~*~PJ Amanda and Jon 1/13/10~WP/Ohana/UK Lower ~DPS photos are in 2/9!!~

I just have to say right off that if this were my family, I wouldn't feel bad either.

They knew ahead of time the drinks were on themselves if they wanted them, so there was no reason they should've assumed you would get them. Any respectable wedding guest will remember this and follow. People who complain that much should be locked away in a dark cave. =]

As for the check, you had every right to cash it on the day they originally asked you to wait for. At that point, it's their responsibility to have the money in the account. It's a gift, and they know this. They also picked the day. Your mom also should have no responsibility what so ever for the fees your aunt got for being a/an [insert word of choice here] and not having the money in the account. It's completely your aunt's fault that fees happened.

You have no reason to feel bad at all. I wouldn't either after all of that. :hug:

thank you! I'm glad someone agrees with me. My mom is on my side in this too. As for the drinks why the hell would I spend 20.00 per person buying everyone Lapu Lapus??!?! they just assumed i would ONLY buy THEIR drinks???? ugh, i am so fed up with them right now. I don't even want to send them thank you cards. Or I want to just write "thanks for coming, skipping half of it, and then trying to take back your gift."

I would be pissed, I'm kind of afraid my Df's parent will do something like this, they're always promising thathey'll do so-and-so and then... nothing, like the BBQ they said they would buy us for our house, that my parents ended up buying us!

I might send a thank you card that just says thank you on the front and nothing inside, kind of like them (was that too mean, their not my family :confused3)

That is my humble opinion anyway :)

I would be pissed, I'm kind of afraid my Df's parent will do something like this, they're always promising thathey'll do so-and-so and then... nothing, like the BBQ they said they would buy us for our house, that my parents ended up buying us!

I might send a thank you card that just says thank you on the front and nothing inside, kind of like them (was that too mean, their not my family :confused3)

That is my humble opinion anyway :)

:lmao: no that was not too mean, i'm glad you feel my frustration!

That is crazy, I would not feel bad at all. I'm sorry that some of your family behaved that way.

And there is no way it would cost $300 in fees for a bounced check. I think you need to take a zero off that and then it would be about right.

Wow! I'm so sorry you had to deal with people like that on your wedding night, as well as now!!! Some people are so cheap, and think that everything is about them. I don't think you are being mean, I don't even know what I would do if someone did that to me, so I think you are keeping your cool pretty well!

That is crazy, I would not feel bad at all. I'm sorry that some of your family behaved that way.

And there is no way it would cost $300 in fees for a bounced check. I think you need to take a zero off that and then it would be about right.

THATS WHAT I SAID!!! i was like what bank charged 300.00 in bounced check fees???? my banks policy is that the first one is free, luckily i'm not a irresponsible moron so i have never bounced a check. THey are just trying to get more money from my mom.

Wow! I'm so sorry you had to deal with people like that on your wedding night, as well as now!!! Some people are so cheap, and think that everything is about them. I don't think you are being mean, I don't even know what I would do if someone did that to me, so I think you are keeping your cool pretty well!

thanks i'm just ignoring them. What makes it worse is that they all live right by disney so they didnt even have to pay for hotel or plane. But they decided to stay at the Contemporary tower room with MK view plus dining plan, and not give me a wedding gift....nice family right?

https://www.collages.net/ConsumerSite/GuestLogin.aspx?eventcode=535780

user name: Duckworth / Huibregtse Wedding
password: 1971

Overall I am satisfied with the pics, however, I do have a couple complaints. I don't like that they used the most unflattering pic of me with 12 chins as the home page picture. I specifically requested lots of castle pics and there are only 3. I was expecting the castle to show up in the pavilion pictures. I said no pics of guests and there are a couple of those. I also am upset that there are like 40 pictures of Jon and his family, and there are not one picture of just me with my family. There are also alot more in the pavilion with his family. Those are my complaints overall though I think I can get 20 nice pictures out of them so I am not unhappy. :goodvibes plus there is no reason to get all worked up about it now.

I think there are a ton of nice pictures. I think you and your hubby have the most wonderful and genuine smiles I've ever seen! Just gorgeous! You guys look so happy.

Wow. Your pictures are fantastic.

My mom made the same comment about the castle. She was sitting in the first seat in the front row... and she told me that midst our vows she was thinking "wow I can't see the castle from my seat" I was like thank mom - that's what you were thinking :lmao:

But anyway... apparently you can only see the castle directly from the middle of the aisle. I never thought of that either.

But like you said, as long as you get some good ones for the album, it's all good. :goodvibes

your pictures are gorgeous! you're such a pretty girl and I love the new haircut. Very sassy.

Ugh - sorry to hear about all the family dramarama but good for you cashing that check :lmao: I would have also

I think there are a ton of nice pictures. I think you and your hubby have the most wonderful and genuine smiles I've ever seen! Just gorgeous! You guys look so happy.

aww thank you! :hug: thats what my best friend said she was like you can tell by looking at Jon that this is "the happiest day of his friggin' life" haha:lmao:

Wow. Your pictures are fantastic.

My mom made the same comment about the castle. She was sitting in the first seat in the front row... and she told me that midst our vows she was thinking "wow I can't see the castle from my seat" I was like thank mom - that's what you were thinking :lmao:

But anyway... apparently you can only see the castle directly from the middle of the aisle. I never thought of that either.

But like you said, as long as you get some good ones for the album, it's all good. :goodvibes

that kind of blows about the castle, oh well. For some reason the beauty of the wedding pavilion just doesn't carry onto the pictures at all.

your pictures are gorgeous! you're such a pretty girl and I love the new haircut. Very sassy.

Ugh - sorry to hear about all the family dramarama but good for you cashing that check :lmao: I would have also

thank you! i do feel extra sassy lately with my short hair :goodvibes

i'm glad you agree with me, heck with them.

I see what you mean about so few castle shots. If they took more, I'd be e-mailing. The pictures look great. :thumbsup2

You used Disney photography, right? (I think I remember that). How did you like them/were they willing to work from a list? (If you didn't use them, ignore the Q's =])

I think you looked gorgeous! And, you really can't tell about the chins unless you point them out. :hug:

You are too funny! I love all the pics from your wedding day. You both look so full of joy! I really like the picture of you by the window in the WP with your reflection in the glass of the altar. :)

I see what you mean about so few castle shots. If they took more, I'd be e-mailing. The pictures look great. :thumbsup2

You used Disney photography, right? (I think I remember that). How did you like them/were they willing to work from a list? (If you didn't use them, ignore the Q's =])

I think you looked gorgeous! And, you really can't tell about the chins unless you point them out. :hug:

haha thanks :hug:

i did use Disney photo people. Our guy was fine, as you can tell by the pics. He was always asking us questions like with the ring pictures he asked if we wanted traditional or the way he does it, thats the way we picked. we filled out a sheet that listed what pics we wanted and which ones we didn't want. I really didn't have any problems with them. It was something I was really struggling with too, weather or not to hire outside photography because of the reviews of DPS on here, but in the end I'm glad that I saved myself the extra 800.00 or so dollars and just stuck with the disney people. You can also request photographers with Disney so if you like the look of our pics our photographers name was Ty. :thumbsup2

I don't know how I missed your pictures but they turned out great! You can really see how happy you both are! I totally agree that the Wedding Pavilion is so much prettier in person than I've ever seen it in pictures but it's still really pretty in pictures. That does stink about the Castle.

I'm sorry they didn't get as many pictures with your and your family. My DFSIL had the same problem. Out of like 3,000 pics they didn't get one of just her and her two brothers (who were both groomsmen) but then there are tons of pics at the reception of some random second cousin...

Amanda I'm not sure how I missed your pictures either, but you made just a beautiful bride!! Congratulations to you both...I agree, you both look so utterly happy!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter