Pending?

JamesPankywitz

WDWCP 2011 FA Custodial CP
It has happened. Some very kewl people in the FB group have gotten pending. So for those of you that have gotten pending before: what are your chances after getting pending? If you got pended before did you end up getting rejected? I'm sure those that got pended now are wondering this.

It has happened. Some very kewl people in the FB group have gotten pending. So for those of you that have gotten pending before: what are your chances after getting pending? If you got pended before did you end up getting rejected? I'm sure those that got pended now are wondering this.

I applied for the Spring 2011 CP and was put on pending status for months before I got in.

My dates were:
Applied (Don't remember lol. August somethingth)
Phone Interview: 8/24
Pending Status: 9/7
Acceptance: Letter dated 12/6, but I learned over the phone on 12/10 because I didn't have my package yet.

I don't know what the actual stats are on people pended getting rejected/getting in, but I know I was one of the few who were pending from September to December who got in. A lot of my online friends who were pending were rejected, but that's not a good representative of everyone applying for the program since I'm sure there are tons of people who apply and don't join Disboards/the FB groups, etc.

If you DO get rejected, hang in there and apply again in 6 months. No biggie. If anyone needs a 'pending peptalk' you can PM me! :hug:

I was pending for Spring 2010, and I actually got accepted way before the date they said would be the latest we'd hear. So just because people are pending doesn't necessarily mean they won't get in, and it doesn't mean it will take months to hear back.

My DD was pending for Spring 2010. She was accepted about 4 weeks later for Costuming (her top role).

I was pended the second week of September and was accepted on October 4th. Some people pend for a few weeks, some rare ones for months. The wait is so hard, I know, but hang in there!

Just got pended until April 30th... its a crappy feeling but it's not a no yet... My leader was very positive about it though, I need some of her optimisim..

I bet you'll get in! Pixie Dust coming your way! pixiedust:

What roles did you apply for?

Thank you! My leader at my current location and her leader keep telling me I will and to stop worrying.

I applied for Hospitality, Concierge, and Vacation Planning. During the interview I agreed to add Custodial, Housekeeping, and Main Entrance Operations but stressed to my recruiter my top choices because I am a hospitality major and really want to start out in front desk management and work my way up to a general or regional manager for the hotels. I was worried she would be turned off by that but she agreed that those positions would be best for my plans but to keep my options open. I told her I will and I would love any position, you get out what you put in to the program and no matter where I am I want to learn from it.

I am sure you will !!! So do you work for Disney now? You seem to really have it together! I think Disney would be crazy to pass on you! I have a feeling you'll hear well before that April date!

I work for off site liquidation right now. I'm moving to the Disney area in July in or not. I really REALLY want to get in but if I don't my plan is to transfer to another location in the parks or change roles to front desk.. :) I have to do internships though to graduate so if I don't make it I will have to do an internship elsewhere over there.. :(

so you work for like "property control"? omg, I can't imagine you won't get in!!! You remind me of my DD - your picture and everything :) She did the CP in Fall of 2008 & Spring of 2009 - she did Attractions (Dinosaur at Animal Kingdom) - she's applied for some PIs now...she's done her initial screening interview and now she's doing the dreaded waiting game..so we feel your pain! ps. she graduates from college in May.

I totally bet you'll get in....heck you already work for them :)

Keep me posted, I am rooted for you!!!

ha ha yeah a character warehouse though so open to the public :) I'm a keyholder/mod at my location.

P.S. YAY FOR GRADUATING!!

I have all my classes finished this July but I have 3 internships left to do :(

Well you certainly have a cool plan in place...Disney just needs to hurry up and start cooperating with you!

You will get in!!! Do keep me posted. I have a feeling both you and Jennie (my DD) will both be in Orlando this fall doing your Disney thing!!

Thank you! My leader at my current location and her leader keep telling me I will and to stop worrying.

I applied for Hospitality, Concierge, and Vacation Planning. During the interview I agreed to add Custodial, Housekeeping, and Main Entrance Operations but stressed to my recruiter my top choices because I am a hospitality major and really want to start out in front desk management and work my way up to a general or regional manager for the hotels. I was worried she would be turned off by that but she agreed that those positions would be best for my plans but to keep my options open. I told her I will and I would love any position, you get out what you put in to the program and no matter where I am I want to learn from it.

This is like exactly what I want to do to a T. Crazy!!!!!!!!
But yea. I'm pending and I was really upset until I just now read all of the comments posted above ^^^

But what do yall think about my situation (its pretty much like ashleykay's)

I interviewed on the 25, got my pending letter on the 12. My interviewer only asked me what my top 2 roles were. so idk if this is why I’m pending, because my top 2 were hospitality and concierge....but attractions was my 3rd role.
Maybe I should have said attractions instead of concierge... idk I’m really bumed.
I'm more bumed because me and my boyfriend have applied and he had the same work experience as me, and the same roles I had, but I had put down two more than him (Attractions & BBB). He got accepted on Tuesday for housekeeping. So idk...

Maybe it has something to do with the roles? Hospitality and Concierge are both roles that have less openings then the others... so maybe they are trying to find the best fit and consider us for our top choices?? idk

Maybe it has something to do with the roles? Hospitality and Concierge are both roles that have less openings then the others... so maybe they are trying to find the best fit and consider us for our top choices?? idk

thats really what I'm hoping, but I just don't want to keep telling myself I'll for sure get it and then not, ya know?

But good luck to you girl! We r in the same boat I guess. Hopefully our boat is a nice brown log shaped one that is in a certain mountain. :thumbsup2

I got a pending letter too :-/ until April 30 at the latest. Does that mean that they're considering me only for Fall (I said Fall Advantage as a second choice)?

I wouldn't think that they would let you know in April that you're accepted for Fall Advantage- not much notice since that starts in May

Fingers crossed!

Does that mean that they're considering me only for Fall (I said Fall Advantage as a second choice)

At least one person applying for the summer alumni program has also gotten a pending letter, and it said April 30th as well. Our check in date is May 16th, so I guess I wouldn't count out Fall Advantage completely because it would have similar check in dates.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter