Petals & Pixie Dust Planning Journal 11/30/2009/2010

Misty and Nelio sent some sneak peeks today!!! :banana:
They look awesome...but sometimes I have to wonder...WHY am I making THAT face??? Am I being too hyper critical??? Is it just that I'm not use to me all done up???

Their work is fabulous...in some I feel like I look like a dork! :rotfl:

Yes you are being over critical of yourself! You look gorgeous in them... now post them so everyone else can see!;)

Can't wait to see your pics!!!! :goodvibes

What a wonderful pixie dust moment for a room upgrade!! Can't wait to hear more!! Glad everything started to look up!! :wizard:

Merry Christmas Eve!!

Ok...I'm holding off on the sneak peeks b/c we are coming up to the part in the TR where I'm going to need them and I have to post more photos!!!

After finally convincing my mother that we HAD to go to MK and that I needed some magic...just the feeling not the dust...I was pretty certain I was on pixie dust overload...I was very teary!!! In a good way...Happy tears...We got a room upgrade, people at GF were awesome...Everything was kind of surreal...and it was FINALLY starting to feel like I was really getting married...I left like a real bride :bride:

We hopped onto the monorail and we were off...There is something about walking into MK that the other parks just can't compete with. We walked thru the gates, got the obligatory photopass photos...and we were off down Main Street USA

We ran into the Daper Dans (should have reserved them for the wedding...seriously...)
IMG_5072.jpg

Garland!
IMG_5073.jpg

:cloud9:
IMG_5075.jpg

We had just made it in time for the end of one of the shows. When they set off the fireworks at the end...again...I got teary...I tried to explain to my mom what being at Disney meant to me. She got it...It wasn't just that it was Disney...Yes, that name holds a significant amount of importance...but it was the little things...the detail..that this was an important place to DH and me. The my grandparents sent me a post card with Figment on it when I was a kid...She got it...she understood...but WOW! I didn't expect to be so emotional...So, for good measure...I got one of these!
IMG_5086.jpg

My mom talked about my grandma and grandpa and how they would have been so proud of me (yes..insert tears here) *sigh* They have been gone for a long time and I miss them :angel:

After my yummy pineapple float...it was a quick walk back to the monorail to see if our room was ready...

We must have gotten back to concierge at like 2:55...And our room was not ready (or at least it did not show up as ready in the computer...and no I didn't get a text message either)...but I had a DVC appointment at 4! :scared1: Finally after some calling around...our room was ready EXACTLY at 3...Quick...run in...shower (more like get under the water shampoo doubles as soap and get out!!! :rotfl:) Get dressed and get out!!!
But of course not without photos...

Bed
IMG_5115.jpg

Hidden Mickey
IMG_5118.jpg

Bathroom
IMG_5119.jpg

Toiletries
IMG_5120.jpg

Toilet & Tub
IMG_5121.jpg

And then it was off to meet DH and get to our DVC appointment

NOOOOOOOO, you can't leave it there! That's just cruel, I tell you, cruel!

Hope you've enjoyed the holidays :goodvibes

Ok so I was going to post another installment today..and then we got looking at houses...and then came home...I'm coming down with somthing :sick: Not sure what but I feel like I got hit by a mack truch :sad2: I don't go in to work until mid day tomorrow...So, just b/c I really can't hold back anymore I'm going to post our sneak peeks! I have to share...and I really want to see what Misty gives us on our CDs...So, tomorrow...sometime before 10 AM my time...Sneak peeks...promise! :thumbsup2

Oh, I hope you aren't getting something bad! Hopefully you have a chance to get a lot of rest!

I cannot wait to see your sneak peeks!

Thanks Boardwalk Bride...I ended up calling in and making a doctors appointment today.:sick: I HATE calling in sick to work..absolutely HATE it! BUT I work with kids in a doctors office and if I'm sick...they will get it too...and that is not fair either...So, reluctantly...I am home.:sad2:
(Yes I love my job that much that I hate calling in sick...)

So, without further ado...Sneak Peeks!
50050.jpg

Hate the look on my face in this one...:lmao:
50095.jpg

Adelia!
50127.jpg

The gel manicure was worth every penny!!!
50137.jpg

Back of the dress...funny story about this...this picture was actually taken so that I could see if the back of the dress was laced the right way...:rotfl2:
50142.jpg

Love This!
50189.jpg

Putting Bout on Dad...Well...looking good for the camera...Nelio put it on for me after this pic!
50252.jpg

Flowers for Mom
50272.jpg

Off the elevator with Dad
50289.jpg

Sneaking in on the first look
50339.jpg

RICHARD!
50379.jpg

Another Ridiculous Face...
50498.jpg

Tanis is to the left of the pic
51105.jpg

Exchanging Rings...Again..:lovestruc
51232.jpg

Our altar floral
51259.jpg

Obligatory flower petal toss..I look...well...special. OK really happy...but akward
51422.jpg

Obligatory curtain shot...and back of dress
52037-2.jpg

In color
52037.jpg

Love
52132.jpg

At the Fountain
52158.jpg

I will admit I am not a fan of picture point at the WP...but I really like this photo!
52230.jpg

And this is where Misty dove...literally dove into the sand...just to get this shot...
52370.jpg

Love...:love:
52424.jpg

52644.jpg

Twirling!
52761.jpg

Look....Monorail!
52848.jpg

Feet!
52895.jpg

More Love
52925.jpg

Fireworks!
53154.jpg

53192.jpg

53231.jpg

53269.jpg

Wow, so many gorgeous pics! I think the fireworks ones really turned out great....I think sometimes they are more tricky for photographers, but yours are amazing. That last shadow one is really cute :goodvibes That is funny about the back of your dress and you wanting to see how it looked...I really like it!

Beautiful pictures! I love :lovestruc the fireworks pictures and the picture looking up at you from the sand! You looked gorgeous!

Awwww!!! Your pictures are so beautiful!! LOVE THEM!! :love:

I like how you got a dole float after you got teary eyed... that made me laugh! :rotfl:

Wow, so many gorgeous pics! I think the fireworks ones really turned out great....I think sometimes they are more tricky for photographers, but yours are amazing. That last shadow one is really cute :goodvibes That is funny about the back of your dress and you wanting to see how it looked...I really like it!

Thanks! I can't even tell you how long we had to hold poses for the fireworks shots...OMG! We were both shaking by the time the shot was done...:goodvibes

Beautiful pictures! I love :lovestruc the fireworks pictures and the picture looking up at you from the sand! You looked gorgeous!

Thank you! :goodvibes

Awwww!!! Your pictures are so beautiful!! LOVE THEM!! :love:

I like how you got a dole float after you got teary eyed... that made me laugh! :rotfl:

Thanks! I can't wait to get the CDs...we are able to see them online...but I can't wait to post the rest...

Yes, a dole float was very necessary! And it was the first snack credit I had used in the 3 days we were there! :scared1: But ice cream makes it all better right?!?! :laughing:

*sigh* your photos are gorgeous!! You look absolutely stunning! I'm so glad I've got Misty booked, because if my photos are anything like yours I'll be so happy!

*sigh* your photos are gorgeous!! You look absolutely stunning! I'm so glad I've got Misty booked, because if my photos are anything like yours I'll be so happy!

She is amazing to work with you will love every minute of it!

I'm home sick again today :sick: So, I'll be writing more in my TR...I hate being sick but I have to tell you I'm getting some stuff done that is for sure! :surfweb:(well at least on here anyway)

So, mom and I hopped the monorail and then got off at the Contemporary. There is something about the monorail. Makes life so much easier! I saw DH and told him about our upgrade. His first reaction "Get out!" Nope...this was for real! You have to see this room...its a-mazing! Just absolutely beautiful...I was determine to spend as much time as possible in that room...It was fabulous!
From there we went to the DVC desk and were ushered over to the Bay Lake Tower DVC. The talk was good. The rooms were beautiful...we were going to have to think about it. The one thing that got kind of tedious was that we told her that we were on a time line and had to be out of there by 5. We didn't get out of there until about 15 minutes after that. In the end we did get the $100 GC that was promised to us...so we were happy with that.
Off to dinner we went...This was the first time we had seen DH's family. They had already gotten there and were hanging with my parents. We checked into Chef Mickeys and got into the photo line. Our pager went off while we were in line so I jumped the couch and told them we were there...everyone looked at me like I was a little crazy...maybe I was...but standing in line was a little should we say rough. Just awkward. Which would pretty much be the way it went the next 4 days.:rolleyes: Dinner was good. Not as fabulous as I thought it would be....I guess sometimes when you read these boards you have expectations built up in your mind....This didn't really cut it. Don't get me wrong the food was good...but nothing to write home about...However, the character interaction was awesome. *I have a ton of pics...but they need to be uploaded...which I'll do later.*

After dinner, I told DH I wanted to show him the room...I was so freaking excited about this room I couldn't help it and I wanted to share it with him....When we walked into our room, the bed was turned down, chocolates were on the pillow and we were greeted by champagne, a rose, and a picture of mickey and minnie. Ahhh...Pixie Dust...:wizard::wizard:

We explored the area some...especially the floor with all of the goodies on it (4th I think) (insert pic here) Then, I realize the band was playing. I was so excited. If you remember, the band played NY NY for my uncle before he left GF as a CM. :angel:He died in August...So, I was on a mission to get the band playing this on video. I ran to our room, got our video recorder and then ran back to the 4th floor. I went to the band leader, he turned around and asked if there was something he could do for me. I explained that my uncle was a CM and recently died and that the band had played NY NY. I told him I wanted to request this song. He told me he would play the song. I went up to the floor DH was on with the camera ready. I watched the band leader tell the others that NY NY would be the next song. They seemed a bit confused but they just did as they were told. He looked up at me and pointed his drum stick at me and then the band played NY NY. Perfectly...Yup...I cried the whole time.:sad1: Good tears, but still...DH caught the whole thing on tape so that I could bring it back to my aunt. When the band was done, the band leader looked up at me and pointed his drum stick at me again. I signed "thank you" and then we promptly went back to the room, took the tape out of the video camera, put it in its case and then taped over it so that we wouldn't accidently tape over it.

Champagne & fireworks next....

:bride::groom: First, I love the sneak peeks. Some of my favorites are towards the end through the windows and with the shadows. The GF makes for such beautiful backdrops for shots. Don't worry, I think every bride is critical of faces they are making in some shots and no one else usually sees what we see.

I totally understand the emotions surrounding Disney. Yea :yay: for the extra pixie dust for the GF room. Isn't it so nice to stay in the concierge? We were upgraded during our wedding stay too. How touching that you were able to get the band to play the song on tape, I am sure that was a nice surprise for your aunt.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter