Park reservations to start on June 22nd

when you buy direct from Disney, if you buy tickets only, then you have to pay for them in full before you receive the etickets by email (and you then manually link them to your MDE)

if you buy direct from disney a holiday package that includes tickets, then you don't have to have paid in full to have the tickets in your MDE. They are part of your package that is linked to the MDE.
The lady I spoke to yesterday said that. Through a TA its down to their own t&c's. I don't know if TA's buy in bulk so Disney have had their money so its not down to them anymore? I did get the impression that it may be best to have paid form your tickets upfront whomever you bought with though. So your guess is as good as mine.

The availability calendar on the website shows all parks available for our dates, February 1st through to the 10th, but clicking on it does nothing. We have a DVC reservation and valid tickets on our MDE.
How do we access the actual reservation system do you think?

ford family

The availability calendar on the website shows all parks available for our dates, February 1st through to the 10th, but clicking on it does nothing. We have a DVC reservation and valid tickets on our MDE.

ford family
Via MDE but you need to access via a browser not the app, it is down at the moment...well it is for me

I literally was off for two minutes at about 12:20 and came back to the 'just a moment' graphic. It's been going since then and nothing has changed.
Whoever is in charge of this current shambles needs to be given the sack. Why are they allowing people with trip a year ahead make park reservations and cluttering up the system? It should have been a 60 or 90 day from your trip cut off, like the FP+. People can't get through to call centres and if they are lucky enough to do so then the CMs cannot give them definitive answers. Forget trying to email as they won't answer or direct you to call the 0800 which increases wait times.
They make general announcements, but, fail to clarify certain aspects like what are going to happen to already purchased park hoppers considering we are unable to park hop for the time being.
It really feels like they spent one morning in a zoom meeting making it all up on the back of a napkin, leaving a lot of very frustrated guests who are trying to remain loyal but whose patience is being tested.

The irony is that I think anyone in the UK due to go this year has a 1% chance of actually going, me included and I'm questioning my sanity about that at the moment.

I literally was off for two minutes at about 12:20 and came back to the 'just a moment' graphic. It's been going since then and nothing has changed.
Whoever is in charge of this current shambles needs to be given the sack. Why are they allowing people with trip a year ahead make park reservations and cluttering up the system? It should have been a 60 or 90 day from your trip cut off, like the FP+. People can't get through to call centres and if they are lucky enough to do so then the CMs cannot give them definitive answers. Forget trying to email as they won't answer or direct you to call the 0800 which increases wait times.
They make general announcements, but, fail to clarify certain aspects like what are going to happen to already purchased park hoppers considering we are unable to park hop for the time being.
It really feels like they spent one morning in a zoom meeting making it all up on the back of a napkin, leaving a lot of very frustrated guests who are trying to remain loyal but whose patience is being tested.

The irony is that I think anyone in the UK due to go this year has a 1% chance of actually going, me included and I'm questioning my sanity about that at the moment.

I had to use an incognito browser and try this trick about initiating a dining reservation to get logged in, but then it worked for me (before that I was stuck at the castle page, and the one time I got past the castle it told me my password was wrong):

"Start over in a new incognito browser, go to Disney's website, click dining reservation, search a time in July for 2 people, when it shows availability click make a reservation, then log in, then click cancel reservation, then go up to the MDE drop down menu in upper right corner and click Disney parks pass system. Then click Make reservation."

i'm sitting in a "waiting room" in my MDE on my PC (not my phone).
the "waiting room" says i'm waiting for my turn in the reservation system.
It says not to refresh or use the back button. Just sit on this page, which is titled "we're almost in orbit"

i'm sitting in a "waiting room" in my MDE on my PC (not my phone).
the "waiting room" says i'm waiting for my turn in the reservation system.
It says not to refresh or use the back button. Just sit on this page, which is titled "we're almost in orbit"

View attachment 503117
I made it onto the reservation page.
I think I did the first two days then the third day had a technical issue.
I was then thrown back to the login page.
Now I am back in the waiting room again!!

ford family

ford family

where's the availability calendar?
i was trying to get into the reservation system to see the calendar but i've been stuck in a waiting room for a really long time..
is there another place to see the calendar?

i got in...i was just checking to see how it works..
do children also have to have their own MDE or are they on their parents reservations..
anyway, i saw our friends and family group from 2017 (when the baby didn't exist)....
i saw that i can already book for our trip in july/august 2021....just that we don't have reservations and tickets yet..
hopefully, there will still be availability when we reserve this august for next july

I managed to log in and get everything for September 2021. It wouldn’t initially load on my MacBook so I quickly switched onto my work laptop (Chrome) and the orbiter was only a couple of minutes.

At first I could only get 14 days (I’m booked on a 21-day ticket) so thought you couldn’t get anything past 14 days, but turns out the system just kicked me out and after reloading I was able to get the rest. So if you’re booked on a 21-day ticket for 2021 they are still valid, and mine is still showing on MDE.

Bit stressful at first but we got there in the end! It’s a great system once it works.

I managed to log in and get everything for September 2021. It wouldn’t initially load on my MacBook so I quickly switched onto my work laptop (Chrome) and the orbiter was only a couple of minutes.

At first I could only get 14 days (I’m booked on a 21-day ticket) so thought you couldn’t get anything past 14 days, but turns out the system just kicked me out and after reloading I was able to get the rest of the days. So if you’re booked on a 21-day ticket for 2021 they are still valid, and mine is still showing on MDE.

Bit stressful at first but we got there in the end! It’s a great system once it works.
wow!!! that's fantastic for you!!!
i wish i'd bought the 21 day tickets for next year when they were still available!!!
that is such a savings...

DVC members are at a disadvantage since we can't book rooms until 11 months out...
so we won't know our exact dates until we can book our DVC rooms, then buy the tickets, then book park access....

Our Park Reservations are now showing up on our MDE!
Strange park hours, Epcot 11-9, HS 10-8, AK 8-6, MK 9-7.
I guess these could well change before our trip (February) if things calm down.
I'm happier to have something organised but lots of questions still.

ford family

So after getting really frustrated, with lots of crashes and almost getting there, I've finally been able to make 14 days of reservations for July next year.

However, when I tried to make a 15th reservation, the system crashed again - not sure whether that is because of the system crashing, or due to only being able to book 14 days (a 14 day ticket you used to be able to use on your check-in and check-out day).

But all this seems completely unnecessary - why didn't they just release the reservations in phases to reduce the burden on the system. Absolutely crazy decision.

Our Park Reservations are now showing up on our MDE!
Strange park hours, Epcot 11-9, HS 10-8, AK 8-6, MK 9-7.
I guess these could well change before our trip (February) if things calm down.
I'm happier to have something organised but lots of questions still.

ford family
They are staggering the park opening and closing hours to help the transport. They can use more buses at each park during peak hours then, with greater social distancing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter