Pics Of the Contemporary Vacation Club!!!!

spiceycat said:
remember what happening to the nice room that BWV DVC member were surpose to be able to watch the fireworks from at BWV.....

well someone in upper management saw it and grabbed it back to rent out only.... there excuse was there were too many DVC members..... not then there wasn't....

I would prefer free to all DVC members and guests staying at that resort - or no one. I can see Disney taking back anything on the roof....

So I want NOTHING there.... I got mad enough over the BWV thing.

also kind of mad over the PI fireworks. DVC fixed up a nice place for DVC members to see these fireworks - and Disney goes and cancels them.....

Oh yea! We remember that debacle. We were truly PO'd :furious: when they took that room away before the resort was even finished. And I remember them using that as a +PLUS+ for people buying into the resort at the time. I recall the first time we stayed at the resort. Our room was just above that room, and we could see a wedding going on there.

Also, regarding this "pool on the roof" thing, do they still allow that in building codes? I thought they were more trouble maintenence-wise then they were worth..........

tvwalsh said:
How do you think it might be decorated? What will the theme be? I would like a "What ever happened to the flying cars?" type of retro-future theme, like tomorrowland.

This would be vastly more appealing to me than just some team's view of what "contemporary" means. The future that never was sounds like a place I would want to stay at and dream of rather than a place to stay at and dream of what could have been.

jdg345 said:
Were these the ones you could see from the Pavillion at SSR?

Also, I didn't know that BWV had a room like that? If it's part of the Villas, isn't it to be used for points anyways? I thought anything in the Villas building was for DVC? Or did you mean that it can't be rented on points only on Cash?

yes.

you can only rent it for cash. lots & lots of cash. great location!!! but it rents for way - way too much money.... I though it was opened for DVC members that first week and closed after a Disney executive got a look. I think someone got a rate of $75,000 for the fireworks hour - and this was years ago so I know the rate has only gone up.

am I wrong was it closed before BWV was finished?

spiceycat said:
yes.

you can only rent it for cash. lots & lots of cash. great location!!! but it rents for way - way too much money.... I though it was opened for DVC members that first week and closed after a Disney executive got a look. I think someone got a rate of $75,000 for the fireworks hour - and this was years ago so I know the rate has only gone up.

am I wrong was it closed before BWV was finished?

What ??!

It's just a standard 1BR with a view that fetches $75,000? No wonder they pulled it out of inventory!

I think someone got a rate of $75,000 for the fireworks hour - and this was years ago so I know the rate has only gone up.

spiceycat--
That's not even "reasonable" by Disney standards. I feel sure you're mistaken.

From BWI the "best" illuminations view is from the conciege lounge --even renting that out for an "hour" doesn't cost $ 75K, nor does the attic. (the function room).

DVCconvert said:
spiceycat--
That's not even "reasonable" by Disney standards. I feel sure you're mistaken.

From BWI the "best" illuminations view is from the conciege lounge --even renting that out for an "hour" doesn't cost $ 75K, nor does the attic. (the function room).

Maybe more like $7500 a night? Is it a 1BR or a 2BR?

it is not a villa.

It was to be the member meeting room - so we could all see the Illiuinations fireworks. It possible has the best view at BWV.

I though that first week - that Disney claimed it backl. they now rent it. It rents the highest of all their meeting rooms.

yea I think it might be called the attic. It had a special name. just don't remember what the name was.

now the non-firework time is reasonable. but the fireworks is so off the board - that I can't believe it is used during those times.

so I don't want anything special at the Cont - because you better believe Disney would steal it back...

okay I know I shouldn't look at it that way - but I was already to see the fireworks from that room with other DVC members and to be told sorry we only rent it now - was not what I wanted to hear....

when I complainted the excuse I heard was there were too many members - well guess what it could have worked like member reservation - the first come get in - those who waited to late - sorry....

Disney saw a great opportunity to make money and took it back. my opinion.

since they did this once. I would rather not give them to opportunity to do it again....

spiceycat said:
it is not a villa.

It was to be the member meeting room - so we could all see the Illiuinations fireworks. It possible has the best view at BWV.

I though that first week - that Disney claimed it backl. they now rent it. It rents the highest of all their meeting rooms.

yea I think it might be called the attic. It had a special name. just don't remember what the name was.

now the non-firework time is reasonable. but the fireworks is so off the board - that I can't believe it is used during those times.

so I don't want anything special at the Cont - because you better believe Disney would steal it back...

okay I know I shouldn't look at it that way - but I was already to see the fireworks from that room with other DVC members and to be told sorry we only rent it now - was not what I wanted to hear....

when I complainted the excuse I heard was there were too many members - well guess what it could have worked like member reservation - the first come get in - those who waited to late - sorry....

Disney saw a great opportunity to make money and took it back. my opinion.

since they did this once. I would rather not give them to opportunity to do it again....

I am so sorry to hear that DVC members were told they use that room to watch the fireworks and then told later that the room will be for rent only.

That really must have been a Big Dissapointment to say the least to you and other DVC members who were told the same thing.

That seems really wrong.

Shame On Disney!
1NoNo.gif
1NoNo.gif

FWIW, we at least were never told anything of the sort. We asked about that specifically (thinking more about it from the standpoint of hosting parties and such) but were told consistently that the room was available only for rent.

bicker said:
FWIW, we at least were never told anything of the sort. We asked about that specifically (thinking more about it from the standpoint of hosting parties and such) but were told consistently that the room was available only for rent.

Thanks for the info bicker. That makes me feel a little better.
I truly do hope only a few were given that misinformation.
I can understand how disheartening it was for spicycat to be told it would be available free to members and then to find out later that was no longer (or maybe never was) the case.

when it was first announced it appeared in the DVC magazine. It wasn't the first issue (I don't think) but the next couple that talked about this area. how special it was and how much members would enjoy it.

my guide also mentioned it and showed it to me when I brought.(so I am pretty sure it was for members at first) (now this was in 1997? - so my memory might be the problem - but I really think I was shown this place.)

:rolleyes1

jade1 said:
When I saw the pic of the roof I kind of lost steam about a quiet pool on top-plus the rumor that the main pool may be extra nice which I would rather have, but maybe there could be 2 quiet pools-one on each side-looks like an elevator shaft comes up on each side.

33207CRVPOOL.jpg

Fantastic view! :thumbsup2

Well, we can dream can't we.

spiceycat said:
when it was first announced it appeared in the DVC magazine. It wasn't the first issue (I don't think) but the next couple that talked about this area. how special it was and how much members would enjoy it.
:rolleyes1

I just went thru the Spring '95 to Winter '98 Vacation Magic. There is no mention of a members only area of any kind. First mention of BWV in Autumn '95 issue (Intention to make DVC, pending approval). Official announcement Winter '96 (ressies available March '96). :confused3
But, FWIW, we inquired about BW at the old Commodore House in late '95. We were told BW would include a "members only lounge" (and they did not mean the Bell Vue). It would be on an upper floor and would include an exterior deck area. Plans change.

popcorn::

minnie61650 said:
Fantastic view! :thumbsup2

Well, we can dream can't we.

Ever since this was posted, I've been trying to figure out where exactly the building would have to be for that view and I'm thinking pretty much right on the Hub. ;)

October 1st is taking a really long time to get here, don't you think?

Anyways, I'm of the belief that for the 15th Anniversary there is going to be a huge expansion announcement and booking revision. Two new Villas: CRV, VAKL. These will be part of DVC II having SSR as its base resort. Once these are open, DVC I will retain 11-month booking at home resorts, 9-month booking at other DVC I resorts, and 7-month booking at DVC II resorts. Same goes for DVC II, but with the 7-month booking at the DVC I resorts. This will be combined with the announcement of the long-awaited west coast DVC with a brand new base resort on the strawberry field formerly thought to be the third DL gate to be built concurrently with a renovation of a portion of the GCR into villas all becoming DVC III with leases ending in 2062.

I'm so full of hooey that if any of the above is true, I'll do backflips.

Regards

vonpluto said:
But, FWIW, we inquired about BW at the old Commodore House in late '95. We were told BW would include a "members only lounge" (and they did not mean the Bell Vue). It would be on an upper floor and would include an exterior deck area. Plans change.

I remember this too, quite vividly now that you bring it up. This was right when we first began considering becoming members (granted, it took us four years to make the actual decision, but still).

Regards

Barnum01 said:
I remember this too, quite vividly now that you bring it up. This was right when we first began considering becoming members (granted, it took us four years to make the actual decision, but still).

Regards

When my now husband and I were planning our WDW wedding back in 2003 there was a place called the Members Attic that was available for receptions. (This was before we were DVC members) I did not check on the price at the time because we decided to do an illuminations reception, but the pictures of the room were beautiful.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter