.30pm! Not sure how the girls managed it - it was very hot by the afternoon but there was intermittent cloud and a slight breeze at times which really helped. I like AK - it's a relaxing park I think with lots of shady walking and great things to look at. The park didn't seem that busy :thumbsup2. We got Fastpasses for Everest (not really thinking that we wold ride it as the girls are still a bit weary of rides like that) then Safari, then Kali but did all the other stuff in between - never queued for more than 5 mins. Saw lots of animals on the Safari, not expecting to as we didn't go until after lunch. At the end of day the girls decided they would try Everest - the 11 year old changed her mind when we approached the train but the 7 year old was still up for it. She soon changed her mind when the ride went backwards and spent the rest of the ride saying 'I want to get off!!' One very guilty Mum - although in my defence I never forced her!

At the beginning of the day we didn't imagine that we would still be at the park near closing. We pay now by not going out to eat - so another take away at the villa this evening. I don't mind this approach now but hope to visit the great eating places I've read about on the boards once they are more on US time. So DH & DD's are in the pool cooling off whilst I write this and I suspect I will join them soon. Why does this place make you so happy - it's so addictive. We are already talking about our next visit and we've bearly started this one!

Here are few photos from the day. Will try to take better ones tomorrow.

_MG_3438-1.jpg

Daniella 11

_MG_3439.jpg

Isabella 7 (before Everest - didn't look quite so happy after!)

_MG_3447.jpg

_MG_3441.jpg

IMG_3456.jpg

_MG_3451.jpg

_MG_3448.jpg

How do I resize the photos? - they look so big!

Diane x

great update!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and great pictures!!!!
what camera are you using??? the pictures are gorgeous!!!

i love AK too....a very beautiful and relaxing park...
my kids also love it!!

did you manage to see nemo the musical and festival of the lion king?
i love both of them!!

great update!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and great pictures!!!!
what camera are you using??? the pictures are gorgeous!!!

i love AK too....a very beautiful and relaxing park...
my kids also love it!!

did you manage to see nemo the musical and festival of the lion king?
i love both of them!!

Hi Beth,

Thank you - my camera is a Canon EOS 400D.

Yes we saw Lion King, Nemo and Flights of Wonder. DD11 said Flights of Wonder was her favourite of the day.

Great pics, great camera (same as mine:goodvibes )
I keep considering selling it, the compacts have come on so much in recent years its almost not worth the hassle of a DSLR, the new Lumix TZ20 should be a better zoom (x16) than my 300mm lens includes 24mm ultra wide-angle and its 16MP, not to mention HD video.
We have the TZ10 which is almost worth ditching my Canon, the TZ20 is very tempting:goodvibes I just prefer to hold a DSLR.

Wish we were there too! great updates - PG tips :lmao: i love it (although i'm a Tetley fan myself and will be def. packing some on our next trip!) have a great time :goodvibes

Signing up for your TR - so far, so good- looking forward to hearing more!

What lovely pics! With only 33 days to go until our trip your TR is making me very excited! And I can totally understand about talking about your next trip! We decided on our last trip to rebook as soon as we got home :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter