Pics Of the Contemporary Vacation Club!!!!

rinkwide said:
Let's look at the diagrams again:
contdvc2.jpg

Seems like 11 front-facing units per floor, not counting the stairwells. 13 useable floors.

contdvc1.jpg

Add another 8 side-facing units (both north and south). The interior-facing units are a bit tricky. Looks like 4 units north and south with maybe 4 or 5 central units.

So 13 useable floors with something like 28 units per floor for a total around 360 units.

Additionally, parking is right out in front of the tower so it shouldn't be a problem (they can go double-decker if they need more spots).

Seems like a slam-dunk except for the exterior hallways (look close, they're there all right).

Did anyone else notice how the top two floors seem to have windows that span the two floors? If you look there are at least four of them......

Can anyone say GRAND VILLA at the VCR? :banana:

Disneyrsh said:
Heh, all it takes is one crowd of manically peppy girls spontaneously breaking into the cheer-o-lympics at 7 am outside your room to make you decide never to schedule a vacation at the same time again :rotfl:

AMEN to that! :guilty:

I for one refuse to let this wonderful thread die!

What about the beachfront? Will we have access to it? Will there be boats rented there?

What about the lobby? Will it be aluminum and titanium modern or "Celebration" warm and fuzzy?

What about the rooftop? Will we have access? What will the views be like? How many of you are as thrilled as I am about the tall building and wonderful views?

How do you think it might be decorated? What will the theme be? I would like a "What ever happened to the flying cars?" type of retro-future theme, like tomorrowland.

Where do you think the elevators will be? Could those top floors really be grand villas? Will this resort be even more expensive than the Grand Floridian?

It is all so exciting! Remember, Disney is listening!

tvwalsh said:

What about the beachfront? Will we have access to it? Will there be boats rented there?

What about the lobby? Will it be aluminum and titanium modern or "Celebration" warm and fuzzy?

What about the rooftop? Will we have access? What will the views be like? How many of you are as thrilled as I am about the tall building and wonderful views?

How do you think it might be decorated? What will the theme be? I would like a "What ever happened to the flying cars?" type of retro-future theme, like tomorrowland.

Where do you think the elevators will be? Could those top floors really be grand villas? Will this resort be even more expensive than the Grand Floridian?

It is all so exciting! Remember, Disney is listening!

I am excited too.

I hope this becomes reality! :banana:

Someone posted on the Resorts board today that the "North Garden wing would be closing Oct. 1st to make way for the DVC." But that "the only thing I wasnt told was when they would be torn down."

wowsers.

Someone did ask who told her this. No response as of right now. :)

This whole thing is pretty exciting, regardless. :teeth:

tvwalsh said:

What about the rooftop? !

When I saw the pic of the roof I kind of lost steam about a quiet pool on top-plus the rumor that the main pool may be extra nice which I would rather have, but maybe there could be 2 quiet pools-one on each side-looks like an elevator shaft comes up on each side.

33207CRVPOOL.jpg

jade1 said:
When I saw the pic of the roof I kind of lost steam about a quiet pool on top-plus the rumor that the main pool may be extra nice which I would rather have, but maybe there could be 2 quiet pools-one on each side-looks like an elevator shaft comes up on each side.

33207CRVPOOL.jpg

That would be *really* cool ... but I don't think it will happen ... can you imagine the crowds on the "pool deck" for Wishes, etc? It would have to be restricted to certain guests ... perhaps those staying in the GV's only?

remember what happening to the nice room that BWV DVC member were surpose to be able to watch the fireworks from at BWV.....

well someone in upper management saw it and grabbed it back to rent out only.... there excuse was there were too many DVC members..... not then there wasn't....

I would prefer free to all DVC members and guests staying at that resort - or no one. I can see Disney taking back anything on the roof....

So I want NOTHING there.... I got mad enough over the BWV thing.

also kind of mad over the PI fireworks. DVC fixed up a nice place for DVC members to see these fireworks - and Disney goes and cancels them.....

Just found this info on Wikipedia under Disney Vacation Club-- which one of you guys posted it? ;)

"Future of DVC
It has been rumored among DVC members that the next Disney Vacation Club accommodations will be at an accommodation block at Disney's Contemporary Resort. Although this rumor had lost steam, it was recently revitalized when a design for a DVC addition showed up on the architect’s website. The design showed a U-shaped tower replacing the northern garden wing rooms."

spiceycat said:
remember what happening to the nice room that BWV DVC member were surpose to be able to watch the fireworks from at BWV.....

well someone in upper management saw it and grabbed it back to rent out only.... there excuse was there were too many DVC members..... not then there wasn't....

I would prefer free to all DVC members and guests staying at that resort - or no one. I can see Disney taking back anything on the roof....

So I want NOTHING there.... I got mad enough over the BWV thing.

also kind of mad over the PI fireworks. DVC fixed up a nice place for DVC members to see these fireworks - and Disney goes and cancels them.....

Were these the ones you could see from the Pavillion at SSR?

Also, I didn't know that BWV had a room like that? If it's part of the Villas, isn't it to be used for points anyways? I thought anything in the Villas building was for DVC? Or did you mean that it can't be rented on points only on Cash?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter