PaHunter's return to camping with cancer and as a diabetic

No change this morning. Still on ventilation and sedation. Continues on antibiotics for the blood infection as well. He has been having intermittent atrial fibrillation, which Chris has history of, but they have been able to control it with medication.

Thanks for all the updates Michael. Had been a while since I heard from Chris too and spoke to Jenn Friday evening.

Today is little change, possibly little worse. I get impression from Jenn that the doctors are having concerns given that Chris hasn't seemed to improve since being placed on ventilator and Jenn is having some tough decisions possibly on the horizon. I called and spoke to her and reassured her the Dis folks were thinking about them. She is thankful to all of you.

It is with a heavy heart that I have to post this but around 3am we Diser campers lost a good friend. Chris Bowman, or as we all knew him, PaHunter, passed peacefully.

Brother you will be missed.

Jenn has said if anyone needs it, their mailing address is:
5500 Spring Road
Shermansdale, PA 17090

I'll post more after a while. I know when we lost Arnold few years back I had flowers with the Dis camping group sent. I'll be happy to do the same here as well.

He joined us all here in February of 2015, and posted right up to the week before his passing. He and Jenn saw a lot of neat places, taking their nephews along with them. Soft spoken for sure, never a bad word about anyone.

It was sad news to wake up to this morning. I feel greatful to have had the chance to catch up in person this past spring.

I will likely be up there this weekend to help Jenn with the RV winterizing and a few other items Chris had asked for help with as he was trying to recover the last few weeks. That is likely too soon to do much more then help, but I will gladly pass on a massive hug from all of us.

This was the post I didn't want to see. Thank you Michael for keeping us all up to date. It's kind of like a big extended family here and it's deeply saddening when we lose one of our own.
Lori and I extend our deepest heartfelt love and prayers to Jenn.

Jenn let me know that Chris's funeral will be November 4th at 2pm at Fort Indiantown Gap Cemetery.

https://www.cem.va.gov/cems/nchp/indiantowngap.asp

I had originally offered flowers on our part but Jenn said no funeral home, will be graveside only and asked that instead of flowers donations were Chris's preference.

https://bethematch.org/

https://concussionfoundation.org/

Also, Jenn asked if anyone had pics of or with Chris, if you wanted, you could email them to her over next two days.

janees97@yahoo.com

Thank you for sharing that. I just hung up with Jenn and will see her tomorrow to help get the RV set for winter. I made sure to tell her of the outpouring of our small community.

If we have any good graphics editors that can make a photo we can somehow sign, I would be happy to print it locally and take it with me next Friday to the services.

Thank you Michael.

I'll be driving over Thursday and heading back to St. Louis Saturday. I'll be happy to share my cell number with anyone else going, if you would like to get together Thursday evening or Friday.

j

I never had the chance to meet him either, but without ever having met, he had offered the hospitality of his driveway as a stopover one time when I was posting about traveling down through his locale. Like many others here, he made this little group special. Hope that his wife Jenn finds some comfort from in the knowledge of what he meant to this group.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter