Overheard . . . On the Buses, At the Parks, In the Restaurants

These are all great! My mom journals all of our trips, so soon I'll pull the journal out and find some more stories to tell.

I'm sure they are. We pick on our parents a lot, too. It's just so easy!

Yeah this one was because my Dad couldn't tell all the fountains in Epcot apart. He got the rest of the family (DH and I that knew the park were off on our own for a bit) lost because he kept insisting the backwards fountain over by journey into the imagination was the same fountain as the fountain of nations. So know we have decided that all fountains are the same and that if you jump in ANY fountain you will come back up in the fountain of nations.

The driver who bashed Disney to me told me that none of the DME drivers work for Disney and they all work for Mears. Knowing that has changed my DME experience, for sure.

^ This makes me even more impressed with my first driver of DME on my first trip. He was excellent, we were sitting right behind him and he kept asking trivia questions about Disney and just made it really special for the parts where the video wasn't on. He also pulled down his sun shield thing as far as he could and still see to drive so that everyone behind us (that couldn't look just over the drivers head lol) couldn't see the disney sign and when we got right to it he pulled it up and announced that we were all officially in Disney World.... NOW!! Being my first trip this was a great start!

Yeah this one was because my Dad couldn't tell all the fountains in Epcot apart. He got the rest of the family (DH and I that knew the park were off on our own for a bit) lost because he kept insisting the backwards fountain over by journey into the imagination was the same fountain as the fountain of nations. So know we have decided that all fountains are the same and that if you jump in ANY fountain you will come back up in the fountain of nations.

If only that were true! Good thing it's not, though, because I'd be jumping in every fountain I see!

This makes me even more impressed with my first driver of DME on my first trip. He was excellent, we were sitting right behind him and he kept asking trivia questions about Disney and just made it really special for the parts where the video wasn't on. He also pulled down his sun shield thing as far as he could and still see to drive so that everyone behind us (that couldn't look just over the drivers head lol) couldn't see the disney sign and when we got right to it he pulled it up and announced that we were all officially in Disney World.... NOW!! Being my first trip this was a great start!

Yes, I doubly appreciate the good drivers, but don't expect as much from the average drivers.

This is both happy and sad at the same time. This happened while standing in line at Disneyland on a Magic Morning for the park to open. People in line were discussing the first time that they had been to Disneyland. I mentioned that I was there in 1955, the year that it opened, and though, only 3, I remembered bits and pieces of it, but most of all the experience and the wonder of it all.

The reaction was mostly positive, until one lady broke in and said: "I'd NEVER take a child that young to Disneyland, what a waste!" I was shocked at first, until others started defending my parents for making that decision. Then someone asked if I had older siblings. I answered that yes, the trip was a reward for a brother for hard yard work and he was 10 years older than I was.

My son still remembers his first trip to Disney, and he was about the same age that I was when I first experienced it.

There was another wonderful family in line, and their little girl was dancing around. They were from Canada and the little girl had only found out about the trip the day before, as they were leaving for their flight. She couldn't believe she was there!

The reaction was mostly positive, until one lady broke in and said: "I'd NEVER take a child that young to Disneyland, what a waste!" I was shocked at first, until others started defending my parents for making that decision.

I never understood why people think this. Do they lock their children in closets until they reach the age of 5?

"I'd NEVER take a child that young to Disneyland, what a waste!"

I never understood why people think this. Do they lock their children in closets until they reach the age of 5?

My guess is that, for some people, it may be a once-in-a-lifetime trip, so they would wait until all of their children would be sure to remember what a wonderful time they had at Disneyland.

In the lobby of Circle of Life a mom tells her son,"we're gonna go in and see Pumba and Simone".

:rotfl: This is the cutest thing ever! Personally, I (who count "GATTACA" and "The Truman Show" among my favorite films) would have seen "S1m0ne" years ago if Pumbaa was the costar.

A couple from our last trip during Thanksgiving. . .

On the POC from a really nice dressed English woman with her teenage daughter. . .
Mom: I wonder how they got Johnny Depp to do that
Daughter: Mom, you realize that's not REALLY Johnny Depp
Mom: Oh

I whispered to MY teenage daughter. . . I SO want to ride the Haunted Mansion with them!

2 young boys in a fuss after SM the youngest (about 7) telling the older (about 9). . . I'm going to hit you and you'll be dead.. .like. . . . forever!

Me and my DD went around the rest of the trip telling each other this.

We were in the queue for the HM when this 20-something couple behind us were talking about the ride.

Girl: Have you seen the "Haunted Mansion" movie? With Eddie Murphy?
Guy: No, is it any good?
Girl: Yeah, pretty good.
Guy: So is the movie based on the ride, or the ride based on the movie?
Girl: Ummmmm...I think they based the ride on the movie.

Cut to me literally pinching my lips with my fingers to keep from shrieking. ;)

You want weird...DH has perfect comic bathroom timing. Seems like everytime he goes in, he comes out with some hilarious story about an overheard interchange between a dad and little son. Like this one he heard in a bathroom off Main Street:

Dad: "No..stop that...no don't do that...DON'T..wait.......DON'T SIT ON THE FLOOR!!! *sigh* Damn, son."
Little boy voice: *gasp* "DADDY!"
Dad: "Sorry, sorry..daddy said a bad word."

You want weird...DH has perfect comic bathroom timing. Seems like everytime he goes in, he comes out with some hilarious story about an overheard interchange between a dad and little son. Like this one he heard in a bathroom off Main Street:

Dad: "No..stop that...no don't do that...DON'T..wait.......DON'T SIT ON THE FLOOR!!! *sigh* Damn, son."
Little boy voice: *gasp* "DADDY!"
Dad: "Sorry, sorry..daddy said a bad word."

So glad that my husband isn't the only one that comes out of the bathroom with stories. I don't think he's had any from Disney, but various other places bring fun bathroom adventures.

So glad that my husband isn't the only one that comes out of the bathroom with stories. I don't think he's had any from Disney, but various other places bring fun bathroom adventures.

Makes you wonder if all the entertainment is in the mens room :lmao:

Last October, on the bus from our resort to Hollywood Studios the lady sitting opposite us called to the driver: "Is this the bus to Disneyland?"

Clearly it happens quite a lot as the driver immediately responded "You're wanting to go to the Magic Kingdom?"

He then explained that this bus was on its way to DHS and that she would have to transfer once we arrive. She and her friend actually asked him if he could just pull over and let them out along the road. :eek:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter