Photopass coming to RunDisney events!

Oh my gosh I totally asked that in the wrong thread. I'm pretty sleep deprived sorrry :/

Interesting. I read the article and they are still using the bib and not the MB to link runners and their photos. I wonder where that link would happen? There has to be somewhere that you tell your MDE account that you are running and what your bib number is I assume.

Interesting. I read the article and they are still using the bib and not the MB to link runners and their photos. I wonder where that link would happen? There has to be somewhere that you tell your MDE account that you are running and what your bib number is I assume.
They have to use bib numbers as a lot run the races that don't have bands as they aren't staying onsite or not even park visiting. So, yeah I would assume you'll have to add them yourself somehow?!?! Who knows till it happens.

Interesting question about MarathonFoto photographers versus PhotoPass photographers.

Here's the secret though - MarathonFoto never had photographers at RunDisney races. They would just hand over Marathon Foto vests to PhotoPass photographers, nothing is going to change really other than the photos being on a different web site and not getting quite as ripped off for your photos as MarathonFoto did.

But if they are using bib numbers, they must have purchased the software which does the recognition. I doubt Disney has done this before. I worry when Disney IT tries something new.

Honestly if they don't stick an rfid sticker of some sort on people's bibs I'll be shocked.. They have all the technology at their fingertips that's in use every day with tens of thousands of guests. Then tell people to attach their sticker # to their mde accounts and poof-

The timing is done with RFID chips already. It wouldn't surprise me if they work with the ChronoTrack people to get their chips to do both the timing and the photos. Not sure it's possible, but with all the magic band can do I don't see why it couldn't be done.

If this works it would save me a bunch of money. I was in corral F and had a pretty uncrowded race, so I ended up with twice as many photos as the other people in my group. I think I'm probably the only one that bought the marathonphoto pics, but I couldn't pass up my botched finish line with Goofy pictures. I can't tell if they have so few because they have a bunch of unassigned photos and haven't logged in to assign them to their bib number, or if it was genuinely so crowded they rarely got in a shot (or they all ran in the center so were blocked from camera-view). But one member of our group gets Memory Maker for free (I'm not sure if it's part of her annual pass or her travel agent status) so we log in as her and download all the pics we want. If the pictures had been linked to Memory Maker, I would have saved a bundle.

I also wonder if it would mean more consistent photographers at the character stops. I didn't stop at any because I'd heard you need your own camera for some- I didn't want to carry a camera and my phone is in an armband I didn't want to dig out to get my own pictures. But I stopped in front of the castle and spaceship earth because there was no lines and photographers right there.

Stars Wars Dark Side event guide was leaked today. From event guide:

Disney PhotoPass Photographers will be on the course and at the finish line taking your photos during the race. Smile and make sure your bib is in view on the front of your shirt! Race photos will be available to view at MyDisneyPhotoPass.com (select Walt Disney World) and on the My Disney Experience app within 24 hours of the event. To link your photos, you will need to enter the 11-digit RaceID followed by your 5-digit bib number. If your bib number is less than 5 digits, please add zeros at the beginning of your bib number to complete the 16-digit code.

See below for RaceIDs; replace the x’s with your bib number to complete the code:
KIDS RACES 2016-DARK-KIDx-xxxx
5K 2016-DARK-W5Kx-xxxx
10K 2016-DARK-10Kx-xxxx
Half 2016-DARK-HLFx-xxxx

It will be interesting to see how this plays out at Darkside as I'm wondering if you will still be able to go through unidentified? Or what if you don't have or want an MDE account can you still view the photos on a site searching by bib number/name. I'm excited for the change though.

It will be interesting to see how this plays out at Darkside as I'm wondering if you will still be able to go through unidentified? Or what if you don't have or want an MDE account can you still view the photos on a site searching by bib number/name. I'm excited for the change though.
If you have a Disney resort booked or tickets don't you or someone in your party have an MDE account anyways?

If you have a Disney resort booked or tickets don't you or someone in your party have an MDE account anyways?
yeah, but some people do the races that don't stay onsite &/or don't have tickets (like if they get comped in by CM friends/family)

But if they are using bib numbers, they must have purchased the software which does the recognition. I doubt Disney has done this before. I worry when Disney IT tries something new.

What software? Someone reads the number and marks the photo with your bib number.

I suppose you could go to the view station and order it there without an account, but otherwise you've never been able view online without an account.

I suppose you could go to the view station and order it there without an account, but otherwise you've never been able view online without an account.
You could view at marathonfoto without an account.

No it wasn't sarcasm, that's really and truly how it's done and I was talking about PhotoPass, not marathonfoto.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter