Price error next August

Well I've just received my "amended" invoice through th email.

It clears shows that you will received 2 gift cards one for $200 and one for $300 plus a "online price adjustment" of £1312.20.

I'm not complaining.:banana::banana::dance3::dance3:

Annette x

I'm so pleased for you :) its lovely to hear that some people have had a wonderful wee Disney surprise from this.

We will be expecting a trip report ::yes::

I think it's not so much a case of other discussion forums being 'wrong' or 'bad' but more a case of this one being different: group dynamics are very powerful and you put a bunch of strangers together and let them talk freely and publicly about pretty much anything and there are going to be heated eruptions. Somehow the DIS, and the UK boards in particular, just have something that seems to be lacking elsewhere. We've had some hot topics, typically the ones that see deleted posts and locked threads appearing faster than you can refresh a page - but put them on here and they run for days on end with very few, if any, problems at all. We've got it good here :goodvibes

I saw the original thread of this on the dibb when the error began in fact from about 3 posts in.

I have to say that although the dibb has a lot of info and different view points I have never seen so many nasty comments from people , it just doesn't seem to be very friendly in general. And I am not talking about that particular thread either. I am not a big poster definitely more a lurker and gatherer of info but I feel a bit intimidated posting over there. If I do it's little questions and hopefully not provoking.

Much friendlier here so thanks .

I think it's not so much a case of other discussion forums being 'wrong' or 'bad' but more a case of this one being different: group dynamics are very powerful and you put a bunch of strangers together and let them talk freely and publicly about pretty much anything and there are going to be heated eruptions. Somehow the DIS, and the UK boards in particular, just have something that seems to be lacking elsewhere. We've had some hot topics, typically the ones that see deleted posts and locked threads appearing faster than you can refresh a page - but put them on here and they run for days on end with very few, if any, problems at all. We've got it good here :goodvibes

I do post on there, not as much as I did but I do because I just can't help trying to steer threads in the right direction, like the one this evening, someone replied saying you needed 6 months on a passport, totally wrong info and no-one else posted to correct them.
I can post more or less anything I like on here without worry of the response, not just beause I am a moderator but because 99.9% of members here respect other peoples thoughts/choices/decisions. I have spent over a year in Florida, done almost every way posible over 28 trips, I still have no right telling anyone else how to do anything, I can advise and offer my experience but thats all.
Over on the Dibb without exception I have to study every post before I hit the submit button, make sure its worded correctly, even then I await the backlash of what I post. I posted in another thread about taking an 83 year old, I am now accused of ageism just for giving advise. There are members on there that believe they are right and no-one else can have an opinion, thats where the problems start.

I agree with you Wayne saw that thread too . Much better here xx

Funny tho Wayne when u speak we all know that the king has spoken !! Hahaha

I don't go in the Florida bit of the DIBB but I do go on the West Coast section, Cruise bit and Weddings part and everyone is friendly in those bits.

Glad to hear at least one person has gotten a good deal.

Well done Annette :thumbsup2

So nice to know that it worked out well for some.:banana: I can't remember what you booked (forgive me, this thread has got a bit longer than it was the night it started :rotfl:) Where are you staying?

Hey thank you :)

We usually stay at SSR but thought we would give OKW a try next year. I didn't expect anything from Disney to be honest and was going to book soon anyways so I'm more than pleased with my extra discount. :thumbsup2

Regarding the comments on "the dibb" I am more of a lurker on that forum rather than a poster but must admit I always feel welcome and at home by my dis friends

Annette x:)

I didn't expect anything from Disney to be honest and was going to book soon anyways so I'm more than pleased with my extra discount. :thumbsup2

Really pleased for you :)

Just read the Dibb thread and feel the need to rejoice in someone's good fortune and pass on good wishes to rid me of all that bad feeling over there!

Also to generally thank everyone who has made me feel welcome here...it feels much more 'Disney'...:grouphug:

I do post on there, not as much as I did but I do because I just can't help trying to steer threads in the right direction, like the one this evening, someone replied saying you needed 6 months on a passport, totally wrong info and no-one else posted to correct them.
I can post more or less anything I like on here without worry of the response, not just beause I am a moderator but because 99.9% of members here respect other peoples thoughts/choices/decisions. I have spent over a year in Florida, done almost every way posible over 28 trips, I still have no right telling anyone else how to do anything, I can advise and offer my experience but thats all.
Over on the Dibb without exception I have to study every post before I hit the submit button, make sure its worded correctly, even then I await the backlash of what I post. I posted in another thread about taking an 83 year old, I am now accused of ageism just for giving advise. There are members on there that believe they are right and no-one else can have an opinion, thats where the problems start.

Agree with you totally, I have been shouted down too for giving advise.

Now walking away from this thread as I am still kicking myself for not looking at the boards the night of the glitch especially as DH was out and I had nothing better to be doing :headache:

Well done to those getting good deals :goodvibes

Hi everyone. I'm a bit of a long term lurker here but after being frightened away from 'that' thread in thedibb I might become a more active poster.

I've managed to score two weeks in SSR with the glitch, I was about to book with disney anyway so couldnt be better for me.

I like the dis as its good to have an american take on disney and tips from them. Still find the dibb useful just a bit scarier :rotfl:

Hi everyone. I'm a bit of a long term lurker here but after being frightened away from 'that' thread in thedibb I might become a more active poster.

I've managed to score two weeks in SSR with the glitch, I was about to book with disney anyway so couldnt be better for me.

I like the dis as its good to have an american take on disney and tips from them. Still find the dibb useful just a bit scarier :rotfl:

Woohoo someone else who has benefitted from the Disney magic :cool1: Really pleased that this wee glitch has worked out well for you.

Welcome to the Dis - I'm still really new here too, but its very nice and people do give really useful advice and nobody flames you for being a bit dim (as I have been in the past!!).

Kirst

Now walking away from this thread as I am still kicking myself for not looking at the boards the night of the glitch especially as DH was out and I had nothing better to be doing :headache:

Well done to those getting good deals :goodvibes
If only we had known next years dates I would have booked, maybe another deal will come up for us.

You are more than welcome here, Congrats on getting booked.:thumbsup2

Welcome to the Dis - I'm still really new here too, but its very nice and people do give really useful advice and nobody flames you for being a bit dim (as I have been in the past!!).

Kirst

Even with all the experience I have I am still dim on some subjects, I wouldn't have a clue how to get on a Lynx bus for example. No-one knows everything.

Welcome to our new members.Yes we are a lot nicer on here.There are a couple on here who always have to get there point across and will argue to the end but we tend to let them have their 5 minutes of fame:moped::rotfl2:
We know who they are dont we Lee:banana:Wayne:worship:
Anyway regards the good fortune of some who have managed to bag a bargain well done and ignore them on Dibb .Its a case of sour grapes and Jealousy.I am a memeber on there but never post.

Don't kick yourself Elise - I saw the threads but couldn't get it to check out (and yes I did try for several hours :rotfl2:).

Just wanted to say welcome to any lurkers or new posters on here.

You may recognise my user name I do post on here and the dibb but this is very much my 'home' board. I usually stick to the dining/restaurant threads on the dibb.

This is a friendly board full of people who go out of their way to help. Please don't be afraid to ask - I think saturday is my 15th trip but I still learn things on here. There are no silly questions.

:goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes

I accept that I may be flamed for saying this, but I think the carry-on on the Dibb has caused more problems for everyone than anybody would care to admit. Disney staff DO read these forums so they are well aware of what's going on. It's so unnecessary. I mean this thread has been running just as long and has remained perfectly civil. It's not the first time and won't be the last that we see the contrast and that, my friends, is why you will find me here, and not there :goodvibes

So funny - I have more or less posted the same thing on the thread this afternoon. That thread and, in particular, the post from Stu had reminded me why I stopped posting there once before ;)

I'm not on the Dibb, but have followed this since Last week on both forums (I wasn't able to get the offer) as I was interested to see what happened. After just checking on The Dibb (I get through on the link Wayne gave), I was shocked to read the aggression that seems to come through on some of the posts. Just so glad I found the Dis first.

I was one of the lucky ones who managed to get the compensation package, luckily I booked the hotel and date that I wanted, although to be honest I probably wouldnt have thought about staying on site next year without it.

Regarding the boards, imho, both are very good, the dibb has more activity but as many have said the dynamics are very different to this one. I am always a bit more careful with the wording when posting on there but havent had any issues. I have to agree though that the glitch thread degenerated rather quickly, but that happens on many online forums, not just thedibb.

I was one of the lucky ones who managed to get the compensation package, luckily I booked the hotel and date that I wanted, although to be honest I probably wouldnt have thought about staying on site next year without it.

Regarding the boards, imho, both are very good, the dibb has more activity but as many have said the dynamics are very different to this one. I am always a bit more careful with the wording when posting on there but havent had any issues. I have to agree though that the glitch thread degenerated rather quickly, but that happens on many online forums, not just thedibb.
Pleased for you, where are you stayiing?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter