Petals & Pixie Dust Planning Journal 11/30/2009/2010

You never know how long a cue is until you're trying to make it to your favorite ADR on time...The wait for the ride wasn't long...the wait time was only 5 minutes...and I'm sure it was less than that. The green team wasn't that bad really...I think I almost prefer green to to the orange...which I wasn't expecting...but it worked. The first thing we did when we got out of the ride was look at our watches...and it looked like we only had 5 minutes or less to get from Mission Space...to Le Cellier...Seriously...Was this how the entire trip was going to go??? EVERYONE knows that YOU ARE NOT LATE for a Le Cellier ADR. So, we high tail it to Le Cellier...and made it with 30 second or so (definitely not a whole minute) to go!!! :cheer2:
I looked at the paper copy of their ADRs and next to our name it said wedding:thumbsup2 The receipt that they put on your table was marked with a big red CELEBRATING! We were seated almost immediately. When we got to our table, our waitress took our table receipt and put it in her pocket...She didn't say a word :guilty: Nothing...Not even a congratulations. I almost was starting to think that the magic was dead...Seriously...Dead. Oh well. I just went on with our meal. DH and I got the same thing...The NY Strip..I got the cream cheese mashed potatoes and he got the scalloped potatoes...but that was yummy too. We ordered dessert...the chocolate mousse for me...the chocolate cake for him...The mousse was good...the cake was even better...Why I didn't order that I don't know...Luckily DH shares :cool1: So we got a little of each. :goodvibes

We walked out and really took sometime to notice the surroundings...Why we hadn't done this before I don't know...or maybe I just don't remember them...
IMG_5008.jpg

IMG_5010.jpg

From there we walked off and amazing lunch...and stumbled across a Canadian Santa Claus
IMG_5018.jpg

We came across Mary Poppins in the UK. We didn't wait around to get individual pictures with her. The lines for characters was a bit unreal. (This is also where I realized I need a larger flash than what I have...Shadows on her face-bad!)
IMG_5031.jpg

We always try to take pictures with street performers. They put in just as much work as the characters do...and should get equal attention...and the lines that they had weren't as long...So, I got my picture taken with these two in France.
IMG_5037.jpg

As we continued our walk around we saw them!!!
IMG_5040.jpg

I followed them to about is far as I could until they got off stage...I was sad that they were all done...So, of course I asked the closest CM that was around and asked when they would be back...and where...It was going to take about 30-45 minutes...Now, I will tell you...I don't do this...I'm not this person...but I waited...and waited...I kind of felt like a stalker. LOL but if you have read this journal from the beginning you'll know how important the movie Beauty and the Beast is to me...and I have NEVER EVER had the opportunity get both Belle & Beast together...In the mean time...We found a hidden Mickey...
IMG_5048.jpg

As time went by...I went back to the photopass photographer and asked where Belle & Beast were going to be...As he pointed he said "By that blue sign."
IMG_5053.jpg

There was already a line forming...So, we got in it...The girl ahead of us reassured us that Belle would come out first and sign autographs and take a couple of pictures...Then, Beast would make his appearance. I had my photopass card in hand and asked DH if it was ok if I had my picture taken first alone and then have him join me. He knew how much this meant to me and agreed. As planned, I went first and then he joined me...At the end I hugged Beast...We only used the photopass photo...Who...missed the hug shot...DH wasn't very happy about that...As a matter of fact his words were "What kind of photographer misses that shot!?!" Yeah...I wasn't very happy about that...but it didn't matter...I had my picture taken with Belle & Beast...I was in tears...and DH said "No tears! No crying at Disney." but I couldn't help it...I was a blubbering fool-the first of many tears of this trip...happy tears...but I couldn't help it...I was happy. It has meant a lot to me(I'm still waiting for our photopass CD...so no pics yet)

Wait! This day isn't over yet!!! Next up....the pin trading snag to make and appt to look at DVC...and an unusual out of character interaction with some characters...

Welcome back! I'm glad you had such a great time! I'm looking forward to more of your TR!

I'm sorry to hear you didn't like Pop Century. DH and I stayed there 2 Christmas's ago, and loved it! We actually thought it was cleaner and had better service than 2 of the 3 deluxes we stayed in! I guess it all depends when you are there, and who is working.

Welcome back! I'm glad you had such a great time! I'm looking forward to more of your TR!

I'm sorry to hear you didn't like Pop Century. DH and I stayed there 2 Christmas's ago, and loved it! We actually thought it was cleaner and had better service than 2 of the 3 deluxes we stayed in! I guess it all depends when you are there, and who is working.

Hi! It wasn't that we didn't like the Pop...it was clean and well, your typical "hotel"...It seemed to be the bus service was slow...and in the beginning the CMs were a little less than helpful...At times it gets better...These are only the first couple of days popcorn::
It could have been that this was the tail end of the holiday weekend too...So, either way...lesson learned. We seem to prefer the comfort of the monorail system being close at hand of those resorts on the MK loop...Just us...Believe me...I would try the Pop again during a slower season...if we could get into the groove of this resort we could go to Disney EVERY year...

Hi! It wasn't that we didn't like the Pop...it was clean and well, your typical "hotel"...It seemed to be the bus service was slow...and in the beginning the CMs were a little less than helpful...At times it gets better...These are only the first couple of days popcorn::
It could have been that this was the tail end of the holiday weekend too...So, either way...lesson learned. We seem to prefer the comfort of the monorail system being close at hand of those resorts on the MK loop...Just us...Believe me...I would try the Pop again during a slower season...if we could get into the groove of this resort we could go to Disney EVERY year...

I found the bus service soooo slow when I was there too! Everyone around us was complaining. We ended up taking the monorail whenever we could, than taking the boat from CR to WL.

I can't wait to see your pics from GF! I am def staying there next time!

I found the bus service soooo slow when I was there too! Everyone around us was complaining. We ended up taking the monorail whenever we could, than taking the boat from CR to WL.

I can't wait to see your pics from GF! I am def staying there next time!

Love GF...but it will always have sentimental meaning for me. Not sure how often we could really stay there...given the prices and all....

Hi hun,

I've been so looking forward to reading your TR - finally got mine up if you're interested. It's in the completed trips section.

I can feel your stress! Nothing more frustrating than people not sticking to a plan is there? We had a bit of that with my parents when we went back this year but we had to adjust and it was fine then.

Keep it coming, can't wait to read the rest :goodvibes

Hi hun,

I've been so looking forward to reading your TR - finally got mine up if you're interested. It's in the completed trips section.

I can feel your stress! Nothing more frustrating than people not sticking to a plan is there? We had a bit of that with my parents when we went back this year but we had to adjust and it was fine then.

Keep it coming, can't wait to read the rest :goodvibes

I can't wait to read yours!!! Off to do that now...yeah...I guess people starting to play along once they started to realize that you need to have some sort of plan...

Just spent the past hour writing up the last part of the Day 2...and the board logged me out and lost everything I wrote...:sad2: I guess I'll have to wait until Tuesday to finish Day 2:sad1:

Just spent the past hour writing up the last part of the Day 2...and the board logged me out and lost everything I wrote...:sad2: I guess I'll have to wait until Tuesday to finish Day 2:sad1:

I hate it when that happens!!! Now I type everything in a Word document first and then copy it to the forum when it's done. I hope that idea helps. :thumbsup2

That's what I do too. I've had it happen to me so many times, my main pet peeve is when the back space button decides that you mean go back to the previous page, instead of just deleting the letter you just wrote :headache:

I hate it when that happens!!! Now I type everything in a Word document first and then copy it to the forum when it's done. I hope that idea helps. :thumbsup2

Will do. Thanks!:thumbsup2

That's what I do too. I've had it happen to me so many times, my main pet peeve is when the back space button decides that you mean go back to the previous page, instead of just deleting the letter you just wrote :headache:

Augh! Super frustrating!!!

Unfortunately, with the week I have that is going to put me back a week...(lots to do this week...)

Hey Jamie! I'm home finally! Just wanted to stop by and say HI! It was so great to see you on your big day- you were such a stunning bride- really looked so much like Belle. We still don't have internet up at the new house yet but should be connected tomorrow and then will catch up and post some more then! Keep in touch!

i'm sorry i've been so behind!!! Great start so far! Can't wait for more!!! We are trying Le Cellier on our next trip and i'm super excited!

Hey Jamie! I'm home finally! Just wanted to stop by and say HI! It was so great to see you on your big day- you were such a stunning bride- really looked so much like Belle. We still don't have internet up at the new house yet but should be connected tomorrow and then will catch up and post some more then! Keep in touch!

HEY!!!Thank you for the compliment... I'm so glad we connected too! I so need to make a trip to GR...hard to believe I miss it! Can't wait to see the pics you have...since they are the only ones I have!!! Kind of bummed we didn't get one of both of us...I'm not sure how that happened :sad2: Everything became kind of surreal... Still waiting on Misty's but will def be worth the wait!

i'm sorry i've been so behind!!! Great start so far! Can't wait for more!!! We are trying Le Cellier on our next trip and i'm super excited!

Working on more today...Le Cellier is SO TOTALLY WORTH IT! We go every trip...but have only gotten a lunch ressie...never dinner...:confused3

We continued out wandering. This is pretty unusual for us. We usually just get into the park, go left and hit everything that we can. Honestly, we were exhausted. Just absolutely beat. So, the wandering aimlessly became part of the trip...
We walked back thru the France and the UK and headed to Innovations. We have a Disney Visa and you get a free 5X7 with photopass. So, we headed that way. When we got to Innovations the line was long...which seemed to be another standard for this trip...but combined with the exhaustion, I'm pretty certain that the brainless act of standing in line was about the pace that we could handle :rotfl: We asked the guy taking card numbers and such if the wait was long. He reassured us that the characters are aware of the line and that they move the line pretty quickly. The little girl in front of me wanted to see Minnie and wanted NOTHING to do with Goofy...Um...the CM winked and told that mom that Goofy was in there :headache:but she didn't have to see him if she didn't want to.:rolleyes1
We got to the front of the line and the CM at the curtain was a bit miserable. I understand busy times...but buck up!!! You're the first person that people come in contact with for this experience...She made it obvious it was work. I say...time for her to find another job.
The next CM took our photopass card. At face value she seemed a little happier. We got to see the little girl in front of us..and let me tell you...She wanted NOTHING to do with Goofy AT ALL :snooty: I will say, that Goofy did a good job of keeping his distance. :laughing: It was super cute.
Anyway, we were up next. Minnie came over took my hand, made some "small talk" Goofy did the same with DH...then we switched. Now, imagine if you will one handler...just standing there and 2 photopass photographers absolutely focused on the camera they were having an issue with and not paying ANY attention to what is going on around them...Nadda...So the cute setting up pictures that we got last time we did this photo shoot were missed. Ok what ever...we just wanted to nice 5X7...the other photos were a nice bonus but what ever...The characters get us appropriately placed...and still...neither photographer was paying attention...What happened next is hysterical...I'm convinced things like this only happen when it is just adults around...but I have a new found appreciation for Minnie & Goofy...

Goofy starts getting annoyed..and starts knocking on the background....Nope nothing...not even a "one second goofy" NOTHING! :rolleyes1 Goofy knocks again...again...nothing.:rolleyes: The handler doesn't even step in at this point...DH says to Minnie, "If there is a problem with their equipment, why don't they just use ours." Minnie puts her finger in the air like she just got an idea...:idea: The handler that wasn't paying attention all of a sudden gets irritated b/c Minnie went across the room, got our camera, and brought it to DH. DH took it out and gave the camera to Minnie, who then brought the camera to the irritated handler. FINALLY, the photopass photographers start to pay attention. About dang time! So, they take their pics and the handler takes ours...

IMG_5065.jpg

Needless to say, that no matter how much trouble Minnie could have gotten into for "acting up" she really did save the day. It was sad that we didn't get the walking in shots-which sometimes are the funniest, but she went out of her way to create a "show" and gave us one of the best character interaction memories of this trip! (Next to Bell & Beast of course :lovestruc)

Laughing...we walked thru Innovations. A lot has changed since our last trip...We watched a CM make paper and talk us through the process which was really cool. And we took part in a simulator "ride" where you can design your own bobsled, rollercoaster, or jet ride. It emphasizes the importance of math...and honestly, if I had ridden this years ago, I would have enjoyed math so much more...We designed a bobsled and then you go up, put your stuff in a locker, and they load your ride into the machine, the sit you in and you're off! It was pretty cool and would love to do it again!

As we were leaving Epcot, I was on the hunt for pins. I love pin trading..can't help it...So, I stumbled upon a DVC guy and looked at his pins...I don't even remember if we traded or not :rotfl: but he locked us into an appointment at 4 the next day to listen to the DVC spiel...and he hooked us up with a $100 in Disney Dollars...We've always discussed DVC, but never really thought it was good for us...but our time was definitely worth $100 -especially b/c there was a sketch that we had seen while we were in DHS...So, we agreed...we would meet them at 4....(let me remind you we had an ADR at 5:15 for Chef Mickey's)

We got done with that...stopped by the photopass booth and got our 5X7...laughed at our interaction with the characters...and then it was off to Port Orleans Riverside for dinner.

This is where our journey continues with the wandering bit...We ASKED for the best way to get to Port Orleans and ended up with a round about way of getting there...definitely was not the best route...but made it on time for dinner anyway.

Dinner was at Boatwrights and I have to say this is a little hidden gem. When we walked in...They congratulated us! Imagine that...a little pixie dust...On their paper schedule it said "wedding" and the server looked at our table receipt and congratulated us too! See didn't take much to make me happy. :laughing:
Dh had the jambalya & I had the pork chop...DH said the jambalya was awesome...the pork chop was...well...a pork chop...and honestly...I was still full from lunch...So, I think anything I ate would have been...ok...We definitely want to eat there again when we don't do Le Cellier for lunch (they had prime rib on the menu...I would have loved to try that...but you don't have just any ol' steak after you've had a meal the same day at Le Cellier...it just didn't seem right :rotfl:)

When we got done we headed to DTD. I still needed to get a vinylmation mickey to drop off at Franck's the next day...So, we hopped the bus and schlepped ourselves to DTD. We hit World of Disney and asked where the Vinylmation Mickey's were....They had absolutely NO white ones. none. nadda...ok into the next line to ask where on property we could find one...There was one other store in DTD but the one with the most in stock was at Epcot. As I write this I can feel the augh! in my shoulders...we were sooo tired...there was no way we were going to Epcot. The stores had plenty of black ones...I dashed a quick text to Polynesian Bride asking if she could pick up metalic colored sharpies if we had to go with the black vinylmation as a back up...b/c believe it or not along with bubble gum you CAN NOT purchase a sharpie marker anywhere on property..AT ALL...and then schlepped over to the other store (in the Westside none-the-less) who had every other color BUT white. OK. DH offered to go to Epcot...but I was too tired and wasn't going to fight with this at the moment. I would get up early, go to Epcot and then go from there. On the way to the bus stop DH had to stop at the harley davidson store...where he found a golfball to give my dad...(If you haven't read the story...my dad only asked for a box of golfballs for my hand-big inside joke with DH and dad) So, this ball was in case of inflation :laughing: I was hoping he would give it to dad at dinner the next night, but DH said "I don't want to make a scene." :mad: This was our wedding if we wanted to make a scene we should be more than allowed to. (stomping foot) ~breathe~

We get on the bus to the Pop...Poly Bride confirms that she has metallic markers and saves the day...

We get to our room...and open our door to this
IMG_5070.jpg

IMG_5071.jpg

YEAH! Pixie Dust!!! :wizard:

And then it was off to bed...No sleeping in for us DH and dad had a 8AM tee time...I had to get to Epcot, change hotels, get wedding stuff over Franck's, Get to the 4PM DVC appointment...and then dinner with the whole cast of characters that were coming to our wedding...at Chef Mickeys...hmmmm...

At this point. I was well over the fact that we were there for a wedding. Done. Don't think I even cared much. Just wanted DH and I to be together, enjoying time alone...with no attachments...Pixie dust at this point had been minimal...Wasn't feeling it...or was I just too exhausted????

Yay for Pixie Dust!! It is nice just to be acknowledged isn't it?? :laughing:

Yay for Pixie Dust!! It is nice just to be acknowledged isn't it?? :laughing:

yup. But it seemed to be few and far between...definitely wasn't helping to get me in the spirit much. However, when we were recognized, I was probably way over appreciative :rotfl: But...just remember...at this point in the trip...I was kaput...At one point I told DH "What do you have to do to get a little pixie dust in this place!?!?!" -Remember this-It plays a HUGE role in the story...:wizard:

I keep telling DH that for our honeymoon on the Alaskan DCL I want to wear my 'Just Married' pin...but he won't let me...So, I asked about the happily ever after pins and he agreed...So far I've managed to drag out the wedding and honeymoon to about 1.5 years PAST our original 'legal wedding' :rotfl2: I'm gonna have to give it up at some point...but I'm just going to sit back and enjoy!!! :rolleyes1

Yeah, I need to work out how to do that too... I know we'll have the at home reception a couple of months afterwards, but that can't be it... We need more!! :lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter