READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Right, this is what I would think would happen. People running into each other, the dinosaur, the pond, trash cans, tripping on curbs...pandemonium with smart phones and people walking into poles while trying to get a BG. :oops:o_O

Ok, so walk through park, get on app 1 minute before opening, wait in holding area before the rest of the areas of HS open up. But then at that point, shouldn't people then bolt over to Smuggler's Run? There still shouldn't be a wait since technically you are in the group of the first people there. No?

Lots of people are already in a crowd waiting for the rope to drop to go to MFSR prior to the official park opening and then the CMs calmly walk everyone there - and not really room to "bolt" - this photo is from yesterday morning via blog mickey. But yes, these would be the first in line for MFSR so earlier you get there closer to the front of this group you would be.

Does anyone know how many people are actually in a boarding group? Just trying to figure out some math / odds.

tried from home this morning. Had my app open 30 seconds before and tapped find out more right at 8. Button was grey. Went back and froth to the home screen a couple of times, then tried reloading the app. Button was red, but on backup groups. Any advice on what I did wrong?

tried from home this morning. Had my app open 30 seconds before and tapped find out more right at 8. Button was grey. Went back and froth to the home screen a couple of times, then tried reloading the app. Button was red, but on backup groups. Any advice on what I did wrong?
I had the exact same issue this time. Unfortunately, my phone also update the app. What used to take approximately 10 seconds to open took over 30 seconds to open. I had to completely shut down the app and restart in order to get the button to light up. I’ve been practicing for weeks with no issues and had my timing down to a T. This app change really sucks and I hope they fix things before my trip in a couple of weeks...

My phone usually needs 5 seconds to load the app from home. I always open the app 5 seconds before boarding groups were available. I always have the red button then. Tried it now 6 times since last week.

Using a Huawei Mate 20 Pro on LTE and the newest version off the app (5.8).

Last edited:
FWIW: (practicing at home on LTE only, no WiFi)

I, like many of you, have been opening the app about 5-10 seconds prior to exactly 7:00 or 8:00 with good success on getting to the red join boarding group button very quickly.

This morning I tried with the app already open and toggling between MDX homepage ‘find out more’ and the back button and it worked JUST as well - join boarding group turned red about 5 seconds after 7am. Pretty sure I would have had a very low BG this morning too.

Both seem to be working (at least this morning) equally fast.

When our time comes in a month, I think I’ll try one method while having my bride try the other.

Well I’m pretty irritated. I left the resort at 6:49 got to HS at 7:07. Tapped in at 7:15. I got stuck with boarding group 100. I had 4 bars on LTE and also had another phone on WiFi. My phone auto updated the app yesterday so needless to say didn’t work well today. I couldn’t get the button to turn red despite refreshing. On the other phone the button turned red but kept giving me error messages.

I

I have tried different things on different days, but one thing that has worked for me recently is this. If I hit “Find Out More” right on the hour, and the Boarding Group button is not red, I then click on “My Status”. Usually the “Join Boarding Group” button there is active (it doesn’t turn red) and I proceed from there.

Interesting: Now I am getting the "important update" message again. The last day I didnt get that message.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter