READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Am I missing something here?

I understand that we have to get to the park early, time it just right, and attempt for a BG for RoTR.

BUT, while the hysteria is going on to get a number, shouldn't everyone be running full speed (while trying to navigate the app for RoTR) to the OTHER ride, Smuggler's Run? Wouldn't that knock two of the rides out? To get in the standby line at rope drop?

I understand that we have to get to the park early, time it just right, and attempt for a BG for RoTR.

BUT, while the hysteria is going on to get a number, shouldn't everyone be running full speed (while trying to navigate the app for RoTR) to the OTHER ride, Smuggler's Run? Wouldn't that knock two of the rides out? To get in the standby line at rope drop?
The option to join a bg opens at park opening and the rope drop into the areas doesn't open until a minute or two after. So people wait on sunset or tsland or grand Avenue

So just to add to everyone’s comments about the MDE update today (including mine earlier) the new update is horrible for iPhones! My app crashed more than it opened today, and it was a huge problem when trying to get a ROTR boarding pass this morning. Super glad that my husband did not update his phone yet. I never did get the prompt to join a group even after reopening the app twice. Trying to access anything on the app was incredibly frustrating.

On a brighter note, we did get to experience ROTR eventually in backup BG 85. It is amazing...and I will say no more on that.

We thought the transportation getting there was going to be our biggest problem, but it was a breeze. We’re staying at the Riviera and both of us use ECVs, so Lyft was not an option. We were at the bus stop at 6:30 this morning. One ecv was already there, so we knew we were going to get split up. A bus came at 6:50 and I boarded that bus with the other ecv. The driver assured me that another bus would be coming for my husband in 12 minutes, and lo and behold, we actually saw that bus coming into the resort as we were leaving. Both of us were inside of the park by 7:14.It looks like the later opening time may have finally fixed the early transportation issues. YAY!

Hoping the MDE issues get fixed soon for those visiting soon. My best advice if you are traveling soon, and haven’t updated the app.....DON’T!!

MDE has been locking up on the home screen for a solid 2 days. Very rough to use in the parks.

Talked to a cast member on the way out tonight at ROTR, she said they got through all the BG today and gave a little cheer!

HS emptied out at 6:30 and left MFSR with 30 minute waits. Rode 3 times today.

For the record , solo rider got pilot 2/3 timea and Gunner once. Never engineer.

I also drink too much at my second Oga’s Cantina ressie. Its was not crazy crowded by any means either visit.
Lots of fun people !

you get held at a certain area, and won't release until a couple of minutes after (so people aren't looking at their phones trying to get a BG and walking at the same time)

you get held at a certain area, and won't release until a couple of minutes after (so people aren't looking at their phones trying to get a BG and walking at the same time)

Right, this is what I would think would happen. People running into each other, the dinosaur, the pond, trash cans, tripping on curbs...pandemonium with smart phones and people walking into poles while trying to get a BG. :oops:o_O

Ok, so walk through park, get on app 1 minute before opening, wait in holding area before the rest of the areas of HS open up. But then at that point, shouldn't people then bolt over to Smuggler's Run? There still shouldn't be a wait since technically you are in the group of the first people there. No?

Right, this is what I would think would happen. People running into each other, the dinosaur, the pond, trash cans, tripping on curbs...pandemonium with smart phones and people walking into poles while trying to get a BG. :oops:o_O

Ok, so walk through park, get on app 1 minute before opening, wait in holding area before the rest of the areas of HS open up. But then at that point, shouldn't people then bolt over to Smuggler's Run? There still shouldn't be a wait since technically you are in the group of the first people there. No?
The CMs stay in front of the group and walk it into SWGE. Same for guests wanting to RD TSL rides or ToT/RnR. No bolting allowed! :)

People rope drop mfsr, sdd, tot and rnrc. So if you're at the front of the pack and are headed to mfsr you should have about a20 min wait at rope drop.

For those that are having issues with the new App crashing on startup, I found an "ok" work around for at least my Iphone. The key is to make sure that you logout of your account each time you close out the App. Strangely enough, that allows me to reopen the App without it crashing the next time. However, it does make it more difficult to time the App reboot just before the 8 am start time as others are going.

For those that are having issues with the new App crashing on startup, I found an "ok" work around for at least my Iphone. The key is to make sure that you logout of your account each time you close out the App. Strangely enough, that allows me to reopen the App without it crashing the next time. However, it does make it more difficult to time the App reboot just before the 8 am start time as others are going.
Tomorrow is my day, I’m too nervous to try something like that for the first time since I’ve always had better luck being In the app and starting from there at the exact time. But I did notice the app was super slow to load today, of course. I do have the latest version, I think I have all of my apps set to update automatically.

Well, I’ve been following along and tomorrow is our day. Our one shot. I prebooked a Lyft for 6:50, which I never even knew you could do. I hope it works 🤞. Our tickets have been giving us problems this trip, we have had to spend 15-30 min at GR each time we’ve tried to enter a park, and each time a different issue or different person with an issue. They assured me this am at the AK GR that we were all good to go for HS tomorrow, they checked and were on the phone with IT. I certainly hope so, I was getting annoyed and frustrated but if it happens tomorrow again after being “fixed” 3 times already I’ll be really upset, particularly if it causes us to not get a BG.
We also have Ogas, Savis, sci fi, and our 3 fps, it will be a minor miracle if this all actually works out.

The CMs stay in front of the group and walk it into SWGE. Same for guests wanting to RD TSL rides or ToT/RnR. No bolting allowed! :)
Only thing close to bolting is if you're a bit further back, some solo people may weave around others (as I did when I went). But still, as mentioned, CMs stay at the front so it's not really a mad dash to the ride. Maybe you'll see some singles "running" or in my case speed weaving, but it's fairly difficult to really "run" so less cases of people bumping into each other other than what's typical when so many people heading for one place. Also yes, as mentioned, I think rope didn't drop for about two minutes. When the park officially opens, there's an announcement that goes out (I believe through the whole park) and that's when everyone is head down, on phone. You'll likely hear a lot of cheers and also potentially some frustration by those having issues, and then rope drops. You SHOULD have time to get your boarding group before you have to even start walking towards MFSR (or whichever ride you're heading to)

So just to add to everyone’s comments about the MDE update today (including mine earlier) the new update is horrible for iPhones! My app crashed more than it opened today, and it was a huge problem when trying to get a ROTR boarding pass this morning. Super glad that my husband did not update his phone yet. I never did get the prompt to join a group even after reopening the app twice. Trying to access anything on the app was incredibly frustrating.
Hoping the MDE issues get fixed soon for those visiting soon. My best advice if you are traveling soon, and haven’t updated the app.....DON’T!!
I practiced this morning from home with no issues on two different phones. I just checked and realized that neither one had been updated to the most recent version of MDE app. I've got until March, but I think I'll hold off on updating until I hear that it's running for more smoothly for those who update.

:offtopic: but I've also noticed in the app that where I've changed FPs, both the original and the new FP times show up on the app. If I click on the old one, it gives an error message because that FP doesn't exist anymore. But then why is it even still displayed on the app? Similarly, I have ADRs that I cancelled/changed and those still show up on the app, but just as with the FPs, it gives an error message if I click on them because they don't exist anymore.

Any thoughts on why the app shows the outdated reservations AS WELL AS the current ones?

I practiced this morning from home with no issues on two different phones. I just checked and realized that neither one had been updated to the most recent version of MDE app. I've got until March, but I think I'll hold off on updating until I hear that it's running for more smoothly for those who update.

:offtopic: but I've also noticed in the app that where I've changed FPs, both the original and the new FP times show up on the app. If I click on the old one, it gives an error message because that FP doesn't exist anymore. But then why is it even still displayed on the app? Similarly, I have ADRs that I cancelled/changed and those still show up on the app, but just as with the FPs, it gives an error message if I click on them because they don't exist anymore.

Any thoughts on why the app shows the outdated reservations AS WELL AS the current ones?
Other people have reported seeing that with the last 2 MDE updates. One of the many, many glitches apparently. So far I haven’t seen anyone reporting issues because of it, just that they’re there.

Other people have reported seeing that with the last 2 MDE updates. One of the many, many glitches apparently. So far I haven’t seen anyone reporting issues because of it, just that they’re there.
Even though the app is displaying a phantom "echo" of the FPs and ADRs that I changed or cancelled when viewing "my plans," everything shows up correctly on the website. So it appears to be contained to just the app and not the entire MDE system.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter