Podcast Cruise Chat? A.K.A. "The Pre-Cruise Schmooze"

What time/day would you like to meet in a chatroom?

• Tuesday evening 7pm EST

• Tuesday evening 8pm EST

• Tuesday evening 9pm EST

• Tuesday evening 10 pm EST or later

• Thursday 7pm EST

• Thursday 8pm EST

• Thursday 9pm EST

• Thursday 10pm EST or later

• Another evening or time (please list)

Results are only viewable after voting.
Do you know how to set that up? I've tried to set up a chat in Yahoo, but it's never worked out right for me. If you're willing to do that, and everyone has an MSN messenger ID, we could PM you our names.

Well, we have to share user names and then we invite other people to join in the conversation. I've only done it with three people, so I'm not suer how many people can join in. Does anyone know? We could play around and see.

I picked a couple of the earlier times...but will try to work around whatever is the most popular.

My dd uses google to chat with her friends. I don't know if it's better/worse than MSN, but I'll see what I can find out.

I think the maximum number of chatters you can do in MSN is relatively low - like maybe 15? A mom's club group I belong to tried using it, but we had issues w/ everyone being able to fit in.

I think the maximum number of chatters you can do in MSN is relatively low - like maybe 15? A mom's club group I belong to tried using it, but we had issues w/ everyone being able to fit in.

I wonder how many people would actually join the chats? It would be great to have as many as possible, but I'm sure there was some incentive the other night because of the free cruise.

i'm willing to chat whichever way is chosen - here, MS messenger, google..

if you pick an early time, i'll stay up late for it, if you pick a late time, i'll try to get up for it..

whatever is chosen i'll do my best to be there...

I have a chat client that can deal with up to 100 in chat at once. For our Panama Canal cruise this August, they use a chat program that is online (like the one we used last Saturday). There are other chat programs you can access, but in many of them, you can't restrict access to just your group and you have problems like we did briefly with the person coming in and clicking on all the sounds (thanks admin for getting rid of them!!).

I'm usually an early morning person so my vote (which I didn't vote), would be for earlier, but I'll join in when I can, once we figure out the where.

I'm with Tracy - I'm an early morning person (not by choice) so I tend to fade fast at night. Once the two year old is ready for bed, so is mom! This will be our 4th Disney cruise but the first time on the Wonder. We our going on a Royal cruise THIS Oct and I am more excited about our Disney cruise in May '09! (that really ticks DH off - oh well - he'll get over it!) I just can't wait to meet everyone!!! I know on our last Disney cruise that is really what made it a blast for me - getting to meet all of our Dis friends that we'd been chatting up for the last year was such a great experience and I know meeting all of you will be just as wonderful! :goodvibes We are going to have so much fun!!! Don't rock the boat, don't rock the boat baby!
Hey - who's going to come up with our official name??? Surely with as many people as we already have we have some creative people!!!

The only thing that came to my mind was the Bawbarians...but you're right Stacy -- there's a lot a creative people here, so I'm sure we'll come up with something ab-fab!

The only thing that came to my mind was the Bawbarians...but you're right Stacy -- there's a lot a creative people here, so I'm sure we'll come up with something ab-fab!

We can't leave the rest of the podsquad out. But if we named the cruise after Bob, I'm sure it would give him something to talk about during the podcast :) I think the podsquad needs to name us. They're the ones with the super idea of having this cruise.

Is this our meet thread? Should we have one on the Cruise board as well?

I started one on the cruise board a couple of weeks ago...it's just starting to get noticed a bit. I think the thread at the very top of this page will probably get moved to the cruise board at some point, so it might be the best one to continue posting on.

I just hope it doesn't move as fast as the DCL Virtual House Party chat LOL. Until I turned the sound off my room sounded like an arcade. I know I havn't been posting much but I promise I'll try to post more often. I'm really much more talkative in person. I voted for Tuesday night at 8:00 but anytime on Tuesday is good.

We tried one on the cruise meets board and it kind of faded. Here is good. :goodvibes
I couldn't find one for us on the Cruise meets board...but I'm impatient, and there's a lot of Cruise meets. There's only ONE podcast cruise meet!

so what's up with the pre-cruise shmooze?

i'm feeling the need to gab.....

i can't believe how many people are already signed up for the cruise...

i feel sorry for all the other cruisers on the ship with us.....
they're going to be JEALOUS.......

There are going to be other people on this cruise?? :) We need to start chatting. I know nobody, and I didn't get to go to the podcast meet.

Nicole

Well, Pete's working on getting a chatroom provider, so I guess when that's in place, we'll start meeting. Looks like Tuesday at eight is getting the most votes.

I only put up this poll for 3 days. I'll repost a poll when we get a room, just to make sure that Tues. night works out for everyone, and maybe a couple of other choices as well.

Darn, we really need a chatroom, don't we? We only have about 20 gazillion threads going on now....

Darn, we really need a chatroom, don't we? We only have about 20 gazillion threads going on now....

No kidding. I think we've discovered another way to chat....Continuous Thread Chatter or CTC!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter