Post all SW questions concerns, etc. here...

This was noted above, but for future reference, today's (December 10) calendar extension through August 16, 2021 was available at 7:15 AM ET.

Southwest Travel Tools page updated with: "We are currently accepting air reservations through August 16, 2021. At this time, we do not have a date for our next schedule extension therefore please check back frequently."

My post above explains that is not an option for me currently. That is what I was attempting to do, but I believe because I am eligible for a "free" change due to my flight times changing, its showing all the flights I want to book as "unavailable". It is not just showing me the fare and allowing me to change, like it would in normal circumstances if my original flight times hadn't changed. I do know that the flights I want are available and with WGA fares, so its not that the flights are full.

Ok this is happening to me too. Our original flight was on points I wonder if that makes a difference. I'm going to just move it to a dummy date then try to move it again.

eta: Moved to dummy dates, now won't let me move again, it errors out. Weird.

edited again: I just cancelled the flight and started over. I lost the ebci but I was booking under dh's account and knew he wouldn't be able to call and try to move it that way plus I'd have to explain what I did ha ha ha.

Prices high but they are right after school ends and comparable to last year's prices:

PVD-MCO June 26 - July 2
$174 down (12,783 pts)
$182 back (13,407 pts)

I paid in points not cash but list the cash for info purposes. There are only 2 direct return flights so we wanted to lock that in.

Last edited:
Recheck your flights from this morning. Several flights I was looking at have already disappeared/changed 😑. I hope it’s just a glitch, but you know 2020....

Recheck your flights from this morning. Several flights I was looking at have already disappeared/changed 😑. I hope it’s just a glitch, but you know 2020....
Scheduled flights thru April 2021 were modified to some extent, as of yesterday. For those previously booked, check your confirmations, to see if any of your flights are affected and qualify for no charge flight changes.

Due to continued/anticipated decline in demand, flights are being consolidated.

So we should convert to points then book with points, as to be fully refundable (and reprice-able if fare drops)? What do you all think? It would be ok for solo travelers but a hassle for families.

I didn't wind up converting my travel funds with points since I'm the only one with a RR account and I didn't want to deal with the hassle of setting up my husband and kids with their own RR accounts. I knew we'd travel before the expiration date of the funds, so it wasn't worth it for me.

With that said, I booked this morning. The flight coming home worked out well -- used my travel funds and just had to pay a little bit extra. Going down there, though, was another story. The flight was A LOT of points -- I had enough but pretty much depleted my account with the 4 tickets. I could have saved myself some points, but it would be arriving later than I'd like and I just decided to use the points and hope that they go down at some point.

I could have saved myself some points, but it would be arriving later than I'd like and I just decided to use the points and hope that they go down at some point.

Quoting myself, but I just looked up the same flight I booked this morning and at this moment it's even more points than I booked it for -- it was already a lot!

So they opened schedule through mid August but prices are quite high for BWI-MCO I’m not paying these prices....going to just wait and see what happens.

BWI did seem high for my July dates (7/13, 7/23 or 24). I ended up booking PHL instead. 6,543 to MCO on a Tuesday and 4,983 back to PHL on a Saturday. Of course, they are both super early flights (6:35am, 6:40am), but they're the only times I had enough points to cover 4 round trip tickets via either BWI or PHL. I would have had to pay cash for 2 one-way tickets back to BWI on a Friday. Instead I'll take that cash, get a room at the Hyattt Friday night and come home early Saturday. Extra park day for us!

I'll still be stalking BWI and PHL points cost twice daily for the next 7 months. Either to claw some back or change to BWI. I really don't like PHL despite it being about 25 minutes closer to home.

Flights from BWI were really expensive. We didn't book. Luckily we can drive if needed and right about now I would probably feel safer in my car. Hopefully things will improve!

Flights for my May trip were up as well from both BDL and PVD. Pricing was pretty standard across most months in the $134 - $142 range [one way]. I decided to cancel the trip and will bank my DVC points for something else down the road.

Does anyone think they’ll be adding more non-stop flights to BDL? We are going in April and I need to book our flights home. Currently there is one non-stop flight/day and it’s in the morning. I’m almost considering staying an extra night and flying out the next morning but booking a cheaper place to stay that night. I don’t want to give up a whole Disney day and leave at 9:55 am (6:55 am for the DME). I miss pre-pandemic late afternoon flights. Anyone think they’ll add any?

Does anyone think they’ll be adding more non-stop flights to BDL? We are going in April and I need to book our flights home. Currently there is one non-stop flight/day and it’s in the morning. I’m almost considering staying an extra night and flying out the next morning but booking a cheaper place to stay that night. I don’t want to give up a whole Disney day and leave at 9:55 am (6:55 am for the DME). I miss pre-pandemic late afternoon flights. Anyone think they’ll add any?
No. In the many years for me flying SWA out of BDL I have never seen them add flights to their schedule after a release. I also think the demand for air travel is going to be a slow recovery throughout 2021 so nonstop options will not be the same that we're used to. Not to mention that SWA is expanding to new markets so a shift in planes/operations will occur.

Unlikely. I was just checking this morning and was sad to see only one direct flight out of BDL on our mid-May dates. I guess I’ll have to fly SW down but someone else back up.

Unlikely. I was just checking this morning and was sad to see only one direct flight out of BDL on our mid-May dates. I guess I’ll have to fly SW down but someone else back up.

I was thinking we may have to fly Jet Blue back, but then we'll have to be more careful with our luggage since we tend to overpack when flying SW :P

Does anyone think they’ll be adding more non-stop flights to BDL?
They actually just cut direct flights. We were booked on the Noon direct flight BDL to MCO on 4/11 and waiting to book flights back. Our flight was just cancelled. We were anticipating a choice of late evening return flights on Friday and Saturday (since they were available for 4/9 and 4/10) but no dice. Very disappointing, but I understand the airlines are in serious trouble. And ........ the prices are MUCH higher.

They actually just cut direct flights. We were booked on the Noon direct flight BDL to MCO on 4/11 and waiting to book flights back. Our flight was just cancelled. We were anticipating a choice of late evening return flights on Friday and Saturday (since they were available for 4/9 and 4/10) but no dice. Very disappointing, but I understand the airlines are in serious trouble. And ........ the prices are MUCH higher.

We are going down 4/11 as well…CT Spring Break! Our 6:10 am flight was just moved to 5:30 am…a little early but I'd always rather be earlier than later. We bought the tickets back in August for $141, which is a decent price for April.

I haven't decided what to do yet about coming home. We may even sneak in a couple extra days for my DD to do some college tours that she never got to do this fall. I'll hold off on booking our return flight for now. Good luck :-)

DD's bestie is probably coming with us in August (depending on grades and all that fun stuff). We are going to use cash and points to pay for our flights. Currently, only our arrival day is available for booking and i don't know when our departure day will open, aug 20. What is the best way to book the flights? I'm 99.9% sure her friend will be able to go but just in case she can't, will we be able to cancel? I want to book them all at the same time because we get early bird. Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter