Professional Intern Housing

I thought you pretty much had to live in their buildings for the CP? If you don't mind me asking, did you start off in their housing and then move offsite? Sorry, it's just if I don't get a PI and end up doing the CP, I'm not sure that I really want to live in a dorm situation. Thanks!

Yeah, the Disney housing is more than what I'm willing to pay, especially for having to share a bedroom.

What information did you get on the Villas for rates?

nothing yet, I haven't called since I haven't been offered a PI yet. There are some listed on craigslist though for rent. but those might not be available by the time june rolls around.

I thought you pretty much had to live in their buildings for the CP? If you don't mind me asking, did you start off in their housing and then move offsite? Sorry, it's just if I don't get a PI and end up doing the CP, I'm not sure that I really want to live in a dorm situation. Thanks!

you don't have to live in CP housing as a CP. For a lot of people it's the cheaper option. but for me, I drive my own car anyway, I wanted my own bedroom and it all would've come out to be the same. I lived in CP housing during my first CP, but for this one, I requested to live offsite.

I'm gonna be honest and tell you it's really hard on me personally from a financial standpoint. My bills run me about $1031/month, that includes: rent, car payment, car insurance, & two credit cards(that I am ONLY able to make the minimum payment on, which is really low). and I haven't been making that at all at disney @ 7.21/hr. until 2 or 3 weeks ago, my largest check was for 38 hours. and the last two weeks i've worked 65,& 52 and i've squeezed by. My mom has given me a LOT of money so I wouldn't starve, i can put gas in my car, and I can pay my bills

Has anyone heard anything about Walden Park? It is in Kissimmee and, while not furnished, does have three bedroom units for under 800. It also accepts pets, something I need (if I get accepted). It is income restricted, but come on, we'll be working at Disney. Also, I always check out the reviews and take them with a grain of salt as usually people who leave ratings are disgruntled renters, but this one actually has good ratings! The complaints it does have are not security matters, either, which is my main concern. I'm not sure how far away it is, I figure I'll check that out in the next step, but I thought I'd put it out there and see if anyone knows anything more about it.

Has anyone heard anything about Walden Park? It is in Kissimmee and, while not furnished, does have three bedroom units for under 800. It also accepts pets, something I need (if I get accepted). It is income restricted, but come on, we'll be working at Disney. Also, I always check out the reviews and take them with a grain of salt as usually people who leave ratings are disgruntled renters, but this one actually has good ratings! The complaints it does have are not security matters, either, which is my main concern. I'm not sure how far away it is, I figure I'll check that out in the next step, but I thought I'd put it out there and see if anyone knows anything more about it.

if you get a MI, then getting an income based place is going to be out of the question. especially if you want roomies, One place I've looked at in the past that was income based wanted the income of all residents to be under $28k a year for 2 people i think. . .

if the MI's pay $615/week and you do the math, that's like $31k per person a year. . .

if you get a MI, then getting an income based place is going to be out of the question. especially if you want roomies, One place I've looked at in the past that was income based wanted the income of all residents to be under $28k a year for 2 people i think. . .

if the MI's pay $615/week and you do the math, that's like $31k per person a year. . .

Thanks for looking into it. I want a PI though, not an MI. I'm expecting to bring home about $400 a week, if I'm lucky.

you don't have to live in CP housing as a CP. For a lot of people it's the cheaper option. but for me, I drive my own car anyway, I wanted my own bedroom and it all would've come out to be the same. I lived in CP housing during my first CP, but for this one, I requested to live offsite.

I'm gonna be honest and tell you it's really hard on me personally from a financial standpoint. My bills run me about $1031/month, that includes: rent, car payment, car insurance, & two credit cards(that I am ONLY able to make the minimum payment on, which is really low). and I haven't been making that at all at disney @ 7.21/hr. until 2 or 3 weeks ago, my largest check was for 38 hours. and the last two weeks i've worked 65,& 52 and i've squeezed by. My mom has given me a LOT of money so I wouldn't starve, i can put gas in my car, and I can pay my bills

Thank you so much--it really gives me a great idea of how much to be budgeting for.

Just an FYI for those that get accepted. The PI recruiter that I just got off the phone with said housing will be a lottery for those that are accepted and interested in Disney provided housing.

Thanks for looking into it. I want a PI though, not an MI. I'm expecting to bring home about $400 a week, if I'm lucky.

That may be a little high... my PI is $11.15 and I bring home $368 after taxes. That's a consistent 40 hour week.

so you figured at 11.15 an hour $368 after taxes and disney lowest rent would be $125 which would leave 243 for anything else. I think I am going to try and get a part time job seeing as my work schedule will only be m-f from 9-5.

nothing yet, I haven't called since I haven't been offered a PI yet. There are some listed on craigslist though for rent. but those might not be available by the time june rolls around.

That may be a little high... my PI is $11.15 and I bring home $368 after taxes. That's a consistent 40 hour week.

Ahhh man, this is my parents biggest complaint about the internship, they hate to see me leave the current job I have that pays good for a Internship! I'm in the same predicament as you lauraebeth, (car payment, 2 credit cards bills, etc.) and luckily I've not had to pay rent since I'm currently living at home now but adding everything up and crunching the numbers... it's getting kinda scary! I guess if it's meant to be and I get the PI, it'll all work out...

I am same boat as all of you. I got the rec services job and I just made a weekly budget and after all said and done I would have around $50 in walk around money after credit card, car insurance,food,gas,car payment etc.

Hello!

I am Mallory, from UF, 22 years old, just got the plant science internship! Would anyone be interested at all in living a little closer to the downtown area of Orlando?

Hey everyone! I'm Kayla, I recently got accepted for the Labor Ops- Deployment Internship... I was interested in the PI housing, even though it is kinda expensive, but it is also very close to everything. Who knows, I put my name in for the lottery, but I wouldn't object to maybe having a back-up plan or a better plan... If anyone needs a roommate I'll be glad to help!

Anyways, Good Luck Everyone!

Hello!

I am Mallory, from UF, 22 years old, just got the plant science internship! Would anyone be interested at all in living a little closer to the downtown area of Orlando?

Hey Mallory! I'm Valerie and I'm also going to be doing the plant science internship. Are there any places you have in mind? I'm on a tight budget so I don't want to live anywhere too expensive, and finding a place that's furnished is one of my top priorities. But I'm definitely interested in living with somebody that works the same place so we can cut down on gas.

Hey Validee,

I was thinking about some place within 15min from Disney- perhaps Millenia Mall Apartment area or Belle Isle- both are nice and I am looking for around $400/month budgetwise! As for furniture, I do have tons and cant really affors storage. . . :( but I guess the upside to that would be you wouldnt have to worry about bringing any furniture besides a bed/dresser? I know a lot of apartments in orlando will offer optional furniture upon move-in. Congrats on getting the internship! I have final exams this upcoming week so I was going to begin doing some research next Thursday, Ill let you know what I come across!

Hey Validee,

I was thinking about some place within 15min from Disney- perhaps Millenia Mall Apartment area or Belle Isle- both are nice and I am looking for around $400/month budgetwise! As for furniture, I do have tons and cant really affors storage. . . :( but I guess the upside to that would be you wouldnt have to worry about bringing any furniture besides a bed/dresser? I know a lot of apartments in orlando will offer optional furniture upon move-in. Congrats on getting the internship! I have final exams this upcoming week so I was going to begin doing some research next Thursday, Ill let you know what I come across!

Good luck with your final exams. That's all I have left before I graduate. It's exciting and nerve-inducing all at once.

I have no idea how I'd manage to get a bed and a dresser. Does optional furniture cost extra? I understand wanting to keep your own if you can't store it, though.

Do you live near Orlando?

(I added you on facebook, hope you don't mind!)

Good luck with your final exams. That's all I have left before I graduate. It's exciting and nerve-inducing all at once.

I have no idea how I'd manage to get a bed and a dresser. Does optional furniture cost extra? I understand wanting to keep your own if you can't store it, though.

Do you live near Orlando?

(I added you on facebook, hope you don't mind!)

I'm not sure how you feel about this, but craigslist always has a ton of furniture available for quite cheap, if not free - just take a few friends with you to pick things up if you decide to do this:cutie: Or go yardsaling, how fun!

I'm not sure how you feel about this, but craigslist always has a ton of furniture available for quite cheap, if not free - just take a few friends with you to pick things up if you decide to do this:cutie: Or go yardsaling, how fun!
It sounds like kind of a hassle, especially for only 6 months and then trying to sell it again. But if that's my only option, I'll do what I have to.

I'll just see what comes up.

Hey Everyone! I'm ReAnne, 22, just accepted Retail Management PI position (June 19th till Jan 8). I am looking for some roommates, female only/co-ed, it doesn't matter to me. I would like to keep rent around $500-$600/month (less is good too), and to have separate bedrooms. I'm also hoping to find a furnished place...unless someone has furniture of course :) I was looking into Villas @ 7 Dwarfs or something similar perhaps. I'd rather not be too far from Property, but 20/25 mile radius will be okay. If anyone is interested, please PM me or reply! I have plenty of CP roomie references if needed! lol.

Hey everyone! My name is Emily, I am 21, and I just got accepted for the F&B Management internship! (6/19-1/8) On my CP I lived with 7 other roommates and here at school I live with 3 other girls, so I am flexible when it comes to # of roommates. I would like to live within 15-20 miles of property. I would not like to spend more than $600 a month on rent, and since I am driving from PA, a furnished place would be better. I am a non smoker so I would prefer a non smoking apt but I am fine if people want to smoke outside. Thanks, and congrats to everyone else with acceptances!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter