PCC 2.0 Fish Extender Group Finder **Update 8/24**

Todd...now here's my question thrown into the mix...the boxes are a great idea, however we are flying home right after the cruise. How can I get them mailed? Can this be done from the ship?

Since I didn't know the answer, I asked Tracey. According to DCL:

This cannot be done at this time from the port or the ship (though in Barcelona it is possible from the port). There is, however a post office at the airport. There are also a number of business centers at Disney where you can ship from.

Since I didn't know the answer, I asked Tracey. According to DCL:

Hmmmm, ok. Well, now we know. Thanks for taking the time to ask Tracy. If I do have anything that will need to mailed, I can do it at the airport.

Yes, it's closed.

Jen, when you are ready to get started, just let me know what you need me to do.....I still have yet to make my fish extender....I was going to make it for Christmas and use it for cards, but that didn't happen....now I just need to find where I put the supplies.....

First Post updated. If you are the organizer of a group that is looking for more members (Shelly, Nancy, etc...) let me know and I can add you to the list.:goodvibes

Or if your group is full, or you are a DISer that has found a group, and wish to be removed from the list, please let me know.

mdlvprof has joined my group.

Hey everyone. I have finally resurfaced. This has been a crazy year, so far, between new, budget-slashing administration at work and trying to keep up with my family and the blog. How do supermom's do all this? And what are they drinking?:confused3

The DL group is full. Although our roster may be changing slightly - it's still full.

For my groups members, I'm sending out a couple emails soon. I've had major computer problems and for some reason all of my contacts didn't sync right when the software got reloaded. :scared1: It seems that everything is better now... I hope!

I miss all you guys!

I am in the process of confirming all those who had asked last summer to be a member of my group. They would have got an email from me this week.

Never cruised DCL or done FE..so excuse my ignorance. The point of joining a group is so that you will deliver to say for example 20 staterooms instead of 100? Or does a group just deliver to each other? Just wondering. I posted on the other FE thread, but wasn't sure what the protocol was or the benefit of a group vs. what it means to post your info on the other thread. Can someone explain this to me:confused3 Thanks!

ok-should have started reading first! read page 3, great explanation todd! I would like to join a group, i will pm someone on your list thanks!

Never cruised DCL or done FE..so excuse my ignorance. The point of joining a group is so that you will deliver to say for example 20 staterooms instead of 100? Or does a group just deliver to each other? Just wondering. I posted on the other FE thread, but wasn't sure what the protocol was or the benefit of a group vs. what it means to post your info on the other thread. Can someone explain this to me:confused3 Thanks!

Never been on a cruise either but from what I have read, joining a group helps with the amount of rooms you deliever to like you mentioned. It also helps with the cost of your FE gifts. Since there are a whole lot a Diser's going that would mean a whole lot of gifts. Also in the creative part of it the more the merrier! This is just what I gathered from other posts. :)

For our purposes, one of the benefits of it is sharing the cost of the 'fish food' and the delivery of it.

Earlier in the thread I listed what I feel are some of the benefits of being in a group. Here is a recap:

To me, cost is a BIG factor. Estimate the cost of your idea and multiply it be 100. (That's roughly the number of Fish Extenders we had on PCC 1.0). I would hazard a guess that PCC 2.0 will have more people signed up for the FE than 1.0, simply because more people are signed up to sail.

Transportation of your gift. Getting it to the ship may be an issue for you. Some groups have members that are driving to the port and would take it instead of shipping them. Both a savings in cost and worry about it not making it to the port on time. If it is something you are bringing with you, remember you need to have the space in you luggage for it.

Delivery of gifts. The ship is big. Not overwhelmingly, impossibly huge. But big. One night, I walked every deck, both port and starboard to make myself tired so I could sleep. And to check out the door decorations and fish extenders. To deliver 100 gifts all over the ship would have meant all that walking plus running back and forth to my cabin to reload with more gifts. With a group, you can split up the number of deliveries. One hundred cabins split between ten group members means only having to carry stuff to ten cabins. (You can check out people's doors and fish extenders more leisurely.)

I like the excitement of planning. I am not a super creative person, and am always open to input and other people's ideas. I like being a team player, especially when we have a great goal, like spreading joy to our friends.

The other thread is to ask questions and more importantly, to get your self registered on the list. If you are on the list, you are counted as part of the Fish Extender Exchange for our sailing.

My family would like to join a group! I'll check back at the first post and PM some folks.

--Hillary

I would love to join a group. I have the added advantage of living in Central FL and being familiar with Cocoa Beach. Yes, I know where the post office is and can stop there on the way home if anyone wants to send boxes to be mailed home. :thumbsup2

I know a few people were looking to join/coordinate a group for the Fish Extender exchange during Podcast Cruise 2.0 in December.

I thought I would help folks find a group that were looking for one.

A group is defined as you see fit. It is possible to share a commonality or be totally hodgepodge.

So if you're looking for a group to set up a group post here, and we'll try to get folks set up.

**Updated 3-19-10**

Groups Seeking New Members: (since some of the groups don't have a specific identity, I just called them by the group leader...)

•Tracey's Group(PM tlcoke)
•New England Group(PM sshaw10060)
•International Group(PM Bexc n Gav)
•Possible Texas Group(PM aggielawyer)
•Timika's Group(PM Eeyores#1Fan)

DISers seeking Groups:
•winotracy
•DebbieT11
•kathrna
•txyankee
•praisehisname
•itsmuggsie
•Eeyores#1Fan
•HillPete
•mousehouselover

HillPete & DebbieT11 have joined my Group.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter