READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
iPhone users, open your app 5 minutes before opening, go to the home screen and watch your Clock app second hand spin, when it’s just about to hit opening time, go back to the Disney app, hit Find out More and it will turn red.
Tried the last two days from home, no issue with the new update if you do this.

thats exactly what I was doing and couldn’t get the red to show no matter what I did. Same with two other people in my group, one on Android. While people were screaming around us

I used to open the app 10 seconds before 8am and always got a red button immediately when training from home using data/wifi turned off.

Today I tested to open the app before 8am and hitting the find out more button right at 8am - no problems at all to get a boarding group.

Using a Huawei Mate 20 Pro on Android with the newest version of the app.

I think most of the people had problems when using an Iphone, right?

iPhone users, open your app 5 minutes before opening, go to the home screen and watch your Clock app second hand spin, when it’s just about to hit opening time, go back to the Disney app, hit Find out More and it will turn red.
Tried the last two days from home, no issue with the new update if you do this.
Yes! I had major issues yesterday. Prior to the app update, I would open at 12 seconds and have Bg red right away. Today, I opened at 4 minutes, left in background, and waited. Clicked at 8:00:01 and was red. Now today, all members were present except for myself. Real life, I would’ve just gotten a boarding group and had GET add me. I did show up about 30 seconds later, but more reassured this AM that it will hopefully work for me in a couple of weeks.

7:00:41 was when backups started when I practiced this morn at home.

ETA: Mine glitched when first starting and did not list all my people, me included. Shut app out and reloaded, still had time for regular group and people all showed.
Same. On Android. Got the red immediately but wouldn't load my people. Had to close and restart and got backup well before 801. 0 for 2 on my practice so far but I have 2 months still

Last edited:
Same. Got the red immediately but would load my people. Had to close and restart and got backup well before 801. 0 for 2 on my practice so far but I have 2 months still
Mine showed my people, then that screen immediately refreshed itself (took about 2 seconds), but everyone was still there and it worked fine. I wonder if they are still working bugs out of the update.

Even though the app is displaying a phantom "echo" of the FPs and ADRs that I changed or cancelled when viewing "my plans," everything shows up correctly on the website. So it appears to be contained to just the app and not the entire MDE system.
[/QUOA Another thread/source said to fix this problem, delete the app, then add it back. You then have to log in. My plans were correctly updated with this method - canceled FPs and ADRs no longer showing.

HOWEVER, word of caution is that then you have the latest version of the app. Parts of this thread are saying this may result in problems including with getting a BG so weigh possible pros and cons. I already had updated before reading this, so will do the practice at home method and see if there are problems ahead of my visit next week. This morning, missed 8:00 practice, but 8:05 practice seemed fine getting backup BG and then the screen, "is everyone in the park?" per normal when practicing from home. But have asked my DW to NOT delete the app and NOT to update, especially given her older iphone.

Got it!!! BG 42!! Got so nervous that I left my wife out of the party 😂😂😂.
She was not showing with my kids.
Got a back up BG for her, 20 seconds later. BG 89.
Thanks so much to all in this thread!!
Go to one of the team members and explain that you all were there at the same time but it failed to add them. They should add her to yours. I somehow missed adding myself this morning and they fixed it no problem

Yes! I had major issues yesterday. Prior to the app update, I would open at 12 seconds and have Bg red right away. Today, I opened at 4 minutes, left in background, and waited. Clicked at 8:00:01 and was red. Now today, all members were present except for myself. Real life, I would’ve just gotten a boarding group and had GET add me. I did show up about 30 seconds later, but more reassured this AM that it will hopefully work for me in a couple of weeks.
If you’re having issues with the app update try completely uninstalling and reinstalling. I did that last night and while my friend was faster I was able to get into the system as well today though I couldn’t yesterday. I did start with the app open though because it’s still slow to open.

the one hour return in the morning is not enforced, you have 2 hours to make it back once they call you
Initially they showed a 1 hr return window for me, but it now switched to show 2 hrs in the app as well.

That is good to hear. I wonder if restaurants outside of DHS are also being this flexible.
I already posted this, but it directly answers your question. The GET CM at a blue umbrella in MK helped me cancel an ADR at Trails End, the restaurant at Fort Wilderness, because my BG was being called at the same time.

Our BG was called, 14, about 8:30ish. We had just come of ToT and I forgot to look at the time. Walked back and the ride is down already. We were told we can come back anytime the ride starts operating. Sigh.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter