READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
tried from home this morning. Had my app open 30 seconds before and tapped find out more right at 8. Button was grey. Went back and froth to the home screen a couple of times, then tried reloading the app. Button was red, but on backup groups. Any advice on what I did wrong?
If this happen try to go My status, refresh and the join a boarding group should be there. I got it this wsy this morning from home. My MDE app is taking almost a minute to open. No way will open it fresh at 8:00!

Question...has anyone been lucky enough to get an early boarding group, ride and then be successful at getting a backup boarding group to ride a second time? Just curious to know if it’s possible.

Also, my phone did auto update to the app. Other than taking a few extra seconds to load I haven’t had problems practicing from home on WiFi. Will be trying on Verizon LTE tomorrow morning. I have iPhone XS Max.

I had the exact same issue this time. Unfortunately, my phone also update the app. What used to take approximately 10 seconds to open took over 30 seconds to open. I had to completely shut down the app and restart in order to get the button to light up. I’ve been practicing for weeks with no issues and had my timing down to a T. This app change really sucks and I hope they fix things before my trip in a couple of weeks...
I’m one of the folks complaining about the update re: getting a boarding group, too. Yesterday the updated app was a mess. This morning, it worked fine and I was poised for a BG at 8:00:15. Opened it at 7:55, fully expecting it to crash like yesterday. I think the takeaway is it’s unpredictable, and I’m interested in whether folks at the park have found that they HAVE TO close it out and reopen after tapping in at HS to get the “party” recognized as in the park. If I don’t close it out (as in shut down the app entirely by double clicking on the home button and swiping it up to close it) then maybe I’ll be okay?

Second attempt this morning. Got into park at 730. Waited until my phone changed to 8 then opened app, tapped more info button, red button was lit up! Selected all my group, group 4! In line for SDD now hoping I make it through quick to get back in time (1 hour window)

ETA: I did NOT update the app yesterday

Well I’m pretty irritated. I left the resort at 6:49 got to HS at 7:07. Tapped in at 7:15. I got stuck with boarding group 100. I had 4 bars on LTE and also had another phone on WiFi. My phone auto updated the app yesterday so needless to say didn’t work well today. I couldn’t get the button to turn red despite refreshing. On the other phone the button turned red but kept giving me error messages.

Did you take screen shot of error? I would show GET and see if they can do anything

Question...has anyone been lucky enough to get an early boarding group, ride and then be successful at getting a backup boarding group to ride a second time? Just curious to know if it’s possible.

Also, my phone did auto update to the app. Other than taking a few extra seconds to load I haven’t had problems practicing from home on WiFi. Will be trying on Verizon LTE tomorrow morning. I have iPhone XS Max.

It is not possible to join a second boarding group on the same day.

We go early March, a day after MMRR opens. Touring Plans just updated their crowd calendars and it went from a 4 to an 8. How screwed are we?

We don’t care about MMRR, and have a FP for MFSR. Plan to rope drop ToT. I’m so nervous now!

We had chosen this week due to low crowds and MMRR just happened to announce its opening.😢

Backups still available as of 8:27
I was just writing the same!

Also wanted to add, I have been successful in trying from home the past couple of mornings on my iPhone with updated app. I did notice this morning it went faster and checked for updates and the app was updated again this morning, update notes said it fixed bugs.

Did you take screen shot of error? I would show GET and see if they can do anything
No I didn’t, I was just scrambling to refresh and then reload to just try to get in. I didn’t think the GET staff could do much since I’m sure others had the same issue. If it gets towards the end of the night and I don’t get called I will go talk to them though.

No I didn’t, I was just scrambling to refresh and then reload to just try to get in. I didn’t think the GET staff could do much since I’m sure others had the same issue. If it gets towards the end of the night and I don’t get called I will go talk to them though.

Yeah, I would probably have done the same (easy to look back and think of what could have been done )

Good luck - hopefully the ride has a great day!

At 8:37 (first time I've looked today since I was working and forgot), there were no backups available.

Yeah, I would probably have done the same (easy to look back and think of what could have been done )

Good luck - hopefully the ride has a great day!
Yeah fingers crossed. At least dinner is nowhere important and I can shift it around if needed.

Well I’m pretty irritated. I left the resort at 6:49 got to HS at 7:07. Tapped in at 7:15. I got stuck with boarding group 100. I had 4 bars on LTE and also had another phone on WiFi. My phone auto updated the app yesterday so needless to say didn’t work well today. I couldn’t get the button to turn red despite refreshing. On the other phone the button turned red but kept giving me error messages.
I felt that same pain yesterday....very frustrating. They did end up getting through all of the boarding passes, so my fingers are crossed you will have the same luck today. We were BG 85 and got on right around 4:30

My Experience: Got BG 84. Got in line at 3:50 p.m. Broke down for 1 hour and 10 min. They gave us water, choice of cookies, chips or bananas while we waited. Most people were sitting on the floor in the cue, while we waited, including me. Chewy came by and we got free pics with him. When the ride was finally up and running we walked right on. I was pretty close to the front of the line, so not sure how long of a wait those further back had to wait. Overall, it wasn't too bad. I was just happy to get on that day. The ride was pretty cool.

Are there any drawbacks to NOT updating the app? I still have a couple weeks to go, but haven't updated the app on my iPhone 8 to the latest version. The update is available in the App Store (says updated 2 days ago). I think I'll hold off for a while to see how things shake out.

We go early March, a day after MMRR opens. Touring Plans just updated their crowd calendars and it went from a 4 to an 8. How screwed are we?

We don’t care about MMRR, and have a FP for MFSR. Plan to rope drop ToT. I’m so nervous now!

We had chosen this week due to low crowds and MMRR just happened to announce its opening.😢
"screwed"? not really. Never plan around the crowd calendar numbers, I know a lot of people swear by them but, just know it's going to be busy. With an opening of a new attraction you know it's going to be busier. If RotR is a priority just be at the park at least 30 min before official park opening and make sure all your tickets are linked properly. Everyone inside the park at opening time is getting a bg. MMRR was announced to open on March 4th back in December, you've had time to prepare, which you are doing, so you'll be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter