• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Post all SW questions concerns, etc. here...

I've looked back the past page or so and didn't see any comments on this. Anyone besides me getting sticker shock at the March 2022 prices??? We were looking at a spring break trip to DL, and those prices are crazy compared to pre-COVID.

I did one way of my March trip and now can't get back into the website to book the other way.

We are looking at February and it would be $100 more round trip than what we planned (PER person). So we are going to hold out and hope they drop to the regular lower 119 per segment rate in the next couple of months.

I've looked back the past page or so and didn't see any comments on this. Anyone besides me getting sticker shock at the March 2022 prices??? We were looking at a spring break trip to DL, and those prices are crazy compared to pre-COVID.

Yes on the sticker shock. A one-way flight to get to MCO for $338, on the specific day I wanted, isn't what I was expecting right when the fares opened at 7:15am. But when they are only offering one non-stop a day at my airport on the days leading up to a holiday/vacation week, I guess I can't be too shocked. Just disappointed.

Yes on the sticker shock. A one-way flight to get to MCO for $338, on the specific day I wanted, isn't what I was expecting right when the fares opened at 7:15am. But when they are only offering one non-stop a day at my airport on the days leading up to a holiday/vacation week, I guess I can't be too shocked. Just disappointed.
That is what I saw for the date for Midway in March that I was looking at. Of course now I can't get in to book it.

Are you able to log into your SW account? I can book but getting an error trying to login and I have a credit.

Can't quite understand how they plan flights these days but it's ever changing!

On our Sat BUF-MCO flight there were 4 non-stop options. On the return from MCO-BUF on a Sunday, only 1. Weird!

Replying to my own post here. Looking through past trips... prices are comparable to my 2018 trip but a lot higher than my (cancelled) 2020 trip. Just FYI for anyone who's curious.

Not sure if I should wait to see if prices fluctuate, but I'm in no great rush.

YES!! I booked mine with points but my cousin will pay me back in cash, and our flights from RDU to MCO for March were 29,368 points each which was $446.96 A TICKET!!!

YIKES!

Im hoping between now and then that the points drop!

🤞

The last time when the prices came out high then dropped, how long before they dropped? Trying to decide if I should do it now or wait. Tickets are $40 more each way than I expected.

It depends on the airport if you should buy now or wait and also if you are traveling during a school break week. I logged on at exactly 730 this morning and i got from ISP to MCO during the spring break week $199 non stop each way Sun 4/17 to Sun 4/24. I was hoping for $150 each way but i guess those were gone. But i’ll take it because i know that week is only going to get higher. We plan to go back in August so if by chance they di go down a little i can always apply the credit to those flights. And i just checked and the flights I booked have went up $150 pp more!

It depends on the airport if you should buy now or wait and also if you are traveling during a school break week. I logged on at exactly 730 this morning and i got from ISP to MCO during the spring break week $199 non stop each way Sun 4/17 to Sun 4/24. I was hoping for $150 each way but i guess those were gone. But i’ll take it because i know that week is only going to get higher. We plan to go back in August so if by chance they di go down a little i can always apply the credit to those flights. And i just checked and the flights I booked have went up $150 pp more!
The flight I booked from MHT to Miami was $318 one way. (Also was a Friday) Now that wanna get away fare is unavailable and the next fare up is $580. Yikes!
It was fortunate that I was online with you guys when the fares were released. It is winter break in the Northeast and the airlines take advantage of that.

So - this is a mea culpa. But I hadn't realized I could only use travel funds for me (I've let a little pot grow up thinking that I'd be able to use them for the kids when it was time to fly). Does anyone know if there is a work around? I saw a reference about transitioning them to points but couldn't find more info. Sigh. I guess I just have to fly more! (not really - I'd just be disappointed to lose out on what I have).

ETA - or, are there ways to use those funds I've not thought of (EBIC is a no, I believe)? Upgrades?

Last edited:
So - this is a mea culpa. But I hadn't realized I could only use travel funds for me (I've let a little pot grow up thinking that I'd be able to use them for the kids when it was time to fly). Does anyone know if there is a work around? I saw a reference about transitioning them to points but couldn't find more info. Sigh. I guess I just have to fly more! (not really - I'd just be disappointed to lose out on what I have).

ETA - or, are there ways to use those funds I've not thought of (EBIC is a no, I believe)? Upgrades?
Transferring TF to RR points was only available for a limited window about a year ago. The only other options are to let them expire then call and they can be converted to LUV vouchers that can be used for anyone, but there is a cost, either $75 or $100 per TF.

I have a question that maybe someone here can answer...

I booked a promotional flight which will give me a companion pass. I won't actually get the companion pass until Jan 6th. We are flying to MCO in Feb. Can I book my flight now and add my companion later when I get the pass or do I have to wait to book both at the same time?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter