Pop Century Room Renovations

I booked a trip for the end of February/beginning of March. What is the best building for me to request in order to be as close to the lobby/busses as possible AND get a renovated room? (I realize nothing is definite but trust the opinion of the disboards folks enough to go with that!)

I'll be there the same time and am wondering the same thing. We are okay walking to the buses, but we want a specific set of rooms. I'm not sure if we should just say a refurbished room and leave it at that or if we should try to pick certain rooms that we want.

Checked in today and got our refurbished room!!!! We had just boarded the Magical Express when I got the text about our room (which was nice since just before that I received a text from the airline that our luggage hadn't made it to MCO). Also, an added bonus....when we got to our room it was a king (which I hadn't even requested)!

congrats of the room-I'll pray for your luggage - geez :scared: .

I booked a trip for the end of February/beginning of March. What is the best building for me to request in order to be as close to the lobby/busses as possible AND get a renovated room? (I realize nothing is definite but trust the opinion of the disboards folks enough to go with that!)
Don't request a room. Book either preferred standard via, or standard pool view.

We are officially booked and returning to Pop in November. Yay! It's just me and my 9 year old for a double belated birthday celebration. I was supposed to be there in July to celebrate my 40th but we had some things come up and had to put it off for a bit. I was able to get an AP discount on a preferred room for cheaper than the standard I had originally booked so we went with it. I have always stayed standard and asked for a room in the 70s building (we like to be away from the pools). Any suggestions for best preferred room location/request? Sounds like preferred haven't been renovated yet? I don't care too much one way or another with our room, but wondering if the construction will be bothersome at all. Hard to know where they'll be 6 weeks from now though I guess.

Okay I'm off to get some planning done. Hope everyone is having a magical day!

I think the 60's will be the last since it will impact the main pool the most, and a lot of those rooms are preferred, so they want to keep them available as long as possible.
I think the expected to be working on those by end of November as when I booked back in march no preferred pool rooms were available for most if not all December- I assume to prepare for reno and assure the buildings were empty

I'm a little confused by this. I did BOOK a standard room, but I will still get a room REQUEST to fill out, correct?
Preferred rooms meet your location requests, which is why they're Preferred. Standard Pool View rooms are, often, almost as close (as are Preferred Pool View rooms, but probably not desired by guests who opt for the lesser priced Standard rooms.)

Booking a room in the location being sought makes infinitely more sense than requesting, and by late winter a good portion of those rooms should be refurbished.

Afaik, there is no request option for refurbished, since the situation is temporary.

Preferred rooms meet your location requests, which is why they're Preferred. Standard Pool View rooms are, often, almost as close (as are Preferred Pool View rooms, but probably not desired by guests who opt for the lesser priced Standard rooms.)

Booking a room in the location being sought makes infinitely more sense than requesting, and by late winter a good portion of those rooms should be refurbished.

Afaik, there is no request option for refurbished, since the situation is temporary.

Can't you call and request a refurbished room, though? Also, since I got a Standard room that doesn't mean it will be in one specific location so it makes sense to me to request a certain area that I would like.

Can't you call and request a refurbished room, though? Also, since I got a Standard room that doesn't mean it will be in one specific location so it makes sense to me to request a certain area that I would like.

That's my thinking and understanding on it.

I booked a standard pool view and I will be calling and requesting a refurbished room. I booked pool view and put 80's because that category was in the area I wanted which increases my chances that my choice will fall naturally into the area I want, and I'll request a refurbished room in the 80's section (though not a particular room ie. 8110) because that way if if becomes a choice between two rooms it might tip my favor into the refurbished room in the 80's over a non refurbished in the 50s.

In fact when I talked to the Resorts CM she just wrote in that a refurbished room was my priority over any specific room or category.

:coffee:Very stupid and silly question- I know that the new rooms have coffee makers.. do they supply coffee?

Checked in this morning just after 6am. Reiterated our request for a refurbished room, not caring about floor or specific building or when it was ready. We were offered a first or second floor room and we took the second floor. Just got our "room ready" notification and we are in building 7. So excited to go check it out.

We used touring plans to fax a request for a refurbished room and had filled out online checkin requests for 80s or 90s. I can confirm that the touring plans fax was received and noted on our account as she had the info about my brother's birthday that was in the fax.

Checked in this morning just after 6am. Reiterated our request for a refurbished room, not caring about floor or specific building or when it was ready. We were offered a first or second floor room and we took the second floor. Just got our "room ready" notification and we are in building 7. So excited to go check it out.

We used touring plans to fax a request for a refurbished room and had filled out online checkin requests for 80s or 90s. I can confirm that the touring plans fax was received and noted on our account as she had the info about my brother's birthday that was in the fax.
I was going to fax the same request for a refurbished room and note my birthday. Do you mind sharing exactly what you said? Just want to word it right so it doesn't get too lengthy lol. Thank you in advance! Newbie here!!

Coffee is a priority so I'm hoping for a refurbished room!
The fact that the refurbished rooms have coffee makers is exactly why I'm willing to give POP a try this January...first time ever staying at a Value resort, but I really like the look of the new rooms and COFFEE!!

Checked in today and got our refurbished room!!!! We had just boarded the Magical Express when I got the text about our room (which was nice since just before that I received a text from the airline that our luggage hadn't made it to MCO). Also, an added bonus....when we got to our room it was a king (which I hadn't even requested)!

I am curious about the refurbished King room. Does it have a regular dinette table? I assume that it would not have the pull-down Q, but I haven't seen any details confirming this. Let us know what the spacing is like in the room, and have a great trip!

How do you like location of bldg 7?

I am curious about the refurbished King room. Does it have a regular dinette table? I assume that it would not have the pull-down Q, but I haven't seen any details confirming this. Let us know what the spacing is like in the room, and have a great trip!
Yes, it has a standard two chair dinette on the same wall as the tv/dresser! Very roomy! I love it!!! Last year, we had a royal room at POR, and IMO, this is far superior!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter