~*~PJ Amanda and Jon 1/13/10~WP/Ohana/UK Lower ~DPS photos are in 2/9!!~

I don't know how I missed your pictures but they turned out great! You can really see how happy you both are! I totally agree that the Wedding Pavilion is so much prettier in person than I've ever seen it in pictures but it's still really pretty in pictures. That does stink about the Castle.

I'm sorry they didn't get as many pictures with your and your family. My DFSIL had the same problem. Out of like 3,000 pics they didn't get one of just her and her two brothers (who were both groomsmen) but then there are tons of pics at the reception of some random second cousin...
Thanks! :goodvibes
DFSIL...that took me a second to figure out :lmao: but anyway yah my parents and family are more pissed about it than I am. And my family are the ones buying all teh professional pics from the website so Disney really missed out too on a couple hundred dollars probably because nobody in DH's family will buy any. In the end I'm glad I didn't spend the extra 800.00 for the outside photographer though. The DPS pictures are good enough.

i just wanted to say how happy i am that i got my escape wedding in before disney decided to pretty much start charging the price of a wishes wedding for it. you knew that the prices were going to just skyrocket. it is kind of sad because you should not need a ton of money to get married at disney world. but i got mine in so really i can't complain :goodvibes

also i posted a question on the dining boards about how we got the DDX dining plan and ended up canceling our last 3 days of 2 point dinners because we were sick of being treated like crap by all the waiters at these restaurants. I think it is because they thought we were young and poor so they would not get tipped by us. the post was up for probably like 2 minutes and i got one responce from a girl who agreed with me and the moderators immediately shut down the thread! i guess you cant mention bad expiriences on there. i didn't name names or anything. that kind of made me mad. you should be able to discuss the good and the bad. i was advising other young couples to skip the deluxe plan because it is not worth it to be looked down on at 80% of your meals. and it is not like we look "trashy" i wore nice dresses and DH wore a shirt and tie to all of these meals so i don't get it. okay thats my small rant i'm done. still love you disney:cutie:

ugh I know, of course when something gets popular they realize they can charge more for it! Right now Escape weddings are still $4750 for most locations ($5750 for the Wedding Pavilion), right? Did they go up even more?

That sucks your thread got shut down! :mad: So much for giving reviews! I can't believe you were looked down on by the servers. Honestly, my DF and I have experienced that type of treatment before (not at Disney) seemingly because we're young...it's just ridiculous! Thanks for the advice! :goodvibes

There is now a minimum of $7500 if you want to add on anything to the escape pkg like a dessert party or something, and I believe the minimum applies on Saturdays and Sundays no matter if you planned to add anything on or not.

Glad I booked a Monday ceremony before this came out, otherwise... goodbye Disney, Hello Vegas!

There is now a minimum of $7500 if you want to add on anything to the escape pkg like a dessert party or something, and I believe the minimum applies on Saturdays and Sundays no matter if you planned to add anything on or not.

Glad I booked a Monday ceremony before this came out, otherwise... goodbye Disney, Hello Vegas!

For real!! That seriously isgetting up there with the Wishes. Outta control. :scared1:

ugh I know, of course when something gets popular they realize they can charge more for it! Right now Escape weddings are still $4750 for most locations ($5750 for the Wedding Pavilion), right? Did they go up even more?

That sucks your thread got shut down! :mad: So much for giving reviews! I can't believe you were looked down on by the servers. Honestly, my DF and I have experienced that type of treatment before (not at Disney) seemingly because we're young...it's just ridiculous! Thanks for the advice! :goodvibes

it is only a matter of time before it gets to be wishes pricing and more. It just sucks, there should be affordable options for every budget. but i know that is not how the world works.

i know i was so mad when it got shut down! the moderator said it was because there was mention of tipping and should be posted in a different forum, which is complete BS because i only said tipping in reference to the waiters maybe thinking we are bad tippers.

I have just read your whole report from start to finish and loved every word of it:goodvibes

Can I ask about the dessert party? My DB and I are getting married at Leu Gardens next year but are going to have our after wedding dinner on site and book a Wishes fireworks cruise. We would love to have a DP the night before the big day. There will only be us and 4 guests.Will they do a party that small and can I ask how much it is per person please?

Sorry for the long winded question...I'm just very excited!!!

I have just read your whole report from start to finish and loved every word of it:goodvibes

Can I ask about the dessert party? My DB and I are getting married at Leu Gardens next year but are going to have our after wedding dinner on site and book a Wishes fireworks cruise. We would love to have a DP the night before the big day. There will only be us and 4 guests.Will they do a party that small and can I ask how much it is per person please?

Sorry for the long winded question...I'm just very excited!!!

thanks for checking out my pj! sorry it took so long to get back to you.

they will do a party that small but they charge you an extra fee for it. i dont know off hand how much it is. the menu that we had was the cheapest and it was 22.00 per person. if your guests dont have park tickets you also get charged a "viewing fee" it is just under 14 dollars per person. plus there is a 22% gratuity and tax charge.

https://www.collages.net/ConsumerSite/GuestLogin.aspx?eventcode=535780

user name: Duckworth / Huibregtse Wedding
password: 1971

Overall I am satisfied with the pics, however, I do have a couple complaints. I don't like that they used the most unflattering pic of me with 12 chins as the home page picture. I specifically requested lots of castle pics and there are only 3. I was expecting the castle to show up in the pavilion pictures. I said no pics of guests and there are a couple of those. I also am upset that there are like 40 pictures of Jon and his family, and there are not one picture of just me with my family. There are also alot more in the pavilion with his family. Those are my complaints overall though I think I can get 20 nice pictures out of them so I am not unhappy. :goodvibes plus there is no reason to get all worked up about it now.

FIRST of all, YOU are BEAUTIFUL!!! all your pics are great!! especially you in the mirror - to die!! it is a teeny bit odd there are a bunch of random smiling family members - not bad, just not what i would be wanting to spend my professional photography $$$ on, anybody could kinda take those... but still..

and by the by, that aunt is a goofball and i am so sorry you are even giving it two thoughts!!! best thing, send a really lovely thank you card and say how great it was to spend that special day with them and thanks so much for their generous gift!!! that will really irritate them. heh.

FIRST of all, YOU are BEAUTIFUL!!! all your pics are great!! especially you in the mirror - to die!! it is a teeny bit odd there are a bunch of random smiling family members - not bad, just not what i would be wanting to spend my professional photography $$$ on, anybody could kinda take those... but still..

and by the by, that aunt is a goofball and i am so sorry you are even giving it two thoughts!!! best thing, send a really lovely thank you card and say how great it was to spend that special day with them and thanks so much for their generous gift!!! that will really irritate them. heh.

THANKS!:goodvibes

i actually just didn't send them thank you cards. my DH wrote them out then i didn't bother getting addresses because they are not talking to me anyways. i have not heard from them at all since the wedding (not including the one phone call telling me that they are taking their money back) so why should i go out of my way to contact them? so thats where the situation is currently at, hehe.

I just perused the unmentionable site making fun of me. I thought it was pretty funny, nothing too horrible. Just that i'll be divorced soon and i'm a b-tch, and saying that i'm trashy for putting my friends sweat shirt on at the 30 degree dessert party yada yada yada. pretty much just ramblings. Still not getting what is upsetting so many other people on here and driving them to delete their pjs.

What is this stupid site?? Yea, I can totally tell you are a major B. (please note this is sarcasm!) I loved your wedding! Totally gorgeous.

It's like when I went to ratemyteacher and saw one of my students gave me a super low rating because I gave them homework. I just found it funny. But I guess some people are sensitive. But these people, on the other site, need to get a life!

What is this stupid site?? Yea, I can totally tell you are a major B. (please note this is sarcasm!) I loved your wedding! Totally gorgeous.

It's like when I went to ratemyteacher and saw one of my students gave me a super low rating because I gave them homework. I just found it funny. But I guess some people are sensitive. But these people, on the other site, need to get a life!

thanks PP, i cant post it for some reason.

its all about not taking yourself too seriously and having a sense of humor about stuff like this.

and how dare you assign homework!

thanks PP, i cant post it for some reason. just google "the unoriginal dis trouble makers club" and it should come up.

its all about not taking yourself too seriously and having a sense of humor about stuff like this.

and how dare you assign homework!

Found it. Well at least they are all congregating together on a different site rather than doing it here. And it's not always totally negative or Disney bride specific, but I can see how some sensitive individuals could have gotten upset.

I say just brush it off, like you are doing. Also it outright says in the title of the forum it's for when you feel like being a complete b. I'd definitely rather have them saying it on that site rather than in the PJs. And let's be honest, not everyone is going to agree with our choices, and many of the disbrides have experienced worst for their own families.

To each their own.

Found it. Well at least they are all congregating together on a different site rather than doing it here. And it's not always totally negative or Disney bride specific, but I can see how some sensitive individuals could have gotten upset.

I say just brush it off, like you are doing. Also it outright says in the title of the forum it's for when you feel like being a complete b. I'd definitely rather have them saying it on that site rather than in the PJs. And let's be honest, not everyone is going to agree with our choices, and many of the disbrides have experienced worst for their own families.

To each their own.
agreed ::yes::

Hi!
I know this is late but I have totally been creeping and I just wanted to say that your wedding was beautiful! Y'all look so happy in all of your pictures and I love it! :goodvibes

Hi!
I know this is late but I have totally been creeping and I just wanted to say that your wedding was beautiful! Y'all look so happy in all of your pictures and I love it! :goodvibes

thanks for checking my pj out!

Hi, I loved your wedding! :thumbsup2I just have a few questions. I plan on having an escape wedding at the wedding pavilion. How does the whole cake cutting work after the ceremony? How much is the cost for each additional bottle of champagne and how many people will it serve? I also would like to have a dinner at Ohanas after the cake cutting. How was it for you having the dinner there? Would you recommend it to someone else? Do you know if the Disney team will set up flowers, place cards, and favors at a restaurant like Ohanas? Any advice that you have for me is welcomed. Sorry for all the questions you just seem to have done practically everything I want.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter