Pop Century Room Renovations

So if I'm staying at Pop for 16 nights and I opt out of housekeeping, for how many nights do I get $10 credit? Will it be 16 minus 3 (every five nights)?

Oops I asked this in the wrong Pop thread. I posted it in the main Pop thread. Sorry.

Last edited:
Okay I might not request a specific room then, but we definitely want the top floor. I was thinking building 6. I would assume that one would be done by the last week of February.

To be honest, I wouldn't count on Building 6 to be completed at the end of February. It might be but at this time it's hard to tell. They started the renovations in early March and in 7 months only 3 buildings have been completed and reopened. The 4th building (building 10) has been under construction for 2 months now and there are no reports that they are close to reopening it. They probably won't close down 6 until 10 is reopened or very close to reopening. Even late February seems to be calling it close for it being open although I would love to be proven wrong. I'm not sure how Disney construction works but I know where I am, many places slow somewhat over Christmas as people take additional time off.

We have not stayed at Pop before, but have heard great things about the resort. We have reservations at the end of April. We have only booked a "Standard" room. Should I bump it up to a "Preferred" room, so I will have a better chance at getting a renovated room or should I just put in a request? Thanks!
There are more standard rooms than Preferred room. If a renovated room is your first request I would keep that as your room type.

@lovin'fl - ugh, sorry about your bus mess. I hope the rest of your trip is much better.

They put you in Building 6!?!? Have they even started closing any part of that building yet? This is ridiculous. Today is October 1 and we have to assume 3 months per building - it's starting to sound like bldg 6 won't be done before Christmas, maybe not even before January.
See above. I agree and think it will be January or even February before building 6 is completed.

My two cents based on absolutely nothing but my hopes and dreams... At this rate, Building 10 opens by Nov 1. Building 6 opens by Feb 1, latest Mar 1. Seems like May 2018 date for full renovation will need some real pixie dust.

To be honest, I wouldn't count on Building 6 to be completed at the end of February. It might be but at this time it's hard to tell. They started the renovations in early March and in 7 months only 3 buildings have been completed and reopened. The 4th building (building 10) has been under construction for 2 months now and there are no reports that they are close to reopening it. They probably won't close down 6 until 10 is reopened or very close to reopening. Even late February seems to be calling it close for it being open although I would love to be proven wrong. I'm not sure how Disney construction works but I know where I am, many places slow somewhat over Christmas as people take additional time off.

There are more standard rooms than Preferred room. If a renovated room is your first request I would keep that as your room type.

See above. I agree and think it will be January or even February before building 6 is completed.

I think I'll wait until it gets closer to my online check-in and then make a decision. If you're right and building 6 doesn't look like it will be close, do you have another building that you think would work best? My main vote for building 6 was because I liked the view of the lake and AOA on the top floor.

To be honest, I wouldn't count on Building 6 to be completed at the end of February. It might be but at this time it's hard to tell. They started the renovations in early March and in 7 months only 3 buildings have been completed and reopened. The 4th building (building 10) has been under construction for 2 months now and there are no reports that they are close to reopening it.
Is there any way this can be added to the beginning of this thread? Like the date the work on each building started and the date it opened?

I think I'll wait until it gets closer to my online check-in and then make a decision. If you're right and building 6 doesn't look like it will be close, do you have another building that you think would work best? My main vote for building 6 was because I liked the view of the lake and AOA on the top floor.
If you want a refurbished room and building 6 is still closed, I don't believe your request can be granted. If you don't mind an old room, I really like the 60's section, building 4 for lake plus AoA rooms. Please note though with these rooms that you will now see gondola construction from this location.

If you want a refurbished room, you may wish to request an 80's building 7 but it will depend on what room they grant you weather or not you can see the lake.

Is there any way this can be added to the beginning of this thread? Like the date the work on each building started and the date it opened?

Unfortunately I have not tracked the dates that the building refurbishments started and ended. Wish I had! If anyone has these exact dates we can see about having them added to the post on page 1.

If you want a refurbished room and building 6 is still closed, I don't believe your request can be granted. If you don't mind an old room, I really like the 60's section, building 4 for lake plus AoA rooms. Please note though with these rooms that you will now see gondola construction from this location.

If you want a refurbished room, you may wish to request an 80's building 7 but it will depend on what room they grant you weather or not you can see the lake.

Unfortunately I have not tracked the dates that the building refurbishments started and ended. Wish I had! If anyone has these exact dates we can see about having them added to the post on page 1.
I guess I can try and go thru the thread.... Eeek. Was hoping someone else already had the info. Thanks. I'll try to do it now...

OMG. I just did a search and it came up! How did I miss it?!?!?! Hopper posted it! LOL. It's in the second post:
Historical Refurbishment Date as best we can determine:

Building 8, 90's, started renovation on March 6, 2017, opened on June 8, 2017 (~renovation time 94 days)

Building 9, 80's, started renovation early May 2017, opened approx July 27, 2017 (~renovation time 80 days)

Building 7, 80's, started renovation early June, 2017, opened approx Sept 20, 2017 (~renovation time 70 days)

Building 10, 70's, started renovation, started renovation Aug 1 2017, STILL BEING RENOVATED

I think I missed it because I thought the part not in red was part of his signature. :rolleyes1

OMG. I just did a search and it came up! How did I miss it?!?!?! Hopper posted it! LOL. It's in the second post:
Historical Refurbishment Date as best we can determine:

Building 8, 90's, started renovation on March 6, 2017, opened on June 8, 2017 (~renovation time 94 days)

Building 9, 80's, started renovation early May 2017, opened approx July 27, 2017 (~renovation time 80 days)

Building 7, 80's, started renovation early June, 2017, opened approx Sept 20, 2017 (~renovation time 70 days)

Building 10, 70's, started renovation, started renovation Aug 1 2017, STILL BEING RENOVATED

I think I missed it because I thought the part not in red was part of his signature. :rolleyes1
So then if we could hope for the shortest renovation time to happen again - 10 should open around October 10th - if they could start work on 6 soon with another approx 70 day renovation would be completed just before Christmas - this is the first time only 1 building is really being worked on "alone" wonder why

So then if we could hope for the shortest renovation time to happen again - 10 should open around October 10th - if they could start work on 6 soon with another approx 70 day renovation would be completed just before Christmas - this is the first time only 1 building is really being worked on "alone" wonder why

My guess is that October-November-December is heavily booked and they need as much inventory as possible, so trying to only have one building out of commission at a time.

Hope I'm wrong and the renovation speeds up!

So let's say Building 10 is open November 1st, and I want a room in Building 10, what do I put in my request? Building 10? Or do I give specific room numbers? Or do I say 70s refurbished? I don't want to say 70s in case they give me Building 6. :confused:

So let's say Building 10 is open November 1st, and I want a room in Building 10, what do I put in my request? Building 10? Or do I give specific room numbers? Or do I say 70s refurbished? I don't want to say 70s in case they give me Building 6. :confused:

Assuming building 10 is open, I would hope at least in the week before it opens, they would begin work on building 6. Which would make it not an issue if you requested 70s.

But assuming they don't have it together or the renovation is temporarily halted and all buildings are open, or whatever:
-> call and ask to have your request for a refurbished room placed on your reservation. Say you'd like to be in the 70s section building 10, but that a refurbished room is more important than location (if such is true).

Assuming building 10 is open, I would hope at least in the week before it opens, they would begin work on building 6. Which would make it not an issue if you requested 70s.

But assuming they don't have it together or the renovation is temporarily halted and all buildings are open, or whatever:
-> call and ask to have your request for a refurbished room placed on your reservation. Say you'd like to be in the 70s section building 10, but that a refurbished room is more important than location (if such is true).
Good point about the Building 6 if it's closed. Duh me.

Yes, refurbished is my most important request. Thanks!

I hope you are right, then my Dec 8th check in requesting 70's will only allow building 10, which is what I wanted from the start. Although now a renovation room is my main goal for coffee maker

I have a preferred room booked 11/1-11/6. I called last week to make a room location request (yes, I realize this is only a request; not a guarantee).

Really, really would like a refurbished room, so I went out on a limb and requested Building 10. (I explicitly said Building 10.) When I got the confirmation e-mail, it just says "Guest requests 70's."

We shall see what happens...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter