PC OPTIMUM, Lets share deals, offers, info

I goofed this weekend on the 20X event. For some reason I thought there was an APP offer for Friday, March 13th AND a flyer offer for the weekend.

On Friday we spent $120 or so on various medicines and things. I can't remember the last time we spent that much but wow those are expensive products. I was almost out of iron pills, advil, tylenol and sudafed. We bought regular adult vitiams and over 50 adult vitiams. Shaving cream, deodrant.. adds up. $38 in points back.

Then on Saturday I went out for their sale to get food items we needed. Butter, cheese, tea, toothpaste, shampoo, dish detergent... That came to $68. I didn't get any bonus points! When I inquired, I found the offer on the APP and flyer was a Friday - Sunday one time use offer... not two separate events!

Sigh... My fault for not paying better attention. I would have waited and bought everything at once. I lost out on at least $15 in points, maybe more.

Worse, yesterday, somehow while placing the items in my shopping cart onto the counter, my darn back had a minor spasm! Now I can't straighten up properly and it hurts. Sitting down and lying down make it stiffer. That hasn't happened in at least a year. I actually have to use my mom's cane to place my weight on in order to get out of bed. LOL I had all these March Break de-cluttering and painting plans. At least the timing for this was good. I have time to recover before having to work again.

This totally sucks! I’m really sorry. I did my shop on Friday, spent 120$ and earned 30,000 points or so. Not a great return, but I was okay with it. Then I looked through the for this week and saw that the diapers I bought the day before are on sale for more than 10$ off. 🤦‍♀️

I just sort of decided that instead of beating myself up, though, I would just feel glad I can overpay for diapers once and that in the face of a lot of uncertainties, I’ve done what I can’t to prepare my family. We had about 10 diapers left (we just use disposable at night and cloth during the day, so we only use 1 diaper/day), so now we’ll have enough to get through a quarantine if it happens this/next week.

We were on a cruise last week. Overnighted the night before at All Star Sports. As such, DH and I are self-isolating so DD (learning to drive) drove around yesterday and did the necessary grocery shopping, leaving me in the car. With list in hand, she bought 2 dozen eggs....not the $1.88 dozen...nope, didn't read the notes....bought organic eggs at 4.49 dozen. Forgot the milk and came back out with ONE bag instead of 2 (I had the1000 PC points deal this week). We'll make another trip on Wednesday. LOL

Awe man!! Just got a 20x $40 Shoppers offer but stuck at home, not supposed to leave so can't use it! And, gas is cheap to get there too.

It's almost like they're trying to lure us out for these offers when we're supposed to be self-distancing! LOL!! :rolleyes1

Awe man!! Just got a 20x $40 Shoppers offer but stuck at home, not supposed to leave so can't use it! And, gas is cheap to get there too.

It's almost like they're trying to lure us out for these offers when we're supposed to be self-distancing! LOL!! :rolleyes1
I’m tempted. A few things I could use but staying in for a day or to seems so inviting. Don’t get to do that very often.

A little :offtopic: but, are all provinces practicing self-distancing? In Ontario our schools are all closed for 3 weeks and many who are able are working from home. We are discouraged from going anywhere we don't absolutely have to go.

Premier declared a State of Emergency today. All restaurants and bars closed except for take-out and delivery. All day care centres, theatres closed. Meetings of no more than 50 people but I know most meetings have been cancelled. All rec centres and libraries closed. It's a different March Break for sure. Today's activities may include teaching my daughter how to dust. :)

Haha, I felt the same when I saw the offer!

It stings my saving heart a bit, but I’m skipping this week. I could easily spend 40$, but there’s nothing essential we need. I’m staying home, hopefully for at least the rest of the week.

A little :offtopic: but, are all provinces practicing self-distancing? In Ontario our schools are all closed for 3 weeks and many who are able are working from home. We are discouraged from going anywhere we don't absolutely have to go.

Premier declared a State of Emergency today. All restaurants and bars closed except for take-out and delivery. All day care centres, theatres closed. Meetings of no more than 50 people but I know most meetings have been cancelled. All rec centres and libraries closed. It's a different March Break for sure. Today's activities may include teaching my daughter how to dust.

Yes, that started to happen in Alberta last week. As we were heading to visit the dd in Calgary, it seemed like all hell broke loose here. Our schools are now closed until September. My son who was in Gr 11, will advance to Gr 12. I'm not happy that they are not at least trying to do some online teaching of some sort for at least the core subjects. So between my husband and I we will work with him and helpfully get him ready for Grade 12. I am strong in English...and luckily the DH is a math whiz and LOVES all that. Actaully both the dh and ds love algebra, physics, calculus etc etc etc. So between the two of us, he will be working on things every day. I also thought...this is also a good time to start just some good old life skills stuff too.
I'm just trying to spin this as a good thing for us to take more responsibility and teach both ds some life skills that they can use. Who knows what happens...we might learn to love eachother even more...or drive eachother absolutely bonkers :lmao:

I am teaching my 12 yo how to write cursive! Hahaha!

Since this week is March break I am letting him enjoy it, but next week I have to work from home so he'll be doing some work as well... and cursive is on the list! Along with memorizing his times tables (they don't seem to teach either any more... ). I am sure he'll have some choice words for his "no fun" mom but oh well!

Yes, that started to happen in Alberta last week. As we were heading to visit the dd in Calgary, it seemed like all hell broke loose here. Our schools are now closed until September. My son who was in Gr 11, will advance to Gr 12. I'm not happy that they are not at least trying to do some online teaching of some sort for at least the core subjects. So between my husband and I we will work with him and helpfully get him ready for Grade 12. I am strong in English...and luckily the DH is a math whiz and LOVES all that. Actaully both the dh and ds love algebra, physics, calculus etc etc etc. So between the two of us, he will be working on things every day. I also thought...this is also a good time to start just some good old life skills stuff too.
I'm just trying to spin this as a good thing for us to take more responsibility and teach both ds some life skills that they can use. Who knows what happens...we might learn to love eachother even more...or drive eachother absolutely bonkers :lmao:
Curious, are all schools closed until September or only high schools and post secondary! That would put a lot of stress on parents after things slow down a little if they needed to provide/find care for their younger children for an additional couple of months if things go back to normal and parents are expected back at work.

and thanks @hdrolfe, I've added memorizing times tables to our list also.

Since this week is March break I am letting him enjoy it, but next week I have to work from home so he'll be doing some work as well... and cursive is on the list! Along with memorizing his times tables (they don't seem to teach either any more... ). I am sure he'll have some choice words for his "no fun" mom but oh well!

Where do you live?

https://www.publichealthontario.ca/...tsheet-covid-19-how-to-self-isolate.pdf?la=en
Instructions on how to self-isolate.

Avoid contact with others  Stay in a separate room away from other people in your home as much as possible and use a separate bathroom if you have one.  Make sure that shared rooms have good airflow (e.g. open windows). Keep distance  If you are in a room with other people, keep a distance of at least two metres and wear a mask that covers your nose and mouth.  If you cannot wear a mask, people should wear a mask when they are in the same room as you.

Last edited:
Curious, are all schools closed until September or only high schools and post secondary! That would put a lot of stress on parents after things slow down a little if they needed to provide/find care for their younger children for an additional couple of months if things go back to normal and parents are expected back at work.

and thanks @hdrolfe, I've added memorizing times tables to our list also.

all schools. plus all day care centre’s. day homes are excluded for now, but we’ll see.

we’re both working from home with our toddler here full time. it’s adding lots of stress, but we’re just managing expectations and doing our best.

Schools are supposed to teach times tables according to the Ontario Curriculum. The kids should know up to 7x7 by the end of Grade 3. By the end of Grade 4, they should know up to 9x9.

http://atelier.on.ca/edu/pdf/Mod30_curriculum_mult_div.pdf

He can figure them out but he certainly can't do the timed tests that I remember doing. I feel it would be beneficial for him to be able to memorize them. He already knows the how but apparently they don't drill in them as they used to. And I can see it takes him a lot longer to do his math homework because he has to think so long on how to do it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter