Paper Piecing Swap - Complete!

dacky -- Ariel in green (no fins) is fine with me
wdwmickey -- i would vote for classic red/white minnie

NEE -- those are awesome!

dacky -- :love: the mickey/pluto that's coming my way!

check-in -- a little early -- i have finisihed Belle, though looking at how perfectly put together everyone else's is...i'm feeling second-rate. idk, maybe i have just been staring at her too much and see the fine detail "flaws"....

beyond that -- I'm done with 2/3 paper dolls and just have finishing touchs on my pajama girl.

haven't started Genie yet...plan too this week

Hi guys!

Our first check-in is Friday. Many of you have already checked in, and/or posted pics, but if your name isn't in red on the first post, please post your progress.

I recently got the Sesame Street cart, so I will be making one of those characters for the non-Disney Cricut group, and next week, I will work on the rest of my SCAL pieces.

officially checking in...I completely finished group E last night...still need to attach the lights to the plutos for group I, and am considering cutting Ariel tonight for group D...I am just having a hard time with the dress color! I went to AC Moore on Tuesday and pretty much bought a few sheets of every blue and green that they had! hahaha

I have the park guest set done. I have all of my supplies and am planning to finish before school starts on Monday. :goodvibes

Hi - I was away for a few days this week & forgot to post before I went. I have downloaded the patterns I want to use and started collecting my papers. That's as far as I've gotten.
Thanks & have a great weekend!

I have been working on my Haunted Mansion Doombuggy so far. I'm hopeful that I'll have that group finished tonight or tomorrow. I'll post a pic when it's done.

For my other two groups: I have the patterns sized correctly and I choose my papers today. They are next. This is my only swap...so all my attn. is going to this one.

Here is my Haunted Mansion Doombuggy. I've been working on it all week--getting up at 5:30 am to work on it before the kids are up then continuing to work on it every free moment I had. It took forever with having to do 3 characters and the ride car! There are LOTS of tiny pieces. I traced all the pieces from a coloring page using the lightbox and then handcut them so they are not "perfect" like the cricut cuts. Goofy's black ears/head and Mickey's black head and body are flocked. The ghost has 2 layers of vellum on him to make him look hazy. I hope you like it!!!!

124.jpg

I'm going to start working on my Soda Shop Minnie--it will match the colors for 50's Prime Time Cafe and Sci-Fi Drive In. I'm camped out at the kitchen table working on these and keeping an eye on my sweet puppy who got neutered yesterday. He looks so cute in his onesie that I just had to show you. We put this on him so he can't lick his owie. Here's Bentley:

117.jpg

Holy cow Traci you do such beautiful work! Love the buggy!

And darlin' puppy too!

ok dokie...2 of my 3 groups really are finished now haha.

I am making Ariel more of a task that I should...I was having a hard time finding the right colors for her dress and finally chose a blue/green. I hope everyone likes it! I added a little glitter.

DSCN5939.jpg

Here's an update of Christmas Pluto. I actually used tape on the back to attach the lights- easily removable. There is also a good couple of inches of lights that could be used as a border or cut off...I thought it looked cute hanging off of him.

DSCN5935.jpg

Those are simply adorable!!!!
The Ariel looks very true to color as what we have photos of with her from July 2010...

Dacky that Ariel is spot on :thumbsup2

Traci--I love the doom buggy :)

Finished all of my Soda Shop Minnies today. :woohoo:Hooray! Only one more group to go. I flocked all of Minnie's body-ears, arms, legs. Her shoes have embroidery floss laces sewn on but you can't tell in the photo. The root beer float has crystal lacquer on the glass and glittered liquid applique "froth" to make it look more realistic. I hope everyone likes it!!

005-2.jpg

006-1.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter