• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Probably a risky topic: kids on planes

but even now everyone doesn't have equal booking options either. If economy is fully booked and there are only seats left in UC, than most people will have accept that they won't be on that flight either.

You beat me to it!! I was going to say the same.

We'll all have to agree to differ on this as there is no right or wrong!!

but even now everyone doesn't have equal booking options either. If economy is fully booked and there are only seats left in UC, than most people will have accept that they won't be on that flight either.

I think it is different from being told you can't book a seat that is available just because you have a child as what you describe could happen to you or me and we make the choice to pay the extra or not, we are not told we can't have those last seats.

'on a plane'

This thread has totally proved my point, we dare not make any comments about children without being made to feel like the childcatcher from Chitty Chitty Bang Bang!!

The idea was to try and satisfy everyone, but what comes across is that some parents want it all!!

I'm taking cover now!! :rotfl:

The same could be said about childless people.

I think it is different from being told you can't book a seat that is available just because you have a child as same could happen to you or me and we make the choice to pay the extra or not, we are not told we can't have those last seats.

I believe there is a Charter airline that does not allow children under 12 in their 'premium' area - you couldn't take your child there.

All I'm saying is that I'd like to see all airlines do the same!!

Oh don't children pay less for a flight? That's not equal is it?

As I said we can all have opinions but people who travel with children can't always think they are right.

I think it is different from being told you can't book a seat that is available just because you have a child as what you describe could happen to you or me and we make the choice to pay the extra or not, we are not told we can't have those last seats.

Being told you can't get a seat because you're too poor or being told you can't have a seat because you have a kid.
Not neccessarily that different.

Also if the adult only section would be fully booked, childfree passengers would have to ride it out in the with the kids section :scared: maybe they would prefer to book the next flight too! I know we would :thumbsup2

The same could be said about childless people.

I don't understand this? Can you please explain?

All that was being suggested was an area on a plane where there are adults only, how is that wanting it all?

As adults we do actually pay more for our seats than a child.

I think some people are starting to take all this very personally as if they have to defend their perfect children.

Oh don't children pay less for a flight? That's not equal is it?

It is when they don't take advantage of the free alcohol etc that adults do. And if you think that we are getting a good deal paying £200 for a child seat when the adults fare was only £320 then I think you are mistaken! Furthermore I have to make the choice whether I will pay an additional £200 for a seat for a 11 month old otherwise he spends the entire flight on mine or DH's lap. Hmm comfortable. I don't really think that equality in fares comes into it.

I think some people are starting to take all this very personally as if they have to defend their perfect children.

I don't think that my children are perfect by any stretch of the imagination to be honest.

Are you a new poster? If so I suggest that you read through a few more threads on this board and see that we all actually get on very well and healthy debate is what happens here occasionally - taking it personally doesn't come into it. As I have young children I am drawn to the subject and I do have comments but by no means am I taking yours to heart!

Guys, this seems to have crossed the line between a debate and an argument. Keep it civil, please. :)

I don't understand this? Can you please explain?

All that was being suggested was an area on a plane where there are adults only, how is that wanting it all?

Totally agree, if I had the option of booking in a child-free zone then I would take it. If it meant that I altered my journey to a different date, then I would do so until I found a date that was available. That's not a slight on anyone with kids, that's just my preference, it's not being rude, or disrespectful to anyone else, it's just my preference.

It is when they don't take advantage of the free alcohol etc that adults do. And if you think that we are getting a good deal paying £200 for a child seat when the adults fare was only £320 then I think you are mistaken! Furthermore I have to make the choice whether I will pay an additional £200 for a seat for a 11 month old otherwise he spends the entire flight on mine or DH's lap. Hmm comfortable. I don't really think that equality in fares comes into it.

I don't tend to drink alcohol so why is my seat more expensive?

I believe there is a Charter airline that does not allow children under 12 in their 'premium' area - you couldn't take your child there.

I guess it's not that much of an outrageous idea if there are airlines already doing this ;)

This will be my last post as I said it's all very subjective - but as to you having a child on your lap and it not being comfortable is totally your choice!! I also wonder how many adults - even the big boozers would be able to drink £120 of alcohol!! I'd take the £200 no booze over the £320 with booze anyday!! I don't quite know what the 'etc' is as lots of children eat the same meal as an adult and have that choice!!

Being told you can't get a seat because you're too poor or being told you can't have a seat because you have a kid.
Not neccessarily that different.

Also if the adult only section would be fully booked, childfree passengers would have to ride it out in the with the kids section :scared: maybe they would prefer to book the next flight too! I know we would :thumbsup2

They are not told they can't book that seat because they are too poor, I don't think VA say "we have a seat left in UC but you are not allowed it because your poor".

Also it would not be a kids section as anybody could book it, (unless we get really ridiculous and say only people with kids can book to be in that section)

And I have had to pay full adult price for my DD, as VH charge for two adults and there is just me and my dd traveling.

This is not always the case.

I took my brother to Orlando years ago when he was 8 and he had to pay full adult price. Package deal, 'based on two adults sharing' type you see advertised.

This is not always the case.

I took my brother to Orlando years ago when he was 8 and he had to pay full adult price. Package deal, 'based on two adults sharing' type you see advertised.

Sorry I didn't want to continue this, but I believe you are talking about a package holiday whereas I was talking about flights.

I think an 'adult' seating area is a good idea while others do not each to their own.

We seem to be covering the same ground over and over. Perhaps it would be a good idea to let this one sink.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter