• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

RCI special: Trade week & get 1 for 149!!

Melynny

DIS Veteran
I almost missed this special, and I just traded into Orlando.. It seems that RCI has a special that for every week traded for a specified period of time ( it started 10/3) , you get another week in Orlando or 2 other locations for 149.00! I used this to extend my current trade for another week, even though I am only going to be using it for 4 nights! This is a great deal!

where is this information about RCI special posted on the RCI site....

which resort did you get in orlando...?

do you own in orlando ?

we were often told you could not trade into orlando if you own there....but recently have been seeing "weeks" for orlando when we are looking for trades

This was posted on the RCI site, on one of those header type advertisements. I found it when I was logging into the members area.

I do own in Orlando (Old Key West), but my trade was for a week I own in Branson. I have not heard that you can't trade back into Orlando if you own in Orlando.. You do know that "trading power" goes away the closer to the date you want to travel? I traded a one bedroom white week for a week in a 2 br at Vistana Villages in November. I was able to use the extra week at 149.00 to reserve another consecutive week at the same resort, even though I only needed 3 more nights in Orlando. What a Deal! I am so happy!

There are a few restrictions, so I suggest that you check out the RCI website for all of the details. Also, as a side point, I have been able to trade back into my resorts in Branson, so I am not sure about not being able to trade into Orlando if you own there. Happy Planning!

Here's what I copied from the RCI website:

>>>>>Book Any Week and Get a Second Week For Only $149.99 ($USD)

Now through December 14, 2001, when you confirm an RCI Weeks Exchange, any RCI Points 7 night resort reservation, or a Vacation Escapes® week, get a second week for only $149.99 ($USD) in the Orlando, Ft. Lauderdale, Williamsburg and Chicago areas! Below, is a sample of exciting resorts to choose from for your extra vacation.

To take advantage of this offer and to get a full listing of available resorts, you will need to call an RCI Vacation Counselor at 1-877-894-1788. If you are an RCI Points member, please call 1-877-968-7476. Travel dates for the second vacation week priced at $149.99 ($USD) are available now through December 16, 2001. All prices are in $USD. <<<<<<<

I wish I could figure out how to change the text.

[

looks lke there is an expiry date to this promotion.......

oh well maybe they will have it again...

or is that the date by which you have to confirm your booking......

well, here's what I think it may be.. you can confirm a trade ( to anywhere), anytime. You must use the bonus 149.00 week before Dec. 16 to the specified locations. I had just done a last minute trade to be used Nov.. 2nd and was lucky enough to book another week at the same location.. BUT, I am not sure how it works, I guess I'll call them.!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter