Professional Intern Housing

einahpets126

Mouseketeer
I thought since there's a lot going on in the other PI thread, that we could start one exclusively for housing, finding roommates, etc.

I've started to compile a list of apartment complexes and other housing options which I'll post soon.

Since so many people are looking for roomies too, I think if anyone interested wrote what they're looking for living situation wise, that would help- like rent range, how many people, male or female, smoker/nonsmoker- anything relevant! Again, I'll probably post more info on what I'm personally looking for, but I'm supposed to be finishing my psych paper...so when I finish, I'll be back!

My name is Valerie and I'm going to be a plant science intern at Epcot. (Once I get my official call from casting, but I've been told I was selected for the role.)

I'm looking to live with 3-4 other girls, with my own bedroom. I'm 21 and I would feel more comfortable if everyone else was too. I'm looking for a place that is fully furnished, nearby the properties, and less than $500 a month for rent and utilities. I don't smoke, but I don't mind if you do as long as it's outside. I don't need a place that allows pets.

Also I'm interested in roommates that will also work at Epcot so we can possibly carpool at times to cut down on gas costs, but that's not an absolute requirement.

Valerie - have you considered the PI housing through Disney? Based on what you listed I think you'd be in a good position for it (fully furnished, under $500 a month, you'll be seperated from those under 21). Also, by living in the housing you'll be able to take the FREE bus to and from Epcot, which will surely cut down on gas costs.

Just a suggestion if you haven't already considered it.

It's on the bus line? I heard it wasn't for PIs. What's the building called and is there any information on it? Everything I heard about the Disney housing was negative, but I'm willing to consider it.

For the bus you would have to walk over to Chatham which isn't very far from the Patterson Complex. From what I was told Patterson does not run busses.

The OLD PI housing had very negative reviews... but as of this spring they've moved the PIs into CP housing. All PIs are grouped together in the same building (maybe two buildings) at Patterson Court - the newest CP housing unit.

You do have to walk to Chatham to get to the bus... but it's literally a 5 minute walk and is just around the cornor (very secure area). I did the walk all the time and it's really quite a breeze.

Oh, so the PIs and CPs live together? Do you get your own bedroom, or is it more of a dorm situation?

No... CPs and PIs live in the same apartment complex, but they are not in the same building and definitely not in the same apartment/room.

Is there anywhere with information about Patterson? Maybe I'm looking in the wrong places, but I'm not finding anything.

I'm so glad that u made this thread!!

patterson is the newest disney housing complex.....i lived there last summer during my cp...they do have busses and the walk to the bus stop is very short....there are pros and cons to patterson the pro is all electricity and cable and internet is included in your rent...it would be like an individual lease so if ur roomies dont pay its not all on you....and they are furnished

the cons are that they have strict rules, your not allowed to have visitors after 1 or 2 i cant remember so no over night guests.....also and the main thing for me is you have to share a room....you could have as many as 7 roomates....

patterson is going to be 125 a week so 500 a month....from what ive found a lot of ppl live at coral cay and its like 425 a month including everything....

Sharing bedrooms is definitely something I want to avoid, so I guess the Disney housing is out of the question. Thanks for the input! After five years of living in the dorms on campus, I really need my own space.

For me, having my own is definitely a priority, but I am open to any size apartment. I'm a non smoker and would prefer non smoking roommates, and I'm 22, so roommates 21 and over would be great.

I'm also planning on staying in FL long term, so if there were others planning on staying in FL after their internships, that would be great, but even short term is fine with me.

Coral Cay does seem to be one of the better options- I really like that a lot of PIs seem to live there.

I live in coral cay now. If offered a PI, i'm going to look to see what else is out there and compare. . .villas @ seven dwarfs lane is like a mile closer to Disney than coral cay. . .and from the floorplans i've seen it's a better setup

Has anyone tried looking for housing on the hub?? I have heard there are sometimes posted in the deals section. I personally have not checked it out, so I was just wondering if anyone else has either.

And for Coral Cay, does anyone know how long the leases are for? If I don't get an internship I am still planning on going back to work for the summer and would need a place for only two or three months.

Has anyone tried looking for housing on the hub?? I have heard there are sometimes posted in the deals section. I personally have not checked it out, so I was just wondering if anyone else has either.

And for Coral Cay, does anyone know how long the leases are for? If I don't get an internship I am still planning on going back to work for the summer and would need a place for only two or three months.

you should be able to negotiate your own lease with coral cay. we've been doing 6 months at a time.

I live in coral cay now. If offered a PI, i'm going to look to see what else is out there and compare. . .villas @ seven dwarfs lane is like a mile closer to Disney than coral cay. . .and from the floorplans i've seen it's a better setup

I lived at Coral Cay during my PI. And one of my best friends lived at the Villas. I definitely preferred the layout of his place at the Villas over mine at Coral Cay :)

I currently live in a 4 br apt with 2 other people, and my roommates and I have been trying to fill the empty 4th room for months. PM me for more information.

(mods, feel free to delete this post if it's considered "advertising")

Has anyone tried looking for housing on the hub?? I have heard there are sometimes posted in the deals section. I personally have not checked it out, so I was just wondering if anyone else has either. QUOTE]

I looked on the classified section. They have a section for finding roommates and one for finding housing. I emailed a few people about roommates but it seemed like alot of the places posted were not furnished. I think living with a few PIs at Coral Cay or the Villas sound really nice!

so I went by the villas @ seven dwarfs lane and when I asked about renting, I was given the business card of someone. . .

now, what i found nice is that they have an actual security gate/hut that you have to get past to get in. . .

coral cay's is a facade of security. . .you can tailgate in, or just walk in after dark. and the gate is open all day long. . .

also, validee, it's cheaper NOT to live in the housing disney provides. especially since they raise the rate for PI's. I am a CP living offsite and am paying about what the other CP's are. . .so its definitely better to find roomies and not live in the housing that's provided.

Yeah, the Disney housing is more than what I'm willing to pay, especially for having to share a bedroom.

What information did you get on the Villas for rates?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter