Princess Weekend 2021

Well I came first 🏅which was nice

I hadn't run that distance ever before, the longest was 9kms the last two weekends in preparation. It was warm (for the UK) but windy, and my goal from starting this plan a few months ago was to run under one hour, and I did it in 58 minutes and 13 seconds, which was very pleasing. I felt like I had some puff left in my lungs but my legs were tired out. It was a lovely run around country lanes, and because of the lockdown it was peaceful with only a car or two. I can't see me going any further in distance but my aim now is to work on increasing my speed.
Congrats!!!!!!!! 1st place, WOW!!!

Well I came first 🏅which was nice

I hadn't run that distance ever before, the longest was 9kms the last two weekends in preparation. It was warm (for the UK) but windy, and my goal from starting this plan a few months ago was to run under one hour, and I did it in 58 minutes and 13 seconds, which was very pleasing. I felt like I had some puff left in my lungs but my legs were tired out. It was a lovely run around country lanes, and because of the lockdown it was peaceful with only a car or two. I can't see me going any further in distance but my aim now is to work on increasing my speed.

Congrats on a great "race"!!!! :banana:

Super excited!

After being stuck at home for the past 2 weeks, I got my best friend and I registered for the 5k &10k today! Saves stress come June and now we can start on costumes and all the rest of the fun stuff.
Finally something fun to do while stuck at home instead of cleaning!:dogdance:

Super excited!

After being stuck at home for the past 2 weeks, I got my best friend and I registered for the 5k &10k today! Saves stress come June and now we can start on costumes and all the rest of the fun stuff.
Finally something fun to do while stuck at home instead of cleaning!:dogdance:
Awesome!!! So why did one of the TAs tell me it was all booked up under the TA deal. Do particular agents only get to register a certain number of people?

Awesome!!! So why did one of the TAs tell me it was all booked up under the TA deal. Do particular agents only get to register a certain number of people?
TAs can call and check what allotment RunDisney has. Disney doesn’t always give TAs free reign. So one day it may be sold out for TAs another day it will be open again. Disney is always changing how many bibs they allow to TAs.

I believe they released more spots. Saw it on another ta’s website and asked mine about it at Dreams and she got us both races.

Well for the first time I have booked a race weekend with a TA (usually I just register when it opens to the general public). I needed something exciting to look forward to, and my husband just bought his third horse this year, so I gave myself permission to have this weekend haha! I will be staying at Pop solo for the race weekend, then my family will join me and we will stay off-site for the week. I will be running the 10K and Half and I'm super excited! Of course, nothing feels too certain right now, but it feels good to have a fun Disney weekend on the calendar again!

Hello!

This year the Princess half was my first time at a RunDisney event, and I'm planning on coming back for 2021 except I want to do the challenge! I registered in October 2019 for the half marathon, and at that point the challenge was already sold out.

How quickly does the challenge generally sell out? I'm planning on signing up the day registration opens anyways, but just want to prepare myself in case it goes as quickly as the 5k and 10k.

Thank you :)

Hello!

This year the Princess half was my first time at a RunDisney event, and I'm planning on coming back for 2021 except I want to do the challenge! I registered in October 2019 for the half marathon, and at that point the challenge was already sold out.

How quickly does the challenge generally sell out? I'm planning on signing up the day registration opens anyways, but just want to prepare myself in case it goes as quickly as the 5k and 10k.

I haven't registered for this particular weekend before, so I can't say, but I do feel like this year is going to be so unusual it will be very hard to predict how fast things will sell out. Maybe after Marathon Weekend registration opens we will have a better idea.

Hearing from folks on this thread who have already settled registration with a TA, it's very tempting to get it over with by doing this because my instinct is that demand will be way up. At the same time it feels way too early to make plans given all the uncertainty everywhere. I'm torn.

Hello!

While I can't speak for registration for the past two years (2019, 2020) in previous years that I've done PHM, the 10K and Challenge tend to sell out the quickest - within a couple of hours of registration opening. Then the half marathon, and then the 5K. Some years, I've found either the 5K or HM still open within a few months of race date, and some years (usually anniversary years) all of the races sell out within a week of registration opening.

Your best bet is to be ready on the day of registration. This means having your active.com account already set up and linked with your credit card information. I usually have the browser open on both my laptop and my phone since I'm often registering for more than just myself. Be patient, the site crashes often.

Next year is going to be a bit unpredictable, though, since many of the Star Wars runners have been pushed to next year. If I had registered for the Star Wars race weekend and had to reschedule, PHM weekend would 100% be my next option since we don't know how runDisney will be functioning this Fall for Wine & Dine, and I'm not big on the WDW Marathon weekend in January (that one might see a lot of folks being pushed that way instead, especially since 2021 is Disney World's 50th Anniversary, even though that's technically in October). We'll see, though. It's still a little too early to tell at this point.

Plan for the worst, hope for the best.

While I can't speak for registration for the past two years (2019, 2020) in previous years that I've done PHM, the 10K and Challenge tend to sell out the quickest - within a couple of hours of registration opening. Then the half marathon, and then the 5K. Some years, I've found either the 5K or HM still open within a few months of race date, and some years (usually anniversary years) all of the races sell out within a week of registration opening.

Your best bet is to be ready on the day of registration. This means having your active.com account already set up and linked with your credit card information. I usually have the browser open on both my laptop and my phone since I'm often registering for more than just myself. Be patient, the site crashes often.

Next year is going to be a bit unpredictable, though, since many of the Star Wars runners have been pushed to next year. If I had registered for the Star Wars race weekend and had to reschedule, PHM weekend would 100% be my next option since we don't know how runDisney will be functioning this Fall for Wine & Dine, and I'm not big on the WDW Marathon weekend in January (that one might see a lot of folks being pushed that way instead, especially since 2021 is Disney World's 50th Anniversary, even though that's technically in October). We'll see, though. It's still a little too early to tell at this point.

what is an active.com account?? thanks!

what is an active.com account?? thanks!

RunDisney did away with using Active for their registration a couple years ago. It used to be the website you had to go through, but now race registration is through RunDisney directly. No need to worry about having an Active account anymore - just make sure your Disney account is set though (the same one you use for My Disney Experience)

Thanks for the replies and feedback! I'll be all ready for when registration opens (whenever that will be!) :)

Is anyone else nervous about booking for next February?

I've not had much luck with booking trips in the last few years. I've booked with two well-known travel companies in 2017 and 2019, both of which went bust but luckily I received full refunds from my credit card company and ATOL respectively. Then this year I've had two trips cancelled because of Corona virus. Luckily I received one full refund and one credit note so again, I have been fortunate but my luck may run out!

The 10 day trip from the UK to WDW next year for the Princess run costs more than all the other trips so I'm feeling a little hesitant in case we have a re-occurance of corona virus next winter. Am I being over-cautious? What's your feelings on it?

Is anyone else nervous about booking for next February?

I've not had much luck with booking trips in the last few years. I've booked with two well-known travel companies in 2017 and 2019, both of which went bust but luckily I received full refunds from my credit card company and ATOL respectively. Then this year I've had two trips cancelled because of Corona virus. Luckily I received one full refund and one credit note so again, I have been fortunate but my luck may run out!

The 10 day trip from the UK to WDW next year for the Princess run costs more than all the other trips so I'm feeling a little hesitant in case we have a re-occurance of corona virus next winter. Am I being over-cautious? What's your feelings on it?
I’m nervous to book my flight but I also know it will turn into a credit if it’s cancelled. But, I’m still hesitant to pull the trigger. I’m also a bit more nervous about not actually getting a race spot come the registration.

I’m also a bit more nervous about not actually getting a race spot come the registration.
I thought that was my biggest worry when I first made the decision to start this journey in December last year. I suppose my decision will be made for me if I don't get a 10k bib.

Thanks for the correction! See, I told you it's been a while since I registered for a rD race! LOL Good to know it doesn't involve a third-party site.

Question for those of you who get your bibs through a TA - what does that process look like? Do they give you a voucher that you then redeem on the race registration day with all of your information to get registered? Or do they take all of your information and register for you? Also, do TAs have challenge bibs or only individual race bibs?

Thanks guys! I’ve done the marathon weekend half and full but this will hopefully be my first princess weekend race!

Another question for you guys. I am staying in a DVC room with my cousin who is a DVC member. Can she register me during her priority registration?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter