Princess Weekend 2020

So ... I guess I was wrong about January 29th.
I have meetings at 10am, 12pm, 1pm, and 3pm tomorrow, so ... expect waivers to be released around one of those times.

I'm guessing either 12pm or 1pm since that's when I'll be in the middle of teaching a lesson on factoring with no time to check.

My magic bands are out for delivery. This trip is getting SO close. I’m excited to run with you all!

A rundisney newbie is joining us for this trip. I had to explain to her why she couldn’t find the course map on the website. She was very confused.

My magic bands are out for delivery. This trip is getting SO close. I’m excited to run with you all!

A rundisney newbie is joining us for this trip. I had to explain to her why she couldn’t find the course map on the website. She was very confused.

Mine arrived yesterday! I special ordered a Princess design that they had available to match the Princess theme of the trip - I'm getting so excited!!!!

Hi guys! I'm a newbie to the runDisney group. About a month ago, I signed up for the Princess 5K and 10K thru some of the charities that still had bibs available. I'm not as worried about the 5K but getting nervous about the 10K and getting swept off the course. Does anyone have advice on maintaining my pace past the halfway mark of the 10K? I've been using Jeff Galloway methods of walk, run, walk and it definitely helps! I start out doing really well and around 3.5 to 4 miles I can feel my legs getting tighter. This race is a goal I've set and I plan to achieve it by crossing that 10K finish line! Just nervous on what to expect since it's my first runDisney events!! Thanks in advance! 😊

Hi guys! I'm a newbie to the runDisney group. About a month ago, I signed up for the Princess 5K and 10K thru some of the charities that still had bibs available. I'm not as worried about the 5K but getting nervous about the 10K and getting swept off the course. Does anyone have advice on maintaining my pace past the halfway mark of the 10K? I've been using Jeff Galloway methods of walk, run, walk and it definitely helps! I start out doing really well and around 3.5 to 4 miles I can feel my legs getting tighter. This race is a goal I've set and I plan to achieve it by crossing that 10K finish line! Just nervous on what to expect since it's my first runDisney events!! Thanks in advance! 😊

Not so much advice on keeping the pace but just general Balloon Lady advice...depending on what corral you start it, you will have a built in buffer in front of the balloon ladies (last to start the race, they carry balloons as a visual representation of the 16min/mi pace). That buffer will help if you do slow down a bit towards the end. I've also found that because of all the characters and moments I stop to take park pictures, I have built in breaks throughout the race that have helped me keep my strength up as well as it gets farther in.

Also know that for the Princess 10K last year, it was my first ever 10K and I walked a solid 99% of it, definitely slower than the 16min/mi pace I was supposed to keep. I still finished and never saw the balloon ladies once. You've totally got this! :D

Work is pressing it's luck today with rudeness and ungrateful people... come on Disney magic and cheer me up.

On another note, I just have to say how nice it is to see how supportive and helpful everyone on here is. I am only doing the 5k and getting more nervous by the day but know I will be in amazing company. :)
No need to be nervous! Also, a 5k is still a great accomplishment so get that "only" out of here! :)

Not so much advice on keeping the pace but just general Balloon Lady advice...depending on what corral you start it, you will have a built in buffer in front of the balloon ladies (last to start the race, they carry balloons as a visual representation of the 16min/mi pace). That buffer will help if you do slow down a bit towards the end. I've also found that because of all the characters and moments I stop to take park pictures, I have built in breaks throughout the race that have helped me keep my strength up as well as it gets farther in.

Also know that for the Princess 10K last year, it was my first ever 10K and I walked a solid 99% of it, definitely slower than the 16min/mi pace I was supposed to keep. I still finished and never saw the balloon ladies once. You've totally got this! :D
Thank you so much!! Thats a bit of relief! Hopefully I'll have a little buffer, but I am a bit worried I'll be placed in the last corral. When I registered I selected the time for the 14-16 min pace. When will we find out that information about corral placement?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter