READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
And another, it seems that there are fewer "guaranteed" BGs that are only lasting the first minute, but backup groups tend to continue for at least a little while, even almost 2 hours. Even getting a backup group tends to mean still having a decent probability, depending on how the ride operates that day. They tend to get through a good number of backup groups most days also. Welcome to this board. This board should be renamed to reflect our identity as the Cult of The Chart! :rotfl2:

This is the way.

My experience yesterday:
  1. Arrived at bag check at 7:40 am
  2. Entered the park at 7:50 am
  3. Used data, Disney app slow to load and slow to open.
  4. Tapped join group at 8 am exactly, BG 29. We were called around noon.
  5. Rode in "B" mode.
  6. Anything after 63 was a back-up group.
  7. Ronto Wrap was awesome!
I was able to get a FP for R.N.R.C before 9 am the day before from home.
Star Tours was a 5 minute wait. Of course we rode it.
Did MFSR - FYI single rider loads from both sides. There is a sign that says "Hangar Bays" with arrows pointing left and right.

Last edited:
Since the update the Disney app continues to crash on my iPhone 5s. Heading down in three weeks. I guess I won’t be going on the ride.

I had this problem a few weeks ago and resolved it by completely uninstalling and then reinstalling MDE. Worth a try - I've also got an "old" phone by phone standards (Galaxy 7) which I imagine has something to do with it.

7:00:41 was when backups started when I practiced this morn at home.

ETA: Mine glitched when first starting and did not list all my people, me included. Shut app out and reloaded, still had time for regular group and people all showed.
I practiced from home and had the exact same experience, unfortunately.

At home, I turned off WiFi and launched the app at exactly 8:00. I counted seconds while waiting for it to load... it took 45 seconds to get a red button and at that point they were already onto back up groups.

The app used to load in 12 seconds every time - before the update. It loaded within about 20-30 seconds but then no red button. I’m guessing it just wasn’t fully loaded since the my status button wasn’t clickable either. I went back to the home page and then to find out more a few times. Tried refreshing the page... It took 45 seconds to get the red button! Way too long.

I have an iPhone 7 with Disney’s new update. Ugh!

My experience yesterday:
  1. ...
I was able to get a FP for R.N.R.C. and TOT before 9 am the day before from home.
Star Tours was a 5 minute wait. Of course we rode it.
Did MFSR - FYI single rider loads from both sides. There is a sign that says "Hangar Bays" with arrows pointing left and right.

Slightly OT but if you got a FP for RNRC and TOT does that mean they changed the tiering on FP before 2/19 now? I never re-checked for my 2/17 HS day.

Glad I wasn't there today. Tried at home, and didn't get the red button to come up until it was already in backup groups (which took about 45 seconds), would have been so mad
My iPhone worked this morning unlike yesterday but my iPad would not open the App. Glitched and shut down. Tried numerous times. Deleted app, reinstalled and hard booted the iPad and App still won’t open! I have no confidence in the App and so worried for my trip next month! I would have been so mad too if this happened on my park day.

I had to completely shutdown the app and reload, then the red button came up

So I think for tomorrow, I'll do what I did when I got BG 5 a couple of weeks ago. At about 7:59:30 I'm gonna close the app down, load it and see if the button is red, and just repeat. And hope my timing is spot on like last time

I have an Android and haven't had any issues with the app itself. Since my Dad will be with me, I'll have him try too (even though I expect I'll still be faster than him LOL)

We got a backup using my son’s phone, the button never turned red and everyone around us was cheering. My app simply wouldn’t open at all. I am so angry and frustrated right now.

same.. no one in my group could get it to turn red , no matter how much going back and forth to refresh. Ended up with backup 79. Hope it has a better day than yesterday

Was a little slower getting out the door this morning.
Left at 7:05
Went through bag check at 7:23
(Yesterday when I was a little earlier bagless line was faster today bag line was faster)
Tapped by 7:29 no finger print today
Friend was faster and got me boarding group 14 from home, so I should ride today!

iPhone users, open your app 5 minutes before opening, go to the home screen and watch your Clock app second hand spin, when it’s just about to hit opening time, go back to the Disney app, hit Find out More and it will turn red.
Tried the last two days from home, no issue with the new update if you do this.

iPhone users, open your app 5 minutes before opening, go to the home screen and watch your Clock app second hand spin, when it’s just about to hit opening time, go back to the Disney app, hit Find out More and it will turn red.
Tried the last two days from home, no issue with the new update if you do this.
I will try this tomorrow! Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter