Petals & Pixie Dust Planning Journal 11/30/2009/2010

I cant believe those Disney Photopass photogs! Thats crazy! I dont even know what I would have done, you were lucky to have Minnie save the day! I really need to try Boatwrights, Ive heard its awesome..next trip we will for sure! Cant wait to read more!

This part of the trip is going to come in a number of "parts." This is for a couple of reasons.
1. It was a long day
2. The next day is wedding day...and I don't have my pro pics back...probably won't happen until after the 1st of the year.

So, at the end of the last day, DH and I were running around DTD trying to find a white vinylmation mickey and were having no luck...DH's alarm was set for some ungodly hour so that he could get up get ready and go golfing with my dad. (While I obviously don't have a Golf TR from him...He said it was great. The golf carts were very cool -slowed down on their own if you were going some place you weren't suppose to, stopped before you got onto the greens, just very cool. He also managed to hit his head-and leave a scab from hitting his head on the GPS...Overall, he had an awesome experience....he just wishes he had packed his golf game.)

I was up. There was no way I was going to sleep in. None. Neither was my mom. So we got up and I made it clear...I had to go to Epcot solo b/c I had to get this freaking mickey. It was going to be easier if I go myself and we can meet after and transfer over to GF. She was so excited about this...She wanted time to just chill out and relax. So, it worked.

We ate breakfast and then parted ways. I started having fun telling random people that I was getting married at Disney tomorrow and had to get this vinylmation mickey...Families were loving the stories and hearing how great Disney had been. Well, sheesh....I hadn't gotten a lot of "disney magic" so I was creating my own...and I was having fun doing so. (again...remember I'm saying this)
I got off the bus and went through the "no bags" line...I gotta tell you this rocked! I have to figure out how to travel at disney with NO bags *gasp* b/c this was awesome.
Then, I hit a snag in the whole plan...kind of...actually it made the plan better...I entered the park and then was held in a crowd...Then I realized...I had made the rope drop! I've never made a rope drop or opening before...So, I started to plan...Do I run to Soarin' and ride alone??? OR do I go and get my photos taken with the characters at the Photo Spot???? Or do I just get my mickey and get out...Well, now we can't do that can I??? OH NO! NO NO NO! We had to do something! Now I kid you not, the rope dropped and EVERYONE went in the direction of the character spot AND Soarin...I then spent some time talking to a CM about our wedding and how I needed to get mickey...I looked at her pins..and I didn't see it :guilty: But a little girl came up and asked her to trade a Belle & Beast pin...the one when they are in the mirror holding the rose...and the little girl traded her for it... :sad1: This was a huge low point...I spent the rest of the trip trying to find another one...I was crushed. That would have made the trip perfect...but *sigh* it's not like I could hip check this kid and take her down for the stinking pin...So, maybe someday I'll find one. :guilty:
I decided after the rope drop I was going to go to the character spot...again very cool...I can't tell you how free I felt! No one tagging along...I got into it a little bit and started walking fast with everyone else and getting in line...it was great! (I'm still waiting for our photopass...) I was going to head over to Soarin' afterwards...but the sign already said there was a 45 minute wait! Seriously????:headache:

Off to get my mickey...I asked the first CM I came across where they were. She said "to the back take a right." Seriously? Most of the time they just walk you back there. I could not figure out why people were so grumpy. I got what I needed and then went to check out. The same CM was there. I explained how difficult it was to find a white one and that we were getting married and then she warmed up some. Seriously. Sheesh! She was the sweetest thing at that point.

I left the store and it was time to find the bus back to the Pop. I kid you not, trying to find bus stop 12 is a bit crazy! Luckily some woman asked if I was trying to find stop 12 and directed me to it...and then I waited for what felt like forever! Finally all of the exhaustion hit me like a ton of bricks...all I wanted was a nap...but was too excited to sleep. I asked a bus drivers a couple of times when the pop bus was coming...and they said "should be here shortly" augh...I stood and waited and waited...it felt like forever! Again...no pixie dust here either...nothing to see here...just waiting...again...almost after what felt like a freaking lifetime...the bus came...I got on and just about fell asleep.:eek:

I cant believe those Disney Photopass photogs! Thats crazy! I dont even know what I would have done, you were lucky to have Minnie save the day! I really need to try Boatwrights, Ive heard its awesome..next trip we will for sure! Cant wait to read more!

I must have missed this this mornng...I know right??? Minnie gave us a really good memory though...I WISH I COULD HAVE HEARD THE DISCUSSION OFF STAGE!!! Must have been a riot...and the thing is is that Minnie was always in character and always appropriate...it was all the "humans" that were to blame...kind of funny when the day is saved by a 5 foot mouse!

I looked at her pins..and I didn't see it :guilty: But a little girl came up and asked her to trade a Belle & Beast pin...the one when they are in the mirror holding the rose...and the little girl traded her for it... :sad1: This was a huge low point...I spent the rest of the trip trying to find another one...I was crushed. That would have made the trip perfect...but *sigh* it's not like I could hip check this kid and take her down for the stinking pin...So, maybe someday I'll find one. :guilty:

After reading your post, I was browsing on ebay, and came across this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Beauty-and-Beas...788?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item20b5d8a9b4

Is this the one you are talking about??

I know you can't trade for it, but I guess if you wanted to buy it you could! :) It could be an after wedding gift...:rotfl:

Loved your new installment! Keep it coming!!! :goodvibes

After reading your post, I was browsing on ebay, and came across this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Beauty-and-Beas...788?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item20b5d8a9b4

Is this the one you are talking about??

I know you can't trade for it, but I guess if you wanted to buy it you could! :) It could be an after wedding gift...:rotfl:

Loved your new installment! Keep it coming!!! :goodvibes

I think so! for some reason I think the frame was yellow...but how many Belle & Beast pins can possibly be out there!!! Thanks!

I really want to hear about the GF. I'm trying to book the ladies in for afternoon tea there, and some pampering, but no luck at the moment :sad2: They don't seem to want to answer their phone...

I enjoyed reading your "wanderings" through Epcot. I think sometimes we all rush so fast at Disney we don't get time to just enjoy the atmosphere. Le Cellier sounded really delicious! We have a lunch reservation there for our anniversary trip in March, but I haven't decided if we're going or not. We are eating at Yachtsman a few nights before (also a favorite) so we might try something new. Of course, I'm not canceling the reservation until we officially decide. Also great review on Boatwrights. We stay at POR a lot and I have never eaten there for dinner. It was fun reading about your experience alone in Epcot the next day. Last trip I had one day alone at the end because DH had to go home early for work and it was actually a lot of fun. I waited to see the fairies at MK because no one had wanted to wait in those long lines with me before :rotfl: Its so good that you were able to get so many great character experiences especially Beauty & the Beast!

I really want to hear about the GF. I'm trying to book the ladies in for afternoon tea there, and some pampering, but no luck at the moment :sad2: They don't seem to want to answer their phone...

Yeah...funny story about that...more later....

I enjoyed reading your "wanderings" through Epcot. I think sometimes we all rush so fast at Disney we don't get time to just enjoy the atmosphere. Le Cellier sounded really delicious! We have a lunch reservation there for our anniversary trip in March, but I haven't decided if we're going or not. We are eating at Yachtsman a few nights before (also a favorite) so we might try something new. Of course, I'm not canceling the reservation until we officially decide. Also great review on Boatwrights. We stay at POR a lot and I have never eaten there for dinner. It was fun reading about your experience alone in Epcot the next day. Last trip I had one day alone at the end because DH had to go home early for work and it was actually a lot of fun. I waited to see the fairies at MK because no one had wanted to wait in those long lines with me before :rotfl: Its so good that you were able to get so many great character experiences especially Beauty & the Beast!

I can't necessarily say that we were slowly wandering...We were probably walking double time...:rotfl:
Le Cellier is absolutely worth every stinking penny...The food is to die for! Definitely worth it! We've never tried Yachtsman... Will do Boatwrights again...
Being alone in Epcot and going in the No Bag line rocked!!! Would love to do that again! :rolleyes1

With the holidays quickly approaching...which also means some time off...I'll post soon! :thumbsup2

When we last left off I was nearly asleep on the bus going back to the Pop. It was still pretty early in the AM. I got off the bus, walked to find my mother-which wasn't hard she was at the pool, and then went back to the room...Gathered our stuff...and when I say stuff I mean 3 suitcases and what ever mom brought. The only thing I forgot was clear nail polish for my mom-which I didn't even realize until it was wedding day. Like 2 pack mules, we waddled our way to the front in search of a cab.

The cab was my mothers idea...and let me tell you...worth every penny. Initially I thought how bad could it be...we take the bus to MK...then hop the monorail...HAHAHAHA WHAT WAS I THINKING! :rotfl2: This was mom's best idea the whole wedding. I think the cab ride with tip was ~$20...This is where the whole wedding thing started to kick in...Holy Moly! I'm getting married at Disney. :scared1: Before I think I was just in denial...Yeah we were getting married at Disney...but that was 2 years...a year and a 1/2...6 months away...Now it was go time.
The cab driver got to the gate, told them our names and we were let in.

As we got out of the cab and began to situate all of our stuff a CM came over and told us he would take our bags to the luggage hold for us and that they would be brought over to our room when the room was ready. Ok cool. I explained that I had stuff I needed to get out of the bags to bring to Franck's and he said it wasn't a problem. Ok..Cool...

The next part of this becomes a bit surreal....

As we were walking to the main entrance we were met by a woman who said, "Hello, Mrs. Cary. I'll be checking you in." I'm thinking this is standard operating procedure...I've never been at this hotel before...maybe it is...but like I said...this gets a bit surreal... So, um ok...We follow her past the main desks to an elevator. Ok. She puts a key card in and again...ok...We get up to the 2nd or 3rd fl (I can't remember now) and we have a seat. The atmosphere is beautiful and I'm just going along with everything at this point. She explains that our room is concierge level...Um..o.....k....and in the back of my head I'm thinking "I paid for a garden view room." The smaller darker places of my mind were thinking "holy $#!^ we just got upgraded!!!":dance3:
:scared1: And my heart that so far had been let down by the LACK of pixie dust (or so I thought-remember all previous posts said nothing really spectacular had happened...) was warm with delight...In a childish way I was thinking "Tinkerbell didn't forget me!" :goodvibes:wizard: I was still pretty stunned...and close to tears...but managed to keep them in check...After the final here are your keys your room will be ready at 3 my mom and I walked out of the hotel...and I broke down...Kind of...I looked at my mom and said, "We got upgraded." and she said "What?" I explained that sometimes this happens...my mom made me go and check with concierge to make sure there wasn't a mistake. Mom didn't want me to get charged for something way over budget...or have any surprises when we got home. I tried to explain, but it just wasn't happening...So, I went to check...
Now, let me remind you...My Uncle that passed away in August use to be a cast member at GF...He was a bell captain...So, right about now starts the point where I'm pretty weepy the rest of the day...but in a good way.

We gathered our stuff up from the luggage hold and then asked a CM to bring us to Franck's. Not a problem she said...and we were off...Franck's has had some changes made...unfortunately, I didn't get pictures...as my mother reminded me the CM was outside waiting...:rolleyes1

Now, we had not made it to MK yet in the trip...and all I wanted to do was get to MK....Now the mother nagging bit starts. Did you call the vendors? Every 10 minutes. We have tea at 2...yup...but I want to go to MK. Why should we go to a park? b/c I need to go to MK. Did you call the vendors and tell them what room we are in? (Mind you...We haven't gotten a room number yet and I think they've done this once or twice before...) now all of this push to call the flipping vendors...I called and told them I was in the room number that was on the sheet that the CM that checked us in had. When my mom asked how I knew the room number she said "Well, how do you know that is the right room number?" I was loosing my mind. Seriously woman GET OFF MY BACK :furious: So, I go to the CM at the desk and ask him what room number I'll be in...He says, "This is a fabulous room. You can see the castle from the hallway" and gives me the number. All you need is a little pixie dust to help you survive dealing with your mother... I call all of the vendors back and give the right number. Fine.

Now, I couldn't call DH about the room...he was golfing and I wanted to tell him in person. So, I called Adelia...Thank goodness...I needed to tell someone that got it and 30 seconds away from my mother. Adelia answered the phone and I think I said something to the tune of "Hi. It's me. I had to call someone and tell them...and DH is on the golf course...So, we got upgraded!!!" She replies with "MK view?" "Yup!" She was such a blessing! I needed a little sanity at that point.

Mom and I went around and did some shopping. It was getting close to the 2:00 hour and I wanted to go to MK. So, as we went to one of the shops I cancelled our tea ressie. I was kind of bummed...but I needed to go to MK. Finally, we got on the monorail and were off to the Magic Kingdom!

What a wonderful surprise! The GF is my favorite hotel. Oh man, mothers! That would have driven me crazy too, sometimes they just get fixated on strange things and won't leave you alone about it.

looking forward to hearing more and I hope you took some pictures of that room.

What a wonderful surprise! The GF is my favorite hotel. Oh man, mothers! That would have driven me crazy too, sometimes they just get fixated on strange things and won't leave you alone about it.

looking forward to hearing more and I hope you took some pictures of that room.

Oh...let me tell you...I wanted to scream...Yes...tons of pics of the room...No worries. :thumbsup2

What a wonderful surprise! Your DH must have been thrilled when he found out too! Having a castle view during the holidays when the castle is all lite up must have been amazing :goodvibes

Congrats on your room!!! Can't wait to see pics! :yay:

Oh there are plenty. I'm pretty certain I took the same pics each day we were there :lmao:

That's exactly what I was thinking! Or it's a bunch of little things that they knit pick over :laughing:

Yeah right...You're telling me!

What a wonderful surprise! Your DH must have been thrilled when he found out too! Having a castle view during the holidays when the castle is all lite up must have been amazing :goodvibes

Oh we will get to that part...His response wasn't very Disney like...but it was priceless! :rotfl:
Yes, the castle was a-mazing! And right now, what it looks like during the day is the wallpaper on my iphone

Misty and Nelio sent some sneak peeks today!!! :banana:
They look awesome...but sometimes I have to wonder...WHY am I making THAT face??? Am I being too hyper critical??? Is it just that I'm not use to me all done up???

Their work is fabulous...in some I feel like I look like a dork! :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter