parking ECV/scooter at parks and resorts

Burgermom

Mouseketeer
Hello,
We are considering renting an ECV for DH during our upcoming Disney trip due to an injury that has made walking longer distances painful.
Is it possible to park the ECV inside the disney parks? I don't know if he needs it for the line ups or in restaurants so would he be able to use it to go longer distances and then park it when not needed?
At the Poly and Beach Club would he be able to ride it to the pool and then park it near the pool (or restaurants) and then grab it again when needed?

You can definitely park the scooter, but I suggest bringing it in every queue that is accessible to scooters. There will be some you will need to leave it outside or transfer to a standard park chair. But the queues are very long sometimes, and can stop randomly. They will direct you what to do with the scooter when you get to the ride vehicle or loading area.

I would park it outside restaurants and the queues they are not allowed, and keep it the other times. Better to use it more than you need than to leave it and get stuck somewhere along the way.

Yes, you can park an ECV inside the Disney parks, but I highly recommend never leaving it somewhere unless it's to ride an attraction or eat close by. You can also park an ECV outside of resort restaurants (usually off to the side). A cast member can assist you on where that would be, or just look for all the ECVs and baby strollers.

A lot of attraction queues at Magic Kingdom aren't ECV-friendly, so you'll be parking it "nearby" to enter the ride queue. Sometimes wheelchairs are available for longer queues (Pirates) but not always.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter