Pop Century Room Renovations

That's my thinking and understanding on it.

I booked a standard pool view and I will be calling and requesting a refurbished room. I booked pool view and put 80's because that category was in the area I wanted which increases my chances that my choice will fall naturally into the area I want, and I'll request a refurbished room in the 80's section (though not a particular room ie. 8110) because that way if if becomes a choice between two rooms it might tip my favor into the refurbished room in the 80's over a non refurbished in the 50s.

In fact when I talked to the Resorts CM she just wrote in that a refurbished room was my priority over any specific room or category.

Okay I might not request a specific room then, but we definitely want the top floor. I was thinking building 6. I would assume that one would be done by the last week of February.

We have not stayed at Pop before, but have heard great things about the resort. We have reservations at the end of April. We have only booked a "Standard" room. Should I bump it up to a "Preferred" room, so I will have a better chance at getting a renovated room or should I just put in a request? Thanks!

We have not stayed at Pop before, but have heard great things about the resort. We have reservations at the end of April. We have only booked a "Standard" room. Should I bump it up to a "Preferred" room, so I will have a better chance at getting a renovated room or should I just put in a request? Thanks!

I think you should be okay with the Standard room. I would only bump up if you want to be closer to the main building. We have a Standard room for late February/early March and I'm not too worried. I think we should have decent odds of getting a refurbished rooms. I don't want to pay the extra $ for a Preferred room.

I have stay coming in Dec an have a preferred room and my early check-in is coming up. Should i request building 10 or dose the status of the refurb look like it wont be completed by then?

I have stay coming in Dec an have a preferred room and my early check-in is coming up. Should i request building 10 or dose the status of the refurb look like it wont be completed by then?
I'm also going in early December. Hoping 10 is complete!

I would think building 10 should be open by December. They've been working on it for about 2 months or so.

My DD13 and her 13 yr old best friend arrive Tuesday. Although I have requested a renovated room it really doesn't matter.....I won't be at work and I'll be in Disney, however it will be with 2 13 year old girls which will be a blast really and the ex is visiting us on a day....but even that last part can't ruin my trip.

Arrived last night around 5pm. I requested 80s or 90s section but got 70s. Building 6. Got room ready text at 3:30. Room is pretty run down, though clean. Went to DS for dinner. It poured rain. Went to go back to Pop and the bus stop was packed full of people all the way out of the queue. Waited for like 30 minutes when bus pulled up. Guy slowly got people on, did not pack people on, sat there with door closed for a while and then pulled off. Luckily a second bus had pulled up, but they had to switch drivers and afterwards the new driver sat there with doors closed for several minutes. From time I walked up to bus area, it took a good 75 minutes to get to Pop. While I was soaking wet and tired after a nine hour drive.

Arrived last night around 5pm. I requested 80s or 90s section but got 70s. Building 6. Got room ready text at 3:30. Room is pretty run down, though clean. Went to DS for dinner. It poured rain. Went to go back to Pop and the bus stop was packed full of people all the way out of the queue. Waited for like 30 minutes when bus pulled up. Guy slowly got people on, did not pack people on, sat there with door closed for a while and then pulled off. Luckily a second bus had pulled up, but they had to switch drivers and afterwards the new driver sat there with doors closed for several minutes. From time I walked up to bus area, it took a good 75 minutes to get to Pop. While I was soaking wet and tired after a nine hour drive.

Oh man, your bus ordeal sounds exhausting. Maybe if you ask at the front desk, they might have a refurbished room for you to move to?

Have you been able to get a look at the progress on Building 10?

@lovin'fl - ugh, sorry about your bus mess. I hope the rest of your trip is much better.

They put you in Building 6!?!? Have they even started closing any part of that building yet? This is ridiculous. Today is October 1 and we have to assume 3 months per building - it's starting to sound like bldg 6 won't be done before Christmas, maybe not even before January.

We just returned yesterday from a 9 night stay at Pop.
I had requested either 80's or 90's in hopes of getting a refurbished room. I also sent a fax (through touring plans) requesting room 9137 and in the notes I requested a refurbished room if that specific room wasn't available. And we ended up with room 7332 which was a refurbished room in the 80's! We thoroughly enjoyed the new rooms. It was quite a hike to the buses/food court but worth the refurbished room. We had three adults. My husband and I slept on the Murphy bed and it was perfect. We really never felt cramped in there. We pretty much used it for the basics. Sleeping. Showering. We would take breaks in the afternoon because it was so hot. But we did hit our legs on the side of the beds a few times. But we just had to be a little more aware of it. Plenty of space for our stuff. All in all it was great. Booked a bounce back for December next year :lovestruc

Hope your trip gets better! Did you go to front desk to ask if you could be switched to refurb room?

So we arrived at Pop yesterday and got our requested location- 90’s top floor. Love love love the rooms. The biggest plus is all the storage and shelving. We have a lot of electronics and there is a place for everything. Love being able to store all luggage under the beds. I brought 2 very brightly colored yellow towels and draped them over the corners of the Murphy bed tucked in under the mattress. That has totally helped us avoid hitting our legs off the edges. I think just visually it makes us more aware of them.

Online check-in and touring plans room request fax question

Should the touring plan room request fax be sent before or after online check-in. Any info greatly appreciated

Online check-in and touring plans room request fax question

Should the touring plan room request fax be sent before or after online check-in. Any info greatly appreciated

I did online check in a couple weeks ahead of time and touring plans fax 5 days before. I don’t think it matters.

Anyone know when they will start on the 60s ?We have a pool view in the 60s for April. Anyone think they will be done?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter