Price error next August

But I guess we will never know :confused3

You're right, we will never know. I still maintain that maybe the dibber(s) in question got some kind of verbal offer from Disney US that they then 'forced' Disney UK to uphold and Disney UK were not prepared to offer that to everybody so felt the need to try and cover themselves.

I am still not sure why The Dibb, specifically, was mentioned other than an assumption that somebody, in their negotiations, pointed out that it was being discussed on The Dibb and suggested that there may be negative repurcussions if they didn't work to help them :confused3

It's all guesswork.

FWIW, I have received my Email (sounds much the same as yours Ciorsdah) and responded accordingly. We will not be booking our accommodation with WDTC UK next year :)

You're right, we will never know. I still maintain that maybe the dibber(s) in question got some kind of verbal offer from Disney US that they then 'forced' Disney UK to uphold and Disney UK were not prepared to offer that to everybody so felt the need to try and cover themselves.

I am still not sure why The Dibb, specifically, was mentioned other than an assumption that somebody, in their negotiations, pointed out that it was being discussed on The Dibb and suggested that there may be negative repurcussions if they didn't work to help them :confused3

It's all guesswork.

FWIW, I have received my Email (sounds much the same as yours Ciorsdah) and responded accordingly. We will not be booking our accommodation with WDTC UK next year :)

Thats how I responded as well, next year may well be a Diney free year or a DIY Disney year (or a "save up for house" year who knows!!)

Can I ask did the silence e-mail come as a specific reply to what you were asking? Or was it in the Generic 20% discount.

There is no mention of silence or the Dibb in my generic e-mail. I am still awaiting a response to my specif request to downgrade accommodation and or possibly move dates. Which I take it will be a no from other posters on here.

Good luck to whoever got a bargin holiday courtesy of yet another balls up from Disney, albeit US Disney.

The request for silence was in the email I received after I asked them to downgrade my accomodation for next year.

It sounds a bit like how 'compromise agreements' work. When I was made redundant years ago if I accepted the offer I had to sign to say I would not disclose my package. Many people were being laid off and the approach to what was offered was far more generous for some and less so for others. Despite the employer having carte Blanche to offer what they liked about and beyond the statutory offering - the agreements were present to stop a mutiny and any comeback should people discover someone else got a better deal.

Jeepers I just read the Dibb thread out of interest (mainlybecause my email from Disney mentions it!!) and it's all a bit tense over there!!!

For Disney PR sake I hope they had taken a unilateral approach and are sending that email to everyone and the 'keep silent' part is standard.... :rolleyes1

Jeepers I just read the Dibb thread out of interest (mainlybecause my email from Disney mentions it!!) and it's all a bit tense over there!!!

I accept that I may be flamed for saying this, but I think the carry-on on the Dibb has caused more problems for everyone than anybody would care to admit. Disney staff DO read these forums so they are well aware of what's going on. It's so unnecessary. I mean this thread has been running just as long and has remained perfectly civil. It's not the first time and won't be the last that we see the contrast and that, my friends, is why you will find me here, and not there :goodvibes

I accept that I may be flamed for saying this, but I think the carry-on on the Dibb has caused more problems for everyone than anybody would care to admit. Disney staff DO read these forums so they are well aware of what's going on. It's so unnecessary. I mean this thread has been running just as long and has remained perfectly civil. It's not the first time and won't be the last that we see the contrast and that, my friends, is why you will find me here, and not there :goodvibes

I have to agree with you, we shall enjoy the potential flaming together!!

I am still new here but it's nice, my short trip to the Dibb intimidated me somewhat, I don't think I'll be changing my home anytime soon:moped:

I have to agree with you, we shall enjoy the potential flaming together!!

I am still new here but it's nice, my short trip to the Dibb intimidated me somewhat, I don't think I'll be changing my home anytime soon:moped:

So funny - I have more or less posted the same thing on the thread this afternoon. That thread and, in particular, the post from Stu had reminded me why I stopped posting there once before ;)

So funny - I have more or less posted the same thing on the thread this afternoon. That thread and, in particular, the post from Stu had reminded me why I stopped posting there once before ;)

I guessed that you were the same Wilma-bride over there. I couldn't believe the way they just took your post down without telling you and implying you could cost everyone their 'deal'. I was spitting feathers for you!!!

Thanks for the earlier reply. I am still waiting for news. So has Disney allowed people to downsize accommodation with 20%, or are they just sending out the correct quote with the 20% off and asking people not to post?

I'm confused it doesn't take much though.

Disney are emailing telling people they can keep their reservation where they booked or for a kind offer of no amendment fee, change to another resort for the exact price that anyone can book on their site.
Apparently.
Hence why I thought their 'no telling' line was bizarre as I said earlier :)

:goodvibes

I only know that some of us have receive emails saying we are not able to transfer the deal over to a different resort, either take the 20% and $ on the original booking or cancel.

But in the email they are adding a section which tells you not to disclose the 'deal' they have made you (in my case nothing).

Shambles really but they will sort it out I'm sure. Nobody knows if everyone is getti g the same or if some people are getting to negotiate with them.

It wont be discovered due to their bizarre 'don't tell anyone' clause...

:goodvibes

How would they now. Anyone could post Disney have offered xyz with no dates money or accommodation mentioned. Unless of course they only allowed a handful of people to change accommodation.

I think it's not so much a case of other discussion forums being 'wrong' or 'bad' but more a case of this one being different: group dynamics are very powerful and you put a bunch of strangers together and let them talk freely and publicly about pretty much anything and there are going to be heated eruptions. Somehow the DIS, and the UK boards in particular, just have something that seems to be lacking elsewhere. We've had some hot topics, typically the ones that see deleted posts and locked threads appearing faster than you can refresh a page - but put them on here and they run for days on end with very few, if any, problems at all. We've got it good here :goodvibes

Well I've just received my "amended" invoice through th email.

It clears shows that you will received 2 gift cards one for $200 and one for $300 plus a "online price adjustment" of £1312.20.

I'm not complaining.:banana::banana::dance3::dance3:

Annette x

Well I've just received my "amended" invoice through th email.

It clears shows that you will received 2 gift cards one for $200 and one for $300 plus a "online price adjustment" of £1312.20.

I'm not complaining.:banana::banana::dance3::dance3:

Annette x

Well done Annette :thumbsup2

So nice to know that it worked out well for some.:banana: I can't remember what you booked (forgive me, this thread has got a bit longer than it was the night it started :rotfl:) Where are you staying?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter