Post all SW questions concerns, etc. here...

We converted my kids (2) credits to points. For us- I liked the flexibility of getting points refunded if the price goes down or if we need to change/cancel. (All has happened!) What I did was book 1 way for me and son and 1 way for dh and daughter and return flights same way, (4 separate transactions) using up the kids credits first. I know it won't come out even in the end but it worked best for our family.

We converted my kids (2) credits to points. For us- I liked the flexibility of getting points refunded if the price goes down or if we need to change/cancel. (All has happened!) What I did was book 1 way for me and son and 1 way for dh and daughter and return flights same way, (4 separate transactions) using up the kids credits first. I know it won't come out even in the end but it worked best for our family.
That's a good idea. It would make it easier to check in if you don't do early bird.

FYI our late March flight down changed from a nonstop to 2 stops with no plane changes adding a few hours to our flight. We got a free change (red banner) snd got a $70 credit to rebook a nonstop at an earlier time. I checked our return flight and while they haven’t changed it yet I noticed it no longer exists so I did a free change and got a $60 credit. It is leaving MCO later than our original.

Yep that’s the idea, we converted our credits to points, but left our DD as a credit because we wouldn’t be using the small amount of points attached to her name. She also does not travel often and without us.

The nice thing about points is they can be used by anyone. She is the only one who can use the travel credits before they expire, but you could use her points yourself if you wanted with no expiration.

What time do the flights usually open? I am trying to figure out my computer situation as I am also remote teaching!

We have flights booked for January. In early November, we received notice that our flight times had changed. This gave us the leeway to change our flights without paying any fare difference. I'm now interested in changing my January flights to March or April, but I'm finding that nearly all flights say "unavailable" and won't allow me to change it. I presume this is because the fares are Spring Break rates and they only want me adjusting my flights to something comparable.

My question is if I just cancel my flight and take the travel funds, I assume I can just use those funds towards the purchase of new flights in March or April? I know I would lose what I paid for EBCI, but are there any other issues with doing that that I may not be considering?

We have flights booked for January. In early November, we received notice that our flight times had changed. This gave us the leeway to change our flights without paying any fare difference. I'm now interested in changing my January flights to March or April, but I'm finding that nearly all flights say "unavailable" and won't allow me to change it. I presume this is because the fares are Spring Break rates and they only want me adjusting my flights to something comparable.

My question is if I just cancel my flight and take the travel funds, I assume I can just use those funds towards the purchase of new flights in March or April? I know I would lose what I paid for EBCI, but are there any other issues with doing that that I may not be considering?

Are you using the link in the email to try and change it? If so don't do that, try and change via the normal way.

I got an email yesterday about a flight I have in April, also allowing a change but ONLY two weeks either way of my dates which I think it a big change I think it used to be 30 days either way.

Are you using the link in the email to try and change it? If so don't do that, try and change via the normal way.

I got an email yesterday about a flight I have in April, also allowing a change but ONLY two weeks either way of my dates which I think it a big change I think it used to be 30 days either way.
I'm not, I was trying to do it while logged in on the Southwest web site. But I wasn't aware there was a time limitation on the change, so perhaps that's the problem. I wonder if there's a way I can decline the offer of a "free" change with no fare difference so that I can just change my flight and pay the difference (like normal) rather than have to cancel and re-book. Anyone know if this can be done by calling? I'd much rather keep my EBCI.

It actually is still 30 days; that 14 day notice has been incorrect for awhile.

I'm not, I was trying to do it while logged in on the Southwest web site. But I wasn't aware there was a time limitation on the change, so perhaps that's the problem. I wonder if there's a way I can decline the offer of a "free" change with no fare difference so that I can just change my flight and pay the difference (like normal) rather than have to cancel and re-book. Anyone know if this can be done by calling? I'd much rather keep my EBCI.
Yes, just change and pay additional fare to keep EBCI.

Booked for April. Fares are a little high, 10450 points or $134 each way from Buffalo. There was no variation in rates.... pretty much the same every one of the new dates. I will keep my eye out for drops. But DH is free on my companion pass so I didn’t mind booking now. Nonstops are down to 2 a day each way... 1 early morning & 1 late night. My DH will be retired by then so I was able to adjust our dates & fly Thursday to Thursday. That leaves me plenty of time when we get home before I have to go back to work. Just in case there are still testing or quarantine requirements.

🤞🏻🙏🏻 Hoping this one sticks!!

Yes, just change and pay additional fare to keep EBCI.
My post above explains that is not an option for me currently. That is what I was attempting to do, but I believe because I am eligible for a "free" change due to my flight times changing, its showing all the flights I want to book as "unavailable". It is not just showing me the fare and allowing me to change, like it would in normal circumstances if my original flight times hadn't changed. I do know that the flights I want are available and with WGA fares, so its not that the flights are full.

My post above explains that is not an option for me currently. That is what I was attempting to do, but I believe because I am eligible for a "free" change due to my flight times changing, its showing all the flights I want to book as "unavailable". It is not just showing me the fare and allowing me to change, like it would in normal circumstances if my original flight times hadn't changed. I do know that the flights I want are available and with WGA fares, so its not that the flights are full.
I was just able to change beyond the "no charge" change window, so it should work. Maybe try logging out, then back in, again. I made my change on the website, not the app. When I selected a date past the window for no change in fare, it just showed the additional applicable cost, and I made the change, which was confirmed.

You can try calling or using Twitter to DM Southwest for help, if you continue to have issues.

I bought the first half of our spring break tickets on Monday and they're already changing the schedule. I like the change since it moved from 5:15 to 6:15am, but they're already consolidating the early April schedule from 3 direct flights to 2 direct flights from RDU to MCO.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter