• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

PC OPTIMUM, Lets share deals, offers, info

Well, the available dates for pickup are getting much better. It's 5-6 days, now, which is great.

Question: I placed an order, but my card has now been cancelled due to fraud. Obviously, the final tally isn't sent until the day of pick up. So how do I give them a new payment method on an order already in progress? Do I just phone the store or can I pay at the pick up?

Since im nownshopping every other week the bill is higher than normal..but thats ok. My shop today was 230. So they always give you something with that spend. This week it eas supposed to be a sunscreen package...but they were all out. Guess what they substituted it for...Toliet Paper...ugg didnt need any. Oh well its free who would have thought a month ago they would be giving away TP
i think they over ordered TP as the same thing happened to me last week. We’d already stocked up pre-quarantine so we’re now set for months and months!! The first week I received a $25 grocery gift card. Now that is useful!!
I think I missed something, who is giving out freebies and is it a spend offer? Is it every week or just occasionally? Maybe I already have read about this but it doesn't sound familier and I hate to lose out on a good bargain, lol.

I think I missed something, who is giving out freebies and is it a spend offer? Is it every week or just occasionally? Maybe I already have read about this but it doesn't sound familier and I hate to lose out on a good bargain, lol.
Almost every week Superstore has a promo item for spending a minimum of $225. It's usually a boxed item.....cereal/snack bars or Colgate kits. Sometimes it might be a turkey or a garden basket. The value is around $20-25. I wouldn't say it's a good deal exactly. Most of the time it's nothing that I want/need and when I do end up getting one it's always stuff I'm not interested in....like the time it was a snack box of 3 large boxes of junk sugar cereal and snacks.

Just to add...this week it's a sunscreen box and it's worth over $30. Of course I would have like to have that but I probably won't be shopping again until Thursday and not likely to make the $225.

Almost every week Superstore has a promo item for spending a minimum of $225. It's usually a boxed item.....cereal/snack bars or Colgate kits. Sometimes it might be a turkey or a garden basket. The value is around $20-25. I wouldn't say it's a good deal exactly. Most of the time it's nothing that I want/need and when I do end up getting one it's always stuff I'm not interested in....like the time it was a snack box of 3 large boxes of junk sugar cereal and snacks.

I’m going to start checking what these deals are when I’m deciding where to shop, I think. They might not be a great deal, but it’s not like we’re raking in the air miles or discounts anywhere else!

I’m going to start checking what these deals are when I’m deciding where to shop, I think. They might not be a great deal, but it’s not like we’re raking in the air miles or discounts anywhere else!
Agree! I tend to forget that, while either of the SuperStores in London are a long distance for me, St. Thomas has one that I have enjoyed shopping. I just never think about St. Thomas as a go-to, even though it is closer.

It's always on the front page of the flyer. If it's not there...they are not offering it that week. Also, it's while supplies last....those that got a replacement offer lucked out. And...if you are a little short for the $225 ask the cashier if you can add in a gift card (or whatever) to make it up and most of the time they will allow it. Occasionally you get that one cashier that has to follow the rules to the letter and wont allow.

Thanks for the reply. We don’t have a Superstore so I have never seen this before. $225 is a little more than I would spend in one place anyways.

For those that are doing online PC Express orders, are you getting what you ordered? and how do you handle substitutions? My store is a Fortinos and I got an order today and sadly 2 of my main components for my meal planning were not available and when I got my email advising they were unavailable, I called the store and was told that I did not select substitutions. For example, I wanted a package of pork chops so I did not select a substitution because what I wanted to make called for pork chops - I guess I could have asked to substitute for boneless chops or a roast I could have cut up myself but I didn't and was unable now to request this. Also, I found it hard to believe that the store had no 12 packs of PC soft drinks - I wanted cola but advised I would take rootbeer or Spritz-Up and I got nothing.

I don’t normally qualify for the $225 spend offers either but shopping only once every 2 weeks plus picking up some groceries for my parents has qualified us the last 3 shops. Sadly only once out of 3 shops did they have the offer left by early Sat morning so these days they do seem to be running out early, especially at my store.

Next order pickup is next Sat AM. Hoping it’s some sort of flower or hanging basket offer for Mother’s Day!!

For those that are doing online PC Express orders, are you getting what you ordered? and how do you handle substitutions? My store is a Fortinos and I got an order today and sadly 2 of my main components for my meal planning were not available and when I got my email advising they were unavailable, I called the store and was told that I did not select substitutions. For example, I wanted a package of pork chops so I did not select a substitution because what I wanted to make called for pork chops - I guess I could have asked to substitute for boneless chops or a roast I could have cut up myself but I didn't and was unable now to request this. Also, I found it hard to believe that the store had no 12 packs of PC soft drinks - I wanted cola but advised I would take rootbeer or Spritz-Up and I got nothing.
Even if you select substitutions it’s unlikely they would give you a roast instead of chops. They will only sub similar items but usually for the same item just a larger size or different brand. How it works is that you get what they have available on the shelf at the time the picker has the order. If the shelf is bare it’s left out. It is entirely possible that even a few minutes after your order is picked the shelf is restocked. So you could have the order loaded in your car and then walk in the store and find what was deleted from your order. I find it odd that there was no pop at all...however if you selected no substitute that’s probably why you didn’t get any. The entire order was no substitutes regardless of your comments on the pop.

Please keep in mind that they are severely under staffed right now and are doing 3-4 times the amount of work with a smaller workforce than they had before.

I wish my limit here was $225 for the free gift at Superstore. Here in Edmonton, it's $250, which may not sound like a huge difference but it's a struggle to get to that amount.

Even if you select substitutions it’s unlikely they would give you a roast instead of chops. They will only sub similar items but usually for the same item just a larger size or different brand. How it works is that you get what they have available on the shelf at the time the picker has the order. If the shelf is bare it’s left out. It is entirely possible that even a few minutes after your order is picked the shelf is restocked. So you could have the order loaded in your car and then walk in the store and find what was deleted from your order. I find it odd that there was no pop at all...however if you selected no substitute that’s probably why you didn’t get any. The entire order was no substitutes regardless of your comments on the pop.

Please keep in mind that they are severely under staffed right now and are doing 3-4 times the amount of work with a smaller workforce than they had before.

Thanks for the information...the only items I selected no substitution was the meat but wondered if I should specify alternative selections such as for my pork chops stating that I would accept substitutions such as boneless chops or a roast...with respect to the PC Cola, I did check substitutions and said will accept Root beer or Spritz Up, but no diet however I was advised that there were no substitutions available.

I do realize that a lot of the stores are understaffed and I appreciate everything they are doing but with being new to the online ordering I was wondering what people's track records were about getting the items they requested.

I am thinking for my next order I am going to pick a week day and later in the day, just to see if that makes a difference.

I ended up with a few things I needed missing from my order. Yes, I had the warning email, so I got the delivery, checked it out and then walked into the store for the remaining items. One or two were really missing, and one was on a bottom shelf at the back, so easy to miss, but otherwise, I was able to get what I needed that way. I know it defeats the purpose, but I think of it as that was less time I spent in the store because someone else picked up the majority of my items. I just had to spend maybe 10 minutes filling in the rest.

Newbie question
I've finally hit over 50,000 points
so that would be $50.00 off a purchase at Loblaws or Shoppers ,,any other stores or gasoline purchase?
Is there ever a time when they have special items in store that you can redeem points for?
What are some of those items and when does this happen.?
Thanks
Hugs
Mel

I tried grocery pickups a few times and it’s just not for me either. I ran into problems with availability too. I was shopping with Save On, and I think they really are doing their very best, but some of my groceries are non-negotiable essentials, so if they aren’t in my order I have to go in/go to another store anywayi’lls.

Pickup 1: there was some kind of miscommunication between the staff. Someone lost paperwork somewhere along the line, no one knew if the payment was processed, and I spent more than 30 minutes inside while they figured things out. It would have taken the same amount of time to just get the groceries myself.

Pickup 2: there were a few items missing from my order, including milk. Milk is an essential for us. We could live with a different % or cartons instead of jugs. And it seemed very surprising to me that they were out. Anyways, I still had to run into the store where I found a fully stocked milk cooler.

All in all, I find it so much easier to just do the shopping myself, and to make decisions about substitutions while I’m going. It’s a great idea, it just doesn’t save me any time or limit contact.

Newbie question
I've finally hit over 50,000 points
so that would be $50.00 off a purchase at Loblaws or Shoppers ,,any other stores or gasoline purchase?
Is there ever a time when they have special items in store that you can redeem points for?
What are some of those items and when does this happen.?
Thanks
Hugs
Mel

yay for you!

I don’t know if you can redeem points for gas.

I’ve never seen an offer for special items specifically.

The best return for me is to wait for bonus events at shoppers. They happen once every 4-6 weeks, roughly, and I think there was one 2 weeks ago? Anyways, during the events your 50,000 points would be redeemable for 65$ off instead of the usual 50$.

Thanks for the information...the only items I selected no substitution was the meat but wondered if I should specify alternative selections such as for my pork chops stating that I would accept substitutions such as boneless chops or a roast...with respect to the PC Cola, I did check substitutions and said will accept Root beer or Spritz Up, but no diet however I was advised that there were no substitutions available.

I do realize that a lot of the stores are understaffed and I appreciate everything they are doing but with being new to the online ordering I was wondering what people's track records were about getting the items they requested.

I am thinking for my next order I am going to pick a week day and later in the day, just to see if that makes a difference.
I have used online ordering since the very first day it was launched. With DD being an employee we have had access long before the general public. Before the pandemic I would use it for the fill in items between my regular shopping. I truly hate having to trudge through the store after work only for a few items.

As far as track record for getting items right now the stores are pretty much back on track with supply...there are a few exceptions. However, You are totally at the mercy of the person doing your order. Is that person diligent about the order, are they busy chatting while they fill your order, etc. Also, right now the orders can be pulled at any time after the cut off. In some cases stores are going 24 hrs. If your order is picked in the wee hours you most likely would be missing more items as they will be picking from empty shelves. Once they have completed an order that’s it...they don’t go back to look a second time for missing items. I suppose the answer is that’s it’s hit or miss and pretty much always has been. There are a lot of factors that have nothing to do with current events.

I tried grocery pickups a few times and it’s just not for me either. I ran into problems with availability too. I was shopping with Save On, and I think they really are doing their very best, but some of my groceries are non-negotiable essentials, so if they aren’t in my order I have to go in/go to another store anywayi’lls.

Pickup 1: there was some kind of miscommunication between the staff. Someone lost paperwork somewhere along the line, no one knew if the payment was processed, and I spent more than 30 minutes inside while they figured things out. It would have taken the same amount of time to just get the groceries myself.

Pickup 2: there were a few items missing from my order, including milk. Milk is an essential for us. We could live with a different % or cartons instead of jugs. And it seemed very surprising to me that they were out. Anyways, I still had to run into the store where I found a fully stocked milk cooler.

All in all, I find it so much easier to just do the shopping myself, and to make decisions about substitutions while I’m going. It’s a great idea, it just doesn’t save me any time or limit contact.

Thanks, I was considering going during the special hour for my shopping as someone who is immunocompromised but it frightens me - besides picking up my groceries, the only place I have been in the past 7 weeks is the bank and that was only because I got a refund cheque from AMEX for our cancelled trips and it was too high an amount to use the ATM. I think the online groceries is a great option and I think we will just stick to the basics of ground beef and chicken breasts because those are 2 items I am sure they will always have.

I have used online ordering since the very first day it was launched. With DD being an employee we have had access long before the general public. Before the pandemic I would use it for the fill in items between my regular shopping. I truly hate having to trudge through the store after work only for a few items.

As far as track record for getting items right now the stores are pretty much back on track with supply...there are a few exceptions. However, You are totally at the mercy of the person doing your order. Is that person diligent about the order, are they busy chatting while they fill your order, etc. Also, right now the orders can be pulled at any time after the cut off. In some cases stores are going 24 hrs. If your order is picked in the wee hours you most likely would be missing more items as they will be picking from empty shelves. Once they have completed an order that’s it...they don’t go back to look a second time for missing items. I suppose the answer is that’s it’s hit or miss and pretty much always has been. There are a lot of factors that have nothing to do with current events.

Thanks for the information. I did not realize that they only went through the store once. I did say to my Mom I wonder if the person filling our order may have "forgot" the soft drink aisle and couldn't be bothered to go back so said there was nothing available.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter