Perennial-Columbine

Mamu

<a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/index.
Columbine-Lovely flowers that your grandmother probably grew. These are always a favorite with gardeners. There are many different shades and styles. Single, double, plain or bicolored. Their colors range from deep purple to shades of soft yellows with megenta middles, reds with cream middles, blues with white middles.

Spikes of multi-flowered stems grow from a mound of delicate leaves. They are a elegant flower with five petals and a cup shaped center, that sometimes is a different color.

Columbines should be sown in early spring. They like a moist soil rich in leaf-mould. They are best grow in semi-shade with heights of 20 inches.

My favorite of these are the multi-colored ones.

They are also a favorite of hummingbirds. Go out in the early evening when it is turning just a little dusk. You may be lucky to see one or two.

Columbine makes me think of alpine meadows. (sigh) Again, this is a plant that does not thrive in my growing conditions... so I have plant envy for those of you who can grow them easily.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter