Possible update to Genie+

One advantage we see with G+ over FP+ is the ability to have overlapping reservations. With FP+, you could not have overlapping time ranges. With G+, you can. On a recent trip, we actually stacked reservations for later in the day, and we were able to do 4 attractions in less than 2 hours. The 'modify' option really helps. With FP+ we often found down time waiting on the next reservation window. As with any of the changes Disney makes to their parks over the decades, there are pros and cons......
With FP+ after your pre-booked ones, you could book another as soon as you tapped into the one you had. You didn't have to wait until the end of the window.

Unless I'm misunderstanding the example, you are not restricted to only one "Tier A" attraction per day with Genie+. You just can only book any specific 'Tier A' once per day through G+ - but you can certainly book and ride multiple 'Tier A' attractions.
If the survey becomes a reality, does it mean you can pre-book a Tier A like Frozen, then book Ratatouille and more Tier A rides on the day of?

Unless I'm misunderstanding the example, you are not restricted to only one "Tier A" attraction per day with Genie+. You just can only book any specific 'Tier A' once per day through G+ - but you can certainly book and ride multiple 'Tier A' attractions.
Oh I read it as no tier A at all the day of. What you said makes more sense

There may be different versions of the survey floating around, but the one I saw was this one (scroll down to post 20,691)

https://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/disney-genie-and-genie-at-walt-disney-world.974530/page-1035

It implies you are only getting one tier A attraction per day - period. Which would stink.

It also seems to say that you can only buy one ILL per day vs the two we can currently purchase.

Keep in mind it's just a survey, and as I said there could be multiple versions floating around. It doesn't mean that's how it will all shake out. Still, if I were to get one of the surveys I'd be letting them know loud and clear that the one tier A attraction per day thing is big fat no for me.

Once I ride my preferred first three rides, I am fine waiting in line with you the remainder of the day!

Or I can just go to Germany in Epcot and drink beer and enjoy the shows.

They just need to do away with the need for the extreme amount of pre-planning crap. Who wants to be booking rides 6 months ahead of your trip, that's foolishness. The early bird should still get the worm!
Aside from the fee, the lack of any pre-planning mechanism seems to be the biggest source of dissatisfaction with Genie+. So...

I just don't like anything that allows programs /bots and dishonest elements to manipulate a complicated system to get people more access in the parks versus regular old people that just want to have a good time at the park.

I am fine with some preplanning, but 30 days max! Booking rides and restaurants 6 months in advance is foolishness to me. I understand why Disney wants this, because it is pretty much guaranteed money being booked way in advance.

Last edited:
More than ever before, people don't want to wait in line. And more people than ever have a pile of money they want to give Disney so they can skip the lines all day. They want to pay. They value their time at the park more than others and want to buy that time.
This, so much. My time is worth an extra $25.

I just don't like anything that allows programs /bots and dishonest elements to manipulate the system to get people more access in the parks versus regular old people that just want to have a good time at the park.

I am fine with some preplanning, but 30 days max! Booking rides and restaurants 6 months in advance is foolishness to me. I understand why Disney wants this, because it is pretty much guaranteed money being booked way in advance.
You never booked rides 6 months out, it was 60 days for onsite.

All I know is the last 3 times I have went it has been a nightmare to try and book a decent meal in the park. We end up just going to downtown Disney for dinner instead as we can have some flexibility and not have to eat at some ludicrous time. It is my most hated thing about the current Disney experience.

2nd is all this app crap of having to be booking rides months in advance and having to be glued to your phone daylight to dark to try and book stuff. I just prefer a little more vacation in my vacations.

Last edited:
All I know is the last 3 times I have went it has been a nightmare to try and book a decent meal in the park. We end up just going to downtown Disney for dinner instead as we can have some flexibility and not have to eat at some ludicrous time. It is my most hated thing about the current Disney experience.

2nd is all this app crap of having to be booking rides months in advance.
ADR availability has been really good day of lately. You can get a lot of the harder to book places albeit maybe not at the time you want. Just yesterday I grabbed Kona Cafe a few hours beforehand but saw a ton of options outside of the bad restaurants like Planet Hollywood and Tony's.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter