Post all SW questions concerns, etc. here...

I'm going to be rescheduling my October flights to December so I can keep early bird. I'll be curious to see how early I can do it compared to the low fare calendar.

If you have flights currently booked that you will be changing (and not cancelling) because they have EBCI, can you get to the low fare calendar while doing the change? I don't want to cancel and start over, because I will lose the EBCI.

Last edited:
No, you’ll need to check the low fare calendar first, decide what flights you want, then go into your flight and make the change.

Does anyone have information about flying to Turks and Caicos? There aren't any flights at all out of FLL between now and October. Is this a temporary change due to COVID or has Southwest stopped flying there? I'm hoping to book a December flight when the schedules open in a couple of days, but not sure if there will be anything available to book. I've searched around and can't find an announcement anywhere, hoping somebody here has more info.

Does anyone have information about flying to Turks and Caicos? There aren't any flights at all out of FLL between now and October. Is this a temporary change due to COVID or has Southwest stopped flying there? I'm hoping to book a December flight when the schedules open in a couple of days, but not sure if there will be anything available to book. I've searched around and can't find an announcement anywhere, hoping somebody here has more info.
A travel agent that I used to book a trip to Turks a few years ago posted the other day that they airport was getting ready to open so maybe that is why there are no flights available. I can't speak specific about Southwest.

We have 9 (plus a lap baby) that want to fly SW in December. I confirmed on the phone yesterday that I have to split the group for booking since neither online nor phone can book more than 8 per reservation.

1. Can I be logged in on a laptop and an iPad at the same time to book the two groups simultaneously or will I need to do them one after the other?

2. What information will I need to book the flights? (ie. adult names as they appear on id, addresses, or birthdates for kids?)

TIA... trying to get my ducks in a row before they release the new dates!

I'd suggest going in an making a mock booking so you can see what information for each person you will need. You can do this without actually completing the transaction. Good way to familiarize yourself. BUT if memory serves, I had to call to reserve with a lap baby. I don't think there is a way to do that on line.

Editted to add:

If you choose to travel with your infant on your lap (at no additional charge) the infant will not need a boarding pass; however, you will need to obtain a Boarding Verification Document (BVD) for the infant. The BVD will allow the infant to board the aircraft. BVDs are available at the Southwest Airlines ticket counter on the day of travel. In order to complete your BVD, the Customer Service Agent will need to verify that your infant has not reached his/her second birthday, so be sure to bring along a copy of your infant's birth certificate.

Copied this from SWA website and found no reference to NOT being able to book on line so I think you can. But this is the procedure for getting the infant on the plane. Hope it helps!

Last edited:
I'd suggest going in an making a mock booking so you can see what information for each person you will need. You can do this without actually completing the transaction. Good way to familiarize yourself. BUT if memory serves, I had to call to reserve with a lap baby. I don't think there is a way to do that on line.

Editted to add:

If you choose to travel with your infant on your lap (at no additional charge) the infant will not need a boarding pass; however, you will need to obtain a Boarding Verification Document (BVD) for the infant. The BVD will allow the infant to board the aircraft. BVDs are available at the Southwest Airlines ticket counter on the day of travel. In order to complete your BVD, the Customer Service Agent will need to verify that your infant has not reached his/her second birthday, so be sure to bring along a copy of your infant's birth certificate.

Copied this from SWA website and found no reference to NOT being able to book on line so I think you can. But this is the procedure for getting the infant on the plane. Hope it helps!
It’s been a number of years, so things may have changed, but i was able to book online and then call to add my baby. A quick calll and they should be able to confirm that you.

Do you mind answering a few questions for me? I just want to be clear about this before I go to any trouble.

1 Did you have to book your May ticket within a certain date window?
2 Did you have to cancel your ticket within a certain date window?
3 Is the fact that your trip was within a certain date window a factor?

My situation is that I had funds that were created for my husband and I in Sept. 2019. I had a flight for my husband in Feb. I had one for me in March. The Feb. trip(hubby) was canceled just a few days before the flight. My March trip was not canceled until March. We then re-booked on the same flight for September, but I'm not sure we will be able to fly then, but I don't want to cancel today if there is a small chance we can take that flight because our flight is super cheap.

I would do it, if I knew I could get the extension, but from my reading, I'm not sure it will work for me.

Can you or anyone else help me?

Sorry, I just saw this.

1 - I just picked a date at the end of May.
2 - I cancelled about 5 minutes after I booked it.
3 - Yes, there are date stipulations on Southwest's website which is why I chose a May flight.

It worked for me. My previous travel fund expired Oct 2019. I booked a flight in May using that travel fund, cancelled the flight. The new travel fund had the Oct 2019 expiration date. The next day, the expiration date was extended to Sept 2022.

My red banner is gone and I'm afraid if I change my flights at this point I will now have to pay the difference:guilty:. I had not changed them because I was waiting for Disney to make an announcement.

I was really hoping they would roll out the ability to change travel funds to points before the new schedule came out tomorrow. It would have made things easier for us.

Did I read somewhere that it was going to be easier to look up and find your travel funds?

With the tons of cancellations I have I’m afraid that I’m leaving money out there but only took note of one of the flights the I was credited for like an idiot. Is there anyway to see all of the travel funds in one place without using confirmation numbers for each flight?

Log in to your account on the full southwest site (not the phone app), select My Account and you can see Your Travel Funds there. If there's a way to see them all in one place on the app, I'm not sure what it is. Hope this helps.

You can get to it on the app as well.

Click on the account icon at the top right corner of the main screen (the silhouette of a head). From there, if you scroll all the way to the bottom, you can click on View Funds and see all the travel funds associated with your account.

Steve

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter