Plans for the July 4th weekend?

We did a party at a friend's house last night and watched their neighbor do some fireworks. It was a lot of fun.

I did learn that if you are over 40, trying to run backwards chasing a badminton "birdie" is not a good idea. I went head over heels. Thankfully grass is soft, but I am really feeling that one today. :rotfl2:

Today should be much more low key, a pool party at a friend's house followed by a small cookout at home.

No plans. DH and I are making burgers and beer today, but not going anywhere and not having anyone over.

When we picked up our kids from camp on Friday, DS14 told us that he fell on his clavicle earlier that morning while playing gaga ball. We immediately took him to the urgent care center at the local children's hospital where we learned that he had indeed broken his clavicle.

Our Saturday plans immediately changed. My DH and DS14 were supposed to work DS14's marching band's fireworks stand but they stayed home so DS14 could rest. While they were working the stand, DS10 and I were going to go to Party City to get stuff to decorate his bike for the neighborhood's July 4th bike parade. We skipped that and instead dealt with the dirty laundry from camp and worked with DH to get the house ready for today's July 4th cookout/fireworks/swim/movie party. If we can get the outdoor projector set up, we're going to show Independence Day. We're expecting around 20 people. We've cleaned the house and hung the bunting so all we need to do is get the food ready.

Not a whole lot. It has been in the 90’s and humid; so too uncomfortable to go to fireworks. Not to mention the bugs.

We just got through a renovation and hosted father’s day so I didn’t feel like inviting anyone or doing any extra work TBH.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter