READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was down this morning for awhile. Was back up for like 20 minutes. Now it’s down again. Still trying to ride. CMs are doing a great job. I’m sure lots of ppl are angry.

I’m staying at Pop and at 5:50a, there was about 3 busloads of people and one bus. I decided to get a lyft and it took about 15 minutes. No Minnie vans available that I could find.

with all the downtime today, it’s been nice having the skyliner, but it didn’t open until 7:30a today.

I wish Disney would just go ahead and update their February hours. From 2/2 on DHS has a 9 a.m. opening. I can't imagine that is going to stick.
Yeah - I gotta feel like there's a 99% surety that they are moving to 8am...right? And possibly even 7am...(although at some point you have to figure they want to reign back in the 7am opens...)

Was down this morning for awhile. Was back up for like 20 minutes. Now it’s down again. Still trying to ride. CMs are doing a great job. I’m sure lots of ppl are angry.

I’m staying at Pop and at 5:50a, there was about 3 busloads of people and one bus. I decided to get a lyft and it took about 15 minutes. No Minnie vans available that I could find.

with all the downtime today, it’s been nice having the skyliner, but it didn’t open until 7:30a today.
Wow - yeah down again. This might be the worst day since back in early December (January 3rd is a contender there as well). The good news is after the terrible day on Jan 3rd, the 4th ended up being one of the best days as far as throughput goes (so it doesn't necessarily mean doom and gloom for tomorrow). That provides little solace to those whose last chance to ride is today though 😞

My guaranteed BG of 98 today is looking pretty bleak so I'll ask again in case anyone has experience here. If im offered an any time FP tomorrow, am I able to try for another BG for the possibility of riding twice? Or does the anytime FP negate getting a BG?

Thank you!

For an 8 AM opening?
Are you wanting to ride other rides stand by? If yes, that's perfect
If no, then you are wasting precious sleeping time waiting for nothing. And standing in line for nothing.
Get there about 30 min later, when the initial crowd has scanning through and they are standing around waiting inside. You'll breeze right in the gates and still be inside waiting with those that got there a long time ago, all equally as eligible for the same chances at a boarding group.
I would if DS wasn’t along, won’t be back for some time, wanted to increase odds
Looks like they changed opening time to 7:00 for January 12-17, according to the website. I tried to jump on some early FP+'s, but almost gone already.
Best laid plans hahaha thanks for posting

My guaranteed BG of 98 today is looking pretty bleak so I'll ask again in case anyone has experience here. If im offered an any time FP tomorrow, am I able to try for another BG for the possibility of riding twice? Or does the anytime FP negate getting a BG?

Thank you!
I don't think anyone has reported that specific experience. If you end up doing it let us know

Including the prior revisions, the park is now scheduled to open at 7AM EVERY DAY UNTIL 1/26!

okay couldn't they just as easily have changed the scheduled park open to 7am through the end of January? C'mon DIS! Our one HS day is Jan 29 and this process is already stressing me out! Just wanna know if I have to be stressed AND tired that morning lol. (Also I may or may not need the next 3 weeks to convince DH that we have to leave ASMo at 6am for a 7am open haha)

I wish Disney would just go ahead and update their February hours. From 2/2 on DHS has a 9 a.m. opening. I can't imagine that is going to stick.

FYI, the ‘normal’ pattern for the typical following month park hour updates puts them happening this coming Friday, 1/10. It’s usually the second Friday of the month prior, although can sometimes be the third Friday depending on how the calendar falls. The updates tend to happen in the afternoon, ET.

FYI, the ‘normal’ pattern for the typical following month park hour updates puts them happening this coming Friday, 1/10. It’s usually the second Friday of the month prior, although can sometimes be the third Friday depending on how the calendar falls. The updates tend to happen in the afternoon, ET.
I was shocked to see the EMH change for March so soon. I guess it helps people booking FP+ so that was nice of Disney 👍

okay couldn't they just as easily have changed the scheduled park open to 7am through the end of January? C'mon DIS! Our one HS day is Jan 29 and this process is already stressing me out! Just wanna know if I have to be stressed AND tired that morning lol. (Also I may or may not need the next 3 weeks to convince DH that we have to leave ASMo at 6am for a 7am open haha)
I'll be braving the crowd with you that morning! As a dedicated non-morning person I find myself in the strange position of hoping they move to a 7am opening, voluntarily dragging myself out of bed an hour earlier. Might as well go all in! I'm on a solo trip (or Han Solo, as a CM helpfully called me during a BB-8 meet) so at least I don't have to convince anybody other than myself. Don't think I'd have much luck with that lol.

Thanks for the heads up!

BG 91 just got called. The line wraps around outside the building, which didn’t happen on Sunday. The CMs are also preparing for the line to extend beyond the scan point, so I suspect they’re getting ready to call a bunch of BGs to make up for lost time.

Would anyone like to hazard a guess at how the roads will be getting to Hollywood Studios on marathon Sunday with the park now opening at 7? Will be going from Riverside. Thanks!

Would anyone like to hazard a guess at how the roads will be getting to Hollywood Studios on marathon Sunday with the park now opening at 7? Will be going from Riverside. Thanks!
They don't close the roads completely, but there will be slow parts. Just travel maybe 15 to 30 minutes before you were planning

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter