Plans for the July 4th weekend?

We will go to the beach on Sunday night to watch the fireworks. Other than that, we are staying home.

Covid test on Saturday, yay!! Then quarantining at home until Tuesday, when I will have surgery. Woo-Hoo!!

We are going to a friend’s for a BBQ. Then leaving for vacation on the 7th so resting and packing :)

A hurricane called Elsa? I can see the memes now.

I have no big plans unless my family is having a cookout. I am taking Monday off too, because why not.

I just got back from our little 4th of July getaway because I’ll be working on the 4th.

It’s been raining and dreary all day - rain/mist/etc forecasted for most of the weekend. No plans as of now. My neighbors were going to have a BBQ tonight, but that was canceled due to weather. My uncle was going to have a pool party on Sunday. Also, canceled due to weather. So……no plans apparently.

What is everyone’s plan for the upcoming holiday weekend? DH and I are going to Maine for a week. We are actually camping at our favorite place so I am in the midst of packing.

You guys have any fun plans?
Happy to back in Las Vegas doing the fireworks show. Well, kinda; it's a little hot here...
NYE2019.png

Going to a Cheap Bastard plant sale early tomorrow morning at my favorite plant nursery (that’s what the owner calls the sale, and in order to get the super cheap bargains, you have to declare out loud in front of the nursery staff, “I’m a cheap bastard!” He has a great sense of humor). Planting my purchases from said Cheap Bastard sale. Doing more yard work early Sunday morning when it’s not devil hot. Watching tv. Staying away from people. Setting off fireworks (they’re legal here). Going to Costco to replace the tub of salsa that my children devoured.

Going to a Cheap Bastard plant sale early tomorrow morning at my favorite plant nursery (that’s what the owner calls the sale, and in order to get the super cheap bargains, you have to declare out loud in front of the nursery staff, “I’m a cheap bastard!” He has a great sense of humor). Planting my purchases from said Cheap Bastard sale. Doing more yard work early Sunday morning when it’s not devil hot. Watching tv. Staying away from people. Setting off fireworks (they’re legal here). Going to Costco to replace the tub of salsa that my children devoured.

That sounds like a good weekend to me! I love a bargain at the nursery.

DH and one of our good friends have birthdays on July 6/7, so I and my friend's husband often do a joint birthday celebration for them in/around July 4th. This year, I'm hosting a Patriotic Post-Pandemic Potluck and Birthday Bash! Everyone is supposed to bring a dish to pass that they learned to make during lockdown. There will be fireworks (weather permitting) and smores and games for the kids. I'm going to be busy all day today with cleaning and other preparations, so I suppose I should get off the disboards and start working!

Stepdaughter's July 4th shindig was pushed back to later today because she discovered she has to work on Monday.

Now DW and I can continue our All-American tradition, which was unfortunately cancelled last year, of going out for Chinese food.

And I bought five of these babies for ten bucks at Walmart. Should be a blast!!

My community’s celebration was yesterday at the nearby park. There was live music, activities, food trucks and pop-up bars, ending with fireworks. We had a good time.

Grilling brats today. May try to go to higher ground in Alexandria to see the DC fireworks tomorrow night. No way heading into DC. Apparently Alexandria will have its own celebration on July 10.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter