Photo Sharing: Nikon

Status
Not open for further replies.
One for today...

3198540972_37b38cbe7e_b.jpg

Another of my hobbies ... I dont collect the insanely expensive marbles, my favorites are the corkscrews, flames and oxbloods. At least one of each of those can be seen in this picture. I found out that stacking marbles is worse than building a house of cards :lmao:

012209a.jpg

haven't had much of a chance to shoot recently so for now I'll post some older shots:

From my visit to Philadelphia in Sept '07. Citizens Bank Park (if your a baseball fan,,,, I LOVE THIS PARK!!! My favorite of 8 that I've visited thus far)

344418723_NspSg-L.jpg

haven't had much of a chance to shoot recently so for now I'll post some older shots:

From my visit to Philadelphia in Sept '07. Citizens Bank Park (if your a baseball fan,,,, I LOVE THIS PARK!!! My favorite of 8 that I've visited thus far)

344418723_NspSg-L.jpg

I agree, best ball park I have ever been to and MUCH better now that there is a World Series title attached to it. ;) We go a few times every summer (we're about 30 minutes outside of Philly) and there are very few things that beat a summer night watching the Phils, eating a Tony Luke's cheesesteak and washing it all down with a cold beer :thumbsup2

Taken in 08 in Newport, Rhode Island. When I can't visit Paris or the crepe stand in the World Showcase---there's always Newport. ;)

404798436_PH34S-M.jpg

Nothing very interesting, but I decided to try out my first tripod as well as the new 60mm f/2.8 Micro I got for Christmas. I can definitely see a difference in how sharp the photo is full-sized, but geeez...who knew macro could be so tough? One breeze you can't even feel throws the whole thing out of whack!! :crazy2:

457665483_qrYpt-XL.jpg
i came over to the dark side to peek at the photos:lmao: but phtojojo had a nice help for that, you get a black 5 gallon bucket( plastic) drill a hole on one side for a tripod screw( you can use an old tripod or get a cheapy one) and cut a notch in the lip of the bucket on the same side as you put the tripod screw. put the bucket on the tripod, the plant in the notch and no wind and nice dark background for macro shots of plants.

i came over to the dark side to peek at the photos:lmao: but phtojojo had a nice help for that, you get a black 5 gallon bucket( plastic) drill a hole on one side for a tripod screw( you can use an old tripod or get a cheapy one) and cut a notch in the lip of the bucket on the same side as you put the tripod screw. put the bucket on the tripod, the plant in the notch and no wind and nice dark background for macro shots of plants.

That's a great suggestion, any chance there are instructions online?:) I'm definitely "one of those" who unfold the instructions when I get a cheap piece of furniture or anything to look at the pictures of how to put it together. It was my first try with my micro lens, so hopefully once I get the hang of it---bucket or not---I'll be able to get some acceptable shots. :rotfl:

I'm really enjoying these pictures. Evad, wish I could shoot with my D80 like that. Sooooooo clear and sharp!
Anyway, I guess I've been in a Black and White mood lately.
Stream2BWframed.jpg

I'm really enjoying these pictures. Evad, wish I could shoot with my D80 like that. Sooooooo clear and sharp!

Thanks so much though it's just luck so far as I am still finding my way around the D80.

What lenses are you using??

I'm really looking forward to being able to post some non-snow and ice pictures some day.
Evad, shot this with my nifty fifty; the others were taken with my 18-200. They were all taken on Monday--it was 5 degrees out and I didnt' want to mess around with changing lenses and filters--it was just too darn cold! LOL
/
Waterfallsupersharp.jpg

That's a great suggestion, any chance there are instructions online?:) I'm definitely "one of those" who unfold the instructions when I get a cheap piece of furniture or anything to look at the pictures of how to put it together. It was my first try with my micro lens, so hopefully once I get the hang of it---bucket or not---I'll be able to get some acceptable shots. :rotfl:
it was on my old computer and now i can't find it of course...if i ever get my made or find it i'll post a photo or link

Great shot Quicklabs!!

Mine for today. From Christmas time as well.
I need to get a new tree, the wind storms we got this year broke my star. :rotfl:

DSC_0657.jpg

Here is one from last weekend, of the lovely YEKCIM-ettes. Trying to get up to speed on CLS studio lighting. Single SB800, firing thru white umbrella, with silver reflector on the opposite side, for a little fill:

DSC_8291copy.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter