Park reservations to start on June 22nd

I’ve just got off the phone with Disney and apparently 2021 dates are not going live on the park reservation system until the 26th. She said it says online they go live from the 22nd, it says beginning 22nd. But either way my point of asking her why does it not just say 2020 bookings on the 22nd and 2021 on the 26th! She could not and would not answer this.

Still would not sort out adding my booking to my MDE.

How long was your wait on the line? Mine is over an hour and still going. People will clog up online tomorrow not knowing they can't do it to the 26th and will get frustrated. It will of been a balls up on the site not putting that on and they won't admit a mistake was made.

How long was your wait on the line? Mine is over an hour and still going. People will clog up online tomorrow not knowing they can't do it to the 26th and will get frustrated. It will of been a balls up on the site not putting that on and they won't admit a mistake was made.
Did you not get offered a callback? They do callback. Actually today it was quite quick, but I did click new booking. Less than an hour then in a queue for no more than 5 minutes. Yesterday the callback was something like 5 hours

Did you not get offered a callback? They do callback. Actually today it was quite quick, but I did click new booking. Less than an hour then in a queue for no more than 5 minutes. Yesterday the callback was something like 5 hours

Nope. My booking is with Ever After but i want to ask if you have only paid a deposit, do the tix only show in MDE when you have paid in full/will i only have access to park reservations if i have paid in full for the tickets.

We have a DVC stay February 1st to 10th 2021 that has already been moved twice.
We had planned on getting the tickets much nearer the actual holiday and maybe getting the DVC Gold Pass.
With all this brouhaha about park access I spoke to DVC last night. They were unhelpful to the point of disinterest and readily agreed that it was quite possible to end up with both DVC accommodation and valid park tickets but not get access to the parks as the guest limits had been reached already! They said APs would not be available before the 28th June.
So, in order to get some clarity, this morning we bought 2021 14 day tickets from the UK site and added them to the MDE app.
Now the question is when and how can we pick park days?
My first visit to WDW was 1981, when it was just the Magic Kingdom. We have been dozens of times, as have our children and, lately, their children.
Never before have I felt this disenchanted with Disney.

ford family

We have a DVC stay February 1st to 10th 2021 that has already been moved twice.
We had planned on getting the tickets much nearer the actual holiday and maybe getting the DVC Gold Pass.
With all this brouhaha about park access I spoke to DVC last night. They were unhelpful to the point of disinterest and readily agreed that it was quite possible to end up with both DVC accommodation and valid park tickets but not get access to the parks as the guest limits had been reached already! They said APs would not be available before the 28th June.
So, in order to get some clarity, this morning we bought 2021 14 day tickets from the UK site and added them to the MDE app.
Now the question is when and how can we pick park days?
My first visit to WDW was 1981, when it was just the Magic Kingdom. We have been dozens of times, as have our children and, lately, their children.
Never before have I felt this disenchanted with Disney.

ford family

we're also DVC. We're going in july/august 2021, so can only make the reservations in another 6 weeks or so.
One new problem, we always go for 21 days and buy the UK 21 day ultimate ticket.
As we all know by now, the 21 day ticket has been eliminated.
So now we'll need to buy APs.
However, Disney has set a 14 day limit on the number of days of park entrances you can reserve.

what are we going to do for the other 7 days?

And normally i only buy tickets closer to the trip itself (in advance of FP plus reservations).
But now i'll have to buy 9 APs as soon as i make the reservation.
what's that? Almost $9,000 paid up front to get park reservations?
And had i been able to buy the 21 day ultimates, the ticket cost for the group would 'only' be $4,500......
oh my god......doubling my ticket cost? and i won't even be able to get park access....
geez louise......

i'm feeling a tad disenchanted myself.....

Two hours before close though? I hope they don't get paid a full wage for skiving off for two hours. I'd get fired for doing that.
I think maybe they mean the hold time is currently more than 2 hours, so to avoid people holding for 2 hours then getting disconnected at closing they close the phones to new calls. That's the only thing I can think that makes sense.

Two hours before close though? I hope they don't get paid a full wage for skiving off for two hours. I'd get fired for doing that.
The staff are not skiving. If the queue is way over 2 hours (which is very likely) they will have to put in overtime to deal with the calls.

This is not the fault of the CM’s. They have never been anything other than polite. It’s the higher management making the decisions that need to look at Themselves. They should have kept Catherine Powell, she would not have stood for this mess.

The staff are not skiving. If the queue is way over 2 hours (which is very likely) they will have to put in overtime to deal with the calls.

This is not the fault of the CM’s. They have never been anything other than polite. It’s the higher management making the decisions that need to look at Themselves. They should have kept Catherine Powell, she would not have stood for this mess.

Then why not keep the lines open till 4? That's the advertised time. Stick to it.

Right. Gave it another shot and i got through to someone. If you were buying tix direct through them on their own or as part of a package, for them to show in mde you need to pay upfront. If through a TA it depends on the TA policy. I get the feeling since a couple of USA agents are saying upfront it's going to be best to pay upfront. Contacting ever after tomorrow to hopefully pay for the tix. If direct Disney bought tix have to pay upfront i don't see why this wouldn't apply to TA bought ones. If this isn't true don't shoot the messenger!

Considering the volume of calls they are having why are they closing early? Appalling and i expected better from Disney.
I think it's because if they allowed people to call up until 7pm they would be answering calls until midnight. However, if they answered questions that people emailed to them with an email that doesn't tell us to call the 0800 then perhaps wait lines wouldn't be so long.

Right. Gave it another shot and i got through to someone. If you were buying tix direct through them on their own or as part of a package, for them to show in mde you need to pay upfront. If through a TA it depends on the TA policy. I get the feeling since a couple of USA agents are saying upfront it's going to be best to pay upfront. Contacting ever after tomorrow to hopefully pay for the tix. If direct Disney bought tix have to pay upfront i don't see why this wouldn't apply to TA bought ones. If this isn't true don't shoot the messenger!

Disney said that? Because that is incorrect unless it'll only apply to new tickets that are being purchased. I've only paid £100 deposit for our trip and our tickets have been linked since we booked about a year ago.

Disney said that? Because that is incorrect unless it'll only apply to new tickets that are being purchased. I've only paid £100 deposit for our trip and our tickets have been linked since we booked about a year ago.
It is different for stays booked with Disney and those with other package holiday firms I think.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter