~*~PJ Amanda and Jon 1/13/10~WP/Ohana/UK Lower ~DPS photos are in 2/9!!~

Hi, I loved your wedding! :thumbsup2I just have a few questions. I plan on having an escape wedding at the wedding pavilion. How does the whole cake cutting work after the ceremony? How much is the cost for each additional bottle of champagne and how many people will it serve? I also would like to have a dinner at Ohanas after the cake cutting. How was it for you having the dinner there? Would you recommend it to someone else? Do you know if the Disney team will set up flowers, place cards, and favors at a restaurant like Ohanas? Any advice that you have for me is welcomed. Sorry for all the questions you just seem to have done practically everything I want.

hey pinkmiss, thanks for checking out my pj and congrats on your upcoming wedding.

We had a "staged" cake cutting ceremony. So immediately after pics the limo starts taking people over to the grand. We just cut the cake for pictures but didn't serve it out to people, and had our first dances and drank the champagne. We didn't serve out the cake becasue we were going straight to dinner and with the dances the time would have been cutting it pretty close. The cake was boxed up for us and when we got to the Polynesian for dinner we handed it to the bellhop and they had it sent to our hotel. Don't ask DFTW to do this because they will say no, just go straight to the bellhop.

The fairy tale cuvee is the only champagne available and it was pretty expensive, the extra bottles I believe were around 60-70$ each. Its been so long, i dont remember the exact price. But you get 6 glasses out of each bottle. I asked ahead of time who wanted it, and just did it that way. Like when people RSVPd they would check if they wanted to be served champagne or sparking grape juice, that was a way to save money. you have an hour and a half between ceremony and cake cutting. So our ceremony was like 15 minutes, then we spent the rest of the time with pics and cake cutting.

Ohana was amazing! that place is the best deal in disney! Everyone loved it, the atmosphere was great, the ukalalee (dont know how to spell that) was amazing. It really made dinner a lot of fun, the kids had stuff to do so the parents could relax. I can't say enough about how great Ohana was. Disney floral will set up anything you order through disney at Ohana for you. We ordered the white chocolate cinderella slippers filled with mints as favors and they were on the table arranged perfectly when we were sat. Honestly I would say don't go overboard with flowers at Ohana, the table is so full and the restaurant is already decorated for the theme that you really don't need them.

The only thing I would do different if I could is that if you plan on having a dessert party after Ohana I would splurge for the mears party bus, it holds I think like 20 people and is around 600.00. totally worth it though. We did cabs and half the cabs went to the wrong location and most of the guests were an hour late for a 2 hour party. It was a mess.

If you have any more questions feel free to ask. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter